Home

WIP Anakin Skywalker

KevinCoyle

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The hair is a bit big i agree. I wasn't saying that you meant make real hair but even in he had a ton of polys in just the head it would slow things down abit. I was looking at the chewbacca model and I had forgotten that that used hair that looked like it came off the body. now I cant explain it but I am sure it can be done with the anakin model.

Originally posted by KevinCoyle

if the model resemble's anakin less then the first one then something else is wrong, any Idea what it might be?

Here are two shots of the model with a reference photo

FirstRenderWReference

NewRenderWReference

In the first one the eyes are in more of a natural shape, which is how he appears in most of the pictures of him. In the second, the eyes look more hard-lined and uh... unnatural. Also the texture used for the eyes in the first shot looks a lot better. In the second it looks very blurry.

About the hair, I agree it still needs work. Spikey hair is very difficult to make and look good without adding alot of polys but I will see if I can come up with something.

Spikey hair would be better accomplished with a shader in conjunction with some modelled hair. I think that modelling spikes in his hair wouldn't look as good, and would probably increase the poly count.

I've been experimenting with the hair using a shader and I've come up with something I think will work. Here is a screenshot. keep in mind the texture and shader are still very rough, I'm just trying to get something going. I realize his hair looks more like he just woke up then spiked but if this works ok, I'll be able to refine it later.

AnakinHairExperiment

Here's another update, I basically just added more hair and refined it somewhat. I made a few minor adjustments to the face but I doubt they're very noticeable. There are some spots where you can see the faces I used for the shader but that and the color difference between the modeled and shader hair will be fixed when I finalize the shader hair texture.

NewHair2

Thanks for all the helpful feedback, keep it coming

Hmmm I would never guessed that I would see you here TBS, welcome to the Forums! Well anyway back to the topic...any idea of an release date? I would really like to use it in the second movie im making...The Jedi's Demise series. Ah I might as well make a selfish plug....You can find a Teaser Trailor of The Jedi's Demise on http://www.pcgamemods.com :D :D :D . And also if you cant tell by now I like the model...keep up the great work:p .

Archived