Home

time travelling..

Ray Jones

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you could cryogenically freeze yourself with a guarantee that you'd be brought back to life in 100 years, leaving all your friends and family behind, would you do it?

Think it would depend on several factors. One of them would have to be having an illness that couldn't currently be cured.

I don't think the lure of seeing the future would be enough for me. What if society has already peaked and the future is bleak and awful?

But on the plus side, all your current real-life friends would be DEAD and you'd have the last laugh. HAHAHAHA! Like that.

It's possible that the future isn't bleak and awful. More than likely, even. I'd want to be cryogenically frozen until such time as humanity has easy access to flying cars and hoverboards, at least.

If the future looks like Detroit, I'm heading for the past. Thanks.

(If one isn't familiar with the downfall of American civilization, know that Detroit has been a slow motion dance into Armageddon for about 20 years now, and recently declared bankruptcy. There are no jobs, the infrastructure is failing, most of downtown is boarded up and it is dangerous just walking the streets in broad daylight.)

Now, what the Matrix had to say about AI...

That would be another matter. :max:

I'd move to Wales if I was you.

Oregon is NOTHING like Detroit. ;) Here we have forested mountains, wild elk and unknown parts where white man has not yet set foot. Big Foot lives here, they say.

I stay well away from cities like Detroit. Although I do live in the rough part of town here in the little city of Medford, when one hears gunshots in the night...it usually means someone has a possum in the yard.

Archived