Home

The New Battle System Is Here!

Boba Rhett

As some of you have aready noticed, the new battle system is up and running! If you haven't noticed, check out the top of the Main Page It's great fun and I highly suggest that everyone try it out.

Here's are some tips to get yourself up and battling in no time.

Firstly, take a glance at this Intro and follow the instructions shown there on Setting Up Your Character. You probably should also read through some more of it. ;)

You can go Here, where you can create a new battle or join one that you already have going. From there you can also view the current battles.

You may put your winnings in the

bank. You'll earn 10% a day by keeping your money there.

After battles, if you have the money, make sure and Heal yourself.

Everyone starts out fighting with their fists. You need to save up money to buy weapons and such.

If you have any questions (I'm sure) feel free to ask. :rhett:

Originally posted by Young David

Okay ... tip for you.

Don't challange Rhett in your first battle ... He'll win and leave you dead.

The system is not wholly clear to me yet ... We''l see.

First ... breakfast!

Yeah right I just beat the living heck out of Rhett. :xp:

Originally posted by Young David

Okay ... tip for you.

Don't challange Rhett in your first battle ... He'll win and leave you dead.

I'll drink to that! I even titled the Fight, "Friendly Sparring Between Friends" and instead of calling a draw, Rhett killed me. My first fight and he KILLED me. ;)

Talk about a sink or swim method of learning the new Battle system! :D

It looks like it could alot of fun, but I have some issues with it thus far.

For example, any good RPG always allows for a certain amout of randomness. Whether computer calculated or the roll of the dice, there's always the chance the little guy could win.

So far, the actual battle is REALLY cut and dry. For example: (These numbers are abitrary, not representative of actual numbers)

If Person A has an attack of 20 and Person B has a defense of 10, then there is a set amount of damage Person A will deal Person B if he successfully hits him. And vicec versa. Person B has an attack of 15 and Person A has a defense of 10.

In other words, Person A will always deal Person B 10 points of damage every hit and Person B will deal Person A 5 points of damage until Someone wins. There is no range of possible amounts of damage like 7-13 points. So immediately after the first round it's really apparant who will be the victor. Unless of course Person A starts missing frequently.

It's always important to have that "unknown" factor of randomness.

With ranges of damage and a little randomness, the odds will always still favor Person A in the above scenario but Person B would still have a slim chance of victory. For example:

1st round: Person A would attack and deal 7 points of damage then Person B would deal 8 points of damage

2nd round: Person A deals 10 points of damage and Person B deals 7 points of damage

3rd round: Person A deals 8 points of damage and Person B deals 8 points of damage

4th round: Person A deals 13 points of damage and Person B deals 2 points of damage.

The randomness within ranges keeps us on our toes and keeps an element of suprise. It makes battles closer and a little less unpredictable. Which in an RPG makes for a little more fun.

Also, I forsee a lot of very powerful Characters and only a few weaker characters, severly limiting who the weaker characters can successfully or at least similarly challenge, then coupled with the fact that the weaker characters are weaker more than likely because they are seldom on the forums, making it even harder to get a battle going among the weaker characters. It really caters to the forummer without a life... :p

Yeah ... whatever he said. I want some luck factor!!! (like the minesweepergame i just won ... pure luck)

I'm still not sure if the battlesystem is gonna work like it is now ... need to be tweaked ... but it needs to be tested to.

So, let's rumble....

Mewhohahahahaha! :D*pats his blasting spell*

Yeah, it does need more randomness. It has little right now; you can miss sometimes, but it sure would be awesome the way you described, Havoc.

And I can't help killing people. It's an addiction. :D ... but I feel bad so here, Havoc. *rhett does something*

OK this game...is...not good...first of all healing should NOT cost money, period. This game can accurately be described as a "Die, spam to heal, die, spam to heal, rinse, repeat" system, rather than a Battle System...

OK first of all you should probably make the posts worth a LOT more money, 6 posts a day is a healthy rate, I'm sure everyone agrees, but at that rate it currently would take me 6 days to heal. I don't think so...

OK here's my idea...it's actually off another game I used to play, but it'd work well here...the healing center should be free, but not constant, every hour you can use it, and the ammount healed is random, maybe a quarter, maybe a third, maybe a half, maybe two thirds, or maybe even fully healed, I think that would REALLY help, I mean they you could actually play a bunch of battles a day without worry of losing all your HP. I dunno, I think that'd work QUITE well...

OK I'm done ranting...I think...oh ya, and I fully agree with Havoc!

Ok I just noticed every one of my paragraphs starts with OK, including this one...

OK now I'm done...

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

It's up and down in speed for me.

And I agree with Havic and Dash. I have 0 money so if the admin that kicked my ass didn't heal me, I'd be in bantha poodoo.

it's HavOc ;)

You get money posting anyway. I wish Rhett *eh hem* would heal me tho...

The official DashRendar Game Rating System's Rating Iiiiiiiis:

Thumbs Down, but could be thumbs up if improvements are made.

Originally posted by STTCT

I'd like it more if it would refresh itself when someone made a move....when someone challenges me I'd like it to pop up like a pm. I'd like a lot of things

I agree with the challenge=PM thing, but that can easily be solved if everyone just sent PMs before they challenge, also I dunno about you but I know my browser refreshed once without me touching a thing and my partner had moved at that moment, too, but maybe it's just an automatic thing that happened to be right on at that moment...

Thank you, Dash. It is, indeed, HavOc! ;)

Now, confirm the battle challenge I gave you, Dash. :p

I do like the idea of an auto refresh/ pop-up when a move is made. That is a good idea.

At this point, I would just like the forums to be more stable with the battle Hack running. :mad:

I also think it needs more work. It is a little to simple, and some of the names need to be changed. Example Chain plate armor. That annoys me.

Of course if you talking about armor I would actually want to see reference to real armor (ex. Guantlets, greeves ect.)

the forums suck right now - ahh - its okay - growing pains

Anyways yes....less final fantasy and more LF stuff. But we can't have it all. I'd like to play someone but I'm stuck in a battle. Zbomber's comp messed up or something. Or it hung up on his end and now I can't play!

Archived