Home

RANT!! Please read.

Dagobahn Eagle

Yep, yet another rant.

Two days ago, I bought Star Wars: Galaxies. Great game, except it won't work. First, it said I had too little RAM, so I had to purchase more. Then, it figured out that it wanted to believe that my prcoessor rate was at 0 MHz. This led to some anger and general use of obcsene language at SWG and computers in general, followed by more annoyance when I fixed the problem and the Eagle-hating program felt like, quote, "maybe requiring a stronger video card" and still refusing to run.

Next, I go off to play the test-campaign I've launched to debug Star Wars: Dawning. Everything goes nice for the first two turns, then I managed to delete the ship library file! So basically, that's 45 pages of 100+ ships, stations, and other gizmos down the drain, leaving me stuck with a backup copy (bless those) from May. And I've gotten a lot of work done since May too! Grrr.

Then there's the stupid Conservative christian fanatics sketching an amendment that says that the state decides who you can marry. No same-gender marriage, as that will land you in Hell:rolleyes:.

So, with that out of my system, I'll go back to work on bringing the ship library up to date.

Originally posted by Lil Killa

So what may I ask is the purpose of this thread? To rant about life's problems?

Why not? I think some people are becomming to uptight as to what is and is not accepted here in the swamp. I see this place as a channel for people to open up.

Or perhaps I've got the wrong idea?

Originally posted by The Truthful Liar

Why not? I think some people are becomming to uptight as to what is and is not accepted here in the swamp. I see this place as a channel for people to open up.

Or perhaps I've got the wrong idea?

Well I was just curious as to what it was for:rolleyes:

Well since we can rant here I guess I will:D

Ever since the battle thing started I have had 2 or 3 ppl run away from batle and it's pissing me off. I mean why start the battle if your gonna run from it?!?!

Also my comp has been screwed lately and I can't fix it cause my dad won't instal the stupid stuff he has to for me to fix it so I have to play all my games on the other comps in the house.

Where is everyone on this forum? I mean I see like 10 people that are browsing the forum but no one is posting but yet there is a million things to post on.

When we heal and the money comes from the bank does the 24 hour intrst clock start over? This is a question everyone asks yet no one seems to have the answer to. If the clock does start over whenever u make a transaction like the intro says than that would mean every time u won a battle with a wager or lost a battle with a wager or healed yourself than the clock starts over and therefore defeates the whole purpose of having a bank, or having the battle system:mad: I mean why can't the intrest just happen and not have a clock? Why can't it be so when i put money in little by little every day and have that finnal amount have 10% added at the end of the day?

I have a head ach now...... does anyone want to battle?

Originally posted by access_flux

everyone is allowed to have a rant sometimes :D :D:D

sometimes it's therapeutic to let it all out in some fashion.

honestly, did his creation of this thread kill anyone or insult their intelligence or deeply offend anyone? i doubt it. what's the harm?

since we're venting our frustrations here... my F'N wipers just died in the rain and i thought i was going to crash my car on the way home from the train tonight... THAT sucked! i couldnt see sh*t and i was VERY afraid i may crash... so i kept pulling over. when they'd start up again i started driving again. sucked arse i tells ya! sucked arse!

Originally posted by pbguy1211

sometimes it's therapeutic to let it all out in some fashion.

honestly, did his creation of this thread kill anyone or insult their intelligence or deeply offend anyone? i doubt it. what's the harm?

I did actually feel better after my rant:D

Originally posted by Lil Killa

Also my comp has been screwed lately and I can't fix it cause my dad won't instal the stupid stuff he has to for me to fix it so I have to play all my games on the other comps in the house.

Nothing about you .. BUT .. you actually have a computer and NEED your DAD to fix it.. ?? hmm. i though it's almost otherwise around YOUR dad gets HIS computer fixed by YOU ..

ehem ehem. GO AND LEARN. :D :D :D

Originally posted by RayJones

Nothing about you .. BUT .. you actually have a computer and NEED your DAD to fix it.. ?? hmm. i though it's almost otherwise around YOUR dad gets HIS computer fixed by YOU ..

ehem ehem. GO AND LEARN. :D :D :D

He has some softwar that HE has to instal. only he can do it cause of passwords and stuff that I'm not supposed to know about......

I wish I could just format my comp which is what will happen if this softwar doesn't work:D I might go ahead and repartition cause i don't like my current drive layout......

lilkilla:

nah. MY COMPU .. my PW .. I PAYED for it.. so ..

.. i remember i never had my computer closed .. actually it never ran without my fingers anywhere on the mainboard..

:rolleyes:

tip: format it anyway .. :D :D .. it will keep you up to date with system work processes...

OR just install a second OS ..

OR shoot me ..

OR .. just listen to your dad..

Originally posted by InsaneSith

would you volunteer to let me beat you up with a foam bat?:p

Sure! Not like it would hurt ;) Unless you were like Dr. Marvin Monroe and had metal pipes on the inside of the foam (old Simpson's reference).

BTW, I love your title! :D

Originally posted by pbguy1211

Sure! Not like it would hurt ;) Unless you were like Dr. Marvin Monroe and had metal pipes on the inside of the foam (old Simpson's reference).

i love that episode.

anyways,*thinks of a rant that people will care about*

I hate that people (namely adults) do things then tell kids not to do the same. Bloody hypocrits make me pissed off

Originally posted by InsaneSith

I hate that people (namely adults) do things then tell kids not to do the same.

yeah .. those ADULTs give a good role model...

for me it's those people who have a martini in one hand then a cigarette in the other. Then they stand before you saying: "Doing drugs is stupid.. I never would do this." ..

one time a friend of mine got beaten up from his father because he came home and YES he had smoked a cigarette .. (i think he was like 13 and he 'tested' it with friends.. ) the funny thing is.. after that his dad went to the balcony .. and now guess what he did then ..

ARRRRGGHHH!!!!!!

Archived