Home

Honor and jedi academy?

Tarus

What about private messaging then huh? And you're honestly telling me, if someone is in the corner of the room sitting down, saber off, and chat box out (obviously trying to not be noticed for some reason) you will go OUT of your way in the middle of an FFA to kill him?

I'm trying to understand why you have to kill people who are defenseless. Does it make you feel better to get free kills? If you're as good as I'm sure many of you think you are, can't you get kills by fighting people fairly? I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. Why not show what a great dueler you are by being patient, bowing, etc. instead of just running around laming like a noob.

Also, no need for the insults guys. Again, there's no way the game is "intended" to be played. The chatbox is there for a reason, to show you that someone is not ready to fight. I'm sure Raven intended for you not to kill defenseless people, or that wouldn't have been added.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by HertogJan

Dude, the chat symbol isn't only for chat!! It's also when you're changing your config, happens all the time. And why shouldn't people be able to chat safely? Say I wanted to join a clan, so I want to ask someone if I can join. Or I want to know how to do a move....

They didn't incorporate chat (and the chat symbol) for nothing! You could at leats show a little respect for the ppl who need to say something, or change their config. If they don't react for like 15 seconds you can kill them, but allways warn them or something.

And you whole post is very negative and agressive. The ONLY objective is to score points, pfff, get a life, you can own the server and NOT be a jerk at the same time you know :rolleyes: People have these habits, but don't just flame someone to death because they happen to bow, it makes you as bad as all the RPers :rolleyes:

Yeah, I remember why Raven threw in the chat symbol, it was along the lines of "OMFG! Ppl r chatkillin! This goes agaist my code! pplz lievs r @ steak!!one11!" that commenced on these boards. It was at that expense, not because Raven thought gratuitously.

If a person was changing his configs, either he should be dead and changing them then, or find perhaps the spot most travelled by and change them there. You don't stop in Counter-Strike, bring down console, change your complete configuration, and bitch when you get shot, now do you? You better not, or I will be sure to do it again.

What about private messaging then huh? And you're honestly telling me, if someone is in the corner of the room sitting down, saber off, and chat box out (obviously trying to not be noticed for some reason) you will go OUT of your way in the middle of an FFA to kill him?

If you're emoting in the middle of an FFA, I know enough about emotes to beat the living hell out of you. A defenseless kill is a defenseless kill.

I don't go out of my way to look for chatting/people in corners to kill.

But I don't go out of my way to avoid them either.

If I'm playing and you are in my way, I'm going to kill you.

I don't care if you are afk, chatting or picking your ass, if I'm in a fight; anything within reach is going to die.

#1 you get in my way and make it a pain in the ass to concentrate on the 3-4 guys flying at me with sabers aimed at my head when I try to evade and I have a pack of solid objects I keep bumping into.

#2 I've learned one too many times that 99.9% of the time that guy w/ the chat box or saber down will attack you from behind the second he thinks you are not paying attention.

Want to watch?

Esc > spec mode works quite well.

And as for this crap:

If you're as good as I'm sure many of you think you are, can't you get kills by fighting people fairly? I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from. Why not show what a great dueler you are by being patient, bowing, etc. instead of just running around laming like a noob.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the *best players in this game since day one, have not given a damn about these stupid little rules.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that I have never met one good or hell, even semi good player who followed that saber off = peace/ no chat kill garbage.

I'm going to make a (not so) bold statement here:

If you follow the saber off = peace nonsense, you are a noob.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can come to one of the 3 servers listed below or pm me for a match and prove me wrong.

What's ironic is that RPG'ers (no one here; the one's that go to FFA servers, say "stop gripkicking that's lame" and repeatedly spam LAMER!!!!) talk about bowing as honour and "respect." Yt, they go to other people's servers and do not respect what the people there are doing. They DEMAND, not ask, for No Force duels. They whine and compain about kickers. (Forgive my stereotyping, but...)

What would be nice is if the RPG'ers an the people who DUEL on FFA servers would label clearly their server; [clanname] Duel Server, [playername] RPG Server. The other servers could label them selves; [name] FFA Server. Those Duel/RPG servers could use mods to post rules when you spawn, to say "Duelzz only/no kicking/whatever." And we could all respect the other side's Gameplay and LEAVE EACH OTHER ALONE. Honestly, why a hardcore gamer must come to an RPG server and try to really fight, I don't knoe. IT WON'T WORK!

I feel like the people who pleaded for compromise in the US before the Civil War. Futilely begging to keep the community together. :p

Originally posted by boinga1

What's ironic is that RPG'ers (no one here; the one's that go to FFA servers, say "stop gripkicking that's lame" and repeatedly spam LAMER!!!!) talk about bowing as honour and "respect." Yt, they go to other people's servers and do not respect what the people there are doing. They DEMAND, not ask, for No Force duels. They whine and compain about kickers. (Forgive my stereotyping, but...)

exactly.

the thing is, we hardcore gamers types *don't go onto rpg servers and try to force people to play.

oh sure some frisky newbies may stumble on them now and then but the serious "I just want to kill ****" types avoid them like the plague.

Why?

No one is there to play and hence there will be no competition, so no point in even going there.

But the saber off! noobs spread out like a disease and infect any server they go to.

Thing is, bowing doesn't mean your roleplaying. Bowing to your enemy is some type of japanese thing or something, not a jedi thing. A dark jedi, for instance, wouldn't bow...he'd slash you in half in the quickest easiest way and then laugh at you.

Even a light jedi wouldn't necessarily bow.

Originally posted by Tarus

Thing is, bowing doesn't mean your roleplaying. Bowing to your enemy is some type of japanese thing or something, not a jedi thing. A dark jedi, for instance, wouldn't bow...he'd slash you in half in the quickest easiest way and then laugh at you.

Even a light jedi wouldn't necessarily bow.

Oh my, someone applied some true Star Wars logic... It's THE END OF THE WORLD!

I don't think it's a coincidence that the *best players in this game since day one, have not given a damn about these stupid little rules.

Haha, now that's not an opinion is it? Because I have some fellow "honor code freaks" who would beg to differ, including myself.

I also don't think it's a coincidence that I have never met one good or hell, even semi good player who followed that saber off = peace/ no chat kill garbage.

I'm sure you're being honest, but watch this, I can do the same thing... here goes.

I also think it's a coincidence that I have never met one good or hell, semi good player who (here's the tricky part) followed that noobish attack defenseless players garbage. (Oh! I think I did it!)

If you follow the saber off = peace nonsense, you are a noob.

Hmm, again watch me...

If you follow the attack people who have no chance of putting up a fight nonsense, instead of having duels a match of skills, you are a noob.

Anyone who thinks otherwise can come to one of the 3 servers listed below or pm me for a match and prove me wrong.

Hmm, sounds like a plan.

Oh well, so much for changing my perspective on this. After seeing how ignorant some people are about this, shows something about them, and I can tell that's why they play the way they do. One last question:

When you see a noob playing for the first time (it's pretty obvious), what do they do? Hmm, pretty similiar to what you non-honor people do huh? Just run around swinging at whatever moves right? Makes you look reaaaaaaaal skillful, doesn't it.

. . .

Doesn't it?

Originally posted by GC256

Oh well, so much for changing my perspective on this. After seeing how ignorant some people are about this, shows something about them, and I can tell that's why they play the way they do. One last question:

When you see a noob playing for the first time (it's pretty obvious), what do they do? Hmm, pretty similiar to what you non-honor people do huh? Just run around swinging at whatever moves right? Makes you look reaaaaaaaal skillful, doesn't it.

. . .

Doesn't it?

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me, which mysteriously revolves around to you again.

When a newbie asks for help, I'll gladly give it to him, but there is an obscure difference between newbie and fanboi, something which not only do you a.) fail to identify, but b.) fail to understand.

I'm on right now and so are you, let's set a time and date.

I'll even go a step further, if you don't think you can take me go find the *best saber off!/honor player you can find to represent your ideals.

I will bury you or anyone you bring 10-0 flat.

Arrogant?

Nope, I am that damn good.

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me, which mysteriously revolves around to you again.

When a newbie asks for help, I'll gladly give it to him, but there is an obscure difference between newbie and fanboi, something which not only do you a.) fail to identify, but b.) fail to understand.

Ouch. That one got me real deep. Hold on while I go cry in my little corner.

Using sarcasm now, are we? You see, I happen to be an idiot when it comes to sarcasm... /sarcasm

I don't know who is more arrogant, uj like you so claim, or yourself.

So please, instead of coming in here and cocking off like you have a constructive comment to make yet gets shot down faster then the Bismarck, shut up.

I'm on right now and so are you, let's set a time and date.

I'll even go a step further, if you don't think you can take me go find the *best saber off!/honor player you can find to represent your ideals.

I will bury you or anyone you bring 10-0 flat.

Arrogant?

Nope, I am that damn good. [/Quote]

Wow, someone is a little full of him/herself (NOT trying to offend, just making sure). I like to let my saber do the talking, thank you very much.

I'm not insulting, I'm just being defensive, which I have the right to be. You are the one insulting ME, when were you ever involved with this, at all? If you thought I was mentioning you in any of my posts (besides the one where I was actually replying to your nice little comment), I apologize.

Wow, again with the insults huh? When did I ever say I was a pro. Mr. Arrogant here started it with him saying how great he was. Read the previous posts and I'm sure you'll agree. I accept your apology in advance. Thanks a lot. This is my last post on this, and I won't be coming back to it (which I'm sure will get you two quite upset), so don't bother posting.

EDIT: Spelling.

Wow, someone is a little full of him/herself (NOT trying to offend, just making sure). I like to let my saber do the talking, thank you very much.

well considering that I have not only an undefeated ladder/league record, but I’ve never had an opponent score over *4 kills (in league play it’s first player to hit 10 wins, being a full map rotation) I am more than confident in my ability to back up what I talk.

no one is upset, I know I'm not.

Thing is guy, people like Rad and myself catch more bull**** than you could ever imagine from people simply because we *play the game instead of running around pretending to be Jedi.

When people constantly insult us/vote us off servers or try to insinuate that we "are lamers and have no skill" we are very quick to prove to those people just how skilled we really are.

Wow, again with the insults huh? When did I ever say I was a pro. Mr. Arrogant here started it with him saying how great he was. Read the previous posts and I'm sure you'll agree. I accept your apology in advance. Thanks a lot. This is my last post on this, and I won't be coming back to it (which I'm sure will get you two quite upset), so don't bother posting.

EDIT: Spelling.

Don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Dudes! Peace out, dawgs! [/70s]

No need for a flame war here. We've got two very different types of players here, both with ideas that need to be respected. However, most of their ideas do not need to be respected! :p[/joke]

Seriously, just calm down. Deeeeeeep breaths. This is a discussion about the appearance of polygons on a computer screen (bowing or not). This is nor a war between Russia and the United States. Most people do not care if you are "L33T" or not, as long as you contribute positive criticism and affirmation to the discussion.

Some people don't seem to get this:

Just because you don't abide by Jedi Honourz Code #366400, it doesn't mean that you have to act like a jerk online.

That's two completely different things.

BTW - I find it highly amusing that saber off = peace-people call others "noob". Oh the irony! :)

It's exactly as UJ put it: if you live by these silly honour codes, YOU are a noob. Plain and simple.

Think about it for a second - who came up with these codes and why? No-one bows in the movies, so it can't be "Star Wars". Sith are evil, so it would be much more Star Warsy to play cheap.

Star Wars has nothing to do with it.

This is a FPS. A game where you the point is to KILL the opponent. "Defeat you enemies to score points" it says every time you log on to a FFA. That's the game: 1) defeat enemies in order to 2) score points.

Where did this BS come from? It's surely not the game (=Kill, score points.)

It's the *players* who screwed things up. But what kind of players? Who are the people who think certain moves are lame? Who are the people who generally think force is lame but still log on to full force servers? Who are the people who think JO is a virtual chatroom and get pissed off if their jedi dies? Who is stupid enough to kick-vote others off the server for not acting according to *their* Honour Code?

The stupidity of it all is quite puzzling. Are all these people 10 years old or just retarded?

These people can not take losing. They're bad sports. "Honour" is a big fat excuse they use because they can't handle losing. They can't accept that the opponent is simply better. Therefore the winner is always a "cheap lamer with no skill".

Hmm.. I'll rant on later.

What I think is the worst about this discussion, is that both sides call each other n00bs :rolleyes: You know what a n00b is?? A newbie, someone who doesn't know how to do this and that, who asks "stupid" questions about various things in the game and who usually has a pretty bad score...

If someone knows how to /amsit and how to bind "LAMER!!!111" to a key, he is certainly NOT A N00B!! He might be annoying, arrogant, ignorant, disrespectfull; whatever, but not a n00b...

There are several different kinds of RPers, and I believe some of them DO want to have a good fight, it's just that they enjoy the things they do before and after the fight too... Is that really bad? No!

UNLESS you enforce those rules on a normal FFA server, that's vewy vewy bad, I agree with that. But all you "Anti-RPers" out there, you can't make me believe that you don't go on RP servers too, slashing everyone just because it makes you feel great :rolleyes:

Oh and for the record; I'm not a roleplayer, I 'nod' before a fight if they bow, that's it... But I think anti-RPing sentiments here are as bad as RPers...

Archived