Home

Group money

flaknugget

I donated a whack load of cash yesterday towards the PA. But I would like to know if we have an official treasurer yet, and if so, how much is the pool up to?

BTW: Hey Murashu, don't go spending it all on fireworks and bubblegum eh.

lol

well murashu still has that money.

the money will be spend in helping our members out.

i donated a lot to people of our PA who really needed it.

so it will also go if you need it for like novice skills wich can only be taught by trainers. i currently have 10000 cause of a group hunt. and im getting the cash of Murashi 2 night.

What money? <grin>

I know the PA treasury thing has been discussed before but I think it is something we need to look at again. I think before we all go giving money up to an individual we all need to agree to EXACTLY what the money is going towards. We need a tracking system that gets updated daily so we can see how our money is being spent.

I do not like the idea of giving my money away and not knowing who is spending it and what it is being spent on. Like I said in another post I do not think I should be paying for someone else to buy a house and I cannot even afford to buy my own. If it goes towards someones training I think that is great but not for personal belongings that are not needed.

A daily statemant would be cool, something as simple as:

Beginning Balance XXX

Revenue:

Donations XXX

Hunting XXX

Items Sold XXX

------

Total XXX

Expenses:

=A= Training XXX

Maintenance XXX

Emergency Funds XXX

------

Total Expenses XXX

-----

Net Income (Loss) XXX

------

Ending Balance XXX

Well I don't know if Murashu will like this or not.

But I'm with Jatari on this. He can have my nomination for treasurer.

Doctors are supposed to be smart and responsible right. It's not like we'd want a bounty hunter or a smuggler looking after out cash.

I am an accountant in real life, and the first rule of auditing is segregation. The person in custody of the money should not make the decisions about where the money goes. It should run like this, Corzip gives all collected money to Treasurer, along with a list of approved disbursements. The treasurer then balaces the books and disburses the money to the preapproved sources. The decisions still come down to Corzip, which is fine, he is our leader, but then everybody knows. I don't think anyone has a problem donating to the PA, otherwise why are you in a PA? We just need a clearer picture of our status.

Again, just my 2 creds.

If Murashu does not want to be treasurer I would be willing to do it.

However, the real problem with whoever is treasurer is that since you can only have one bank account you need to make sure you know how much of the money is yours and how much of the money is the PA's.

If you don't want to do delivery missions that is great. I was giving the person who seems to be having a problem with money a solution to his problem. I personally would rather spend 30 minutes doing a few quick delivery missions than asking someone else who took the time to earn thier money to give it to me. But that is just me and I am old and set in my ways ;)

Originally posted by Altus_Thrawn

I did know.

Did you know I dont want to do deliver's for 30 mintutes?

But it is very easy money. Quick and painless, no danger involved.

these idea's are really fine.. but then there are the things as:

do we need taxes every week?

who will keep the books on who paid?

what are we going to do about the people who didnt pay?

on what cases do we give people credits?

How much should we donate the PA?

is the person who keeps the account trustworthy?

would he spend a it all on his personal stuff?

is it wise to apoint just one bank person?

is that person able to play the game at all after that?

i mean greg (lord helmet) was going to be a politician. so he would probably be able to do it., but he wont get the game till like august.

i have been thinking about this problem a long time....... and im no where near a solution.

do we need taxes every week? I think doing destroy missions to help fund the PA once a week would cover the costs.

who will keep the books on who paid? i think someone appointed by the people, we can setup a poll and let everyone vote on it.

what are we going to do about the people who didnt pay? this is a tough one, i have been in guilds that this was an issue, some people help and others dont. in the beginning everyone will be equal, but as time goes by the ones that help each other will know who is not helping.

on what cases do we give people credits? that is the tough one. im voting for now we only fund character training. thats where the big money sink is. once we get a master in all classes then we can spend money elsewhere.

How much should we donate the PA? instead of making donations we can do the destroy missions like we are doing now as a group. if someone cant help with destroy missions maybe have them do 2-3 delivery missions and donate the profits?

is the person who keeps the account trustworthy? thats something you will never know until you try. this is an online game and you never really know the people until you try to trust them and wait for them to prove you wrong.

would he spend a it all on his personal stuff? read above

is it wise to apoint just one bank person? is there a way to share bank access?

is that person able to play the game at all after that? i dont see why not, you can do accounting work while participating in other events.

Archived