Home

More character options?

Prime

The character design is certainly a nice feature. Do we know for sure whether there are going to be even more options for clothes and heads, or are the ones in the demo all there is going to be in the full version?

Also, has anyone tried replacing Jaden with an old JO skin? What is the player directory?

all the costumes and heads seem to be part of on model, with different switchable surfaces. So every character type has one model file(.glm). I've opened the human male in modview and it doesn't look like there are any surfaces that are not selectable in the demo.

There is a skin file for a hoth model, which we've seen in the screenshots. I'm not sure if this is part of the model or if this is a seperate model file.

My point is that I doubt that Raven would recompile the model files with less surfaces just for the demo, so I don't think there will be more head models or other model attributes. Ofcourse it might be possible to add surfaces in a separate model file. IF that is possible the customisation options will be endless. Modellers can just add heads or bodies by making them in a seperate file.

I am hoping for some more skins though. Considering most model surfaces only have one skin file, that's probably the area where it's possible to expand the options a bit. And probably the easiest as well.

Personally, I am CERTAIN that we will see more customisation options, for one I've seen heads and outfits and the likes in magazines which weren't in the demo. So they're took them out I'm sure. And I'm fine with that, otherwise they would've given us the entire cake already when it comes to creating characters.

That and also the concept art on the official site hints at more possibilities, for example this.

4.jpg

So anyway, I'm quite sure we haven't seen everything yet in teh character creation department.

Originally posted by Kidso

Yeah and also the fact that Raven stated there would be about 2000 possible combinations.

Also said it would be rare to see someone on line that looked exactly like you.

I had forgotten about that. Thanks (and thanks for the pic Pedro The Hutt) :)

well im pretty sure that they will have a few more customization choices in the final release, just look over to the right side of this page and see the Jedi Academy banner ("Are you ready to go back to school?). It seems that that model standing in front of Luke has black hair (not avalible in the demo), and has a torso that wasnt available in the demo also.

if u would like to see the full pic just take a look here:

Luke Talks To Some Jedi Students

Sorry guys, stop your dreaming...

This "thousands of possible combinations" is just the sort of advertising fluff that companies love to underline and repeat. Of course, it doesn't seem like there would be thousands of combinations at first, but look at it this way: First, you've got all the species, the various combinations of their heads, torsos, and legs, and THEN you've got to calculate the various color combinations you can have. Use your calculus to find how how many differet character combinations that makes, and I bet you're pretty close to that 2000 mark.

Yeah raven said somebody probably wouldn't look exactly like you, but they didn't say they wouldn't look reallly similar.

Im sure Raven would have thought to alow modders to creat new body parts. For one thing ultimatly its the same principle as making skins and models before, just broken up.

When you unziped a skin in outcast, the face image was seperate to the texture of the shoes. So with the customiser you are picking a combination of skin parts to make a whole one. The bits that are colour customisable are probably blue or red in the file and can be changed by the game.

If nothing else, you can probably change the ones that are already in there.

Anyone can be a pessimist it takes somone with an actual positive outlook on life to be an optomist, my glass is half full how about yours, if it isnt you better fill that ****er up!!!!!

Oh and I don't think the skin combos in the demo even come close to 2000 dude and I don't need my Cal to figure that out.

Actually Dr. Hawkeye is more than correct...and you really should try and calc it for yourself.

Here are the options in the demo...

Twi'lek Female

6 colours

8 heads

6 torsos

4 legs

That adds up to 1152 possible combinations - just multiply them together. 6 x 8 x 6 x 4 = 1152

Human female

9 colours

3 heads

6 torsos

4 legs

That adds up to 648 combinations.

Zabrak Female - the same as the human female

Rodian Male - the same as the Zabrak

Human Male

9 colours

3 heads

7 torsos

4 legs

That makes 756 combinations

Kel'Dor Male - same as Zabrak/Rodian etc.

I haven't bothered looking at the actual torsos or legs to see which ones are duplicated...but you can pretty obviously see there are far more than 2000 combinations with what is available in the demo alone.

Valid your probly right, but lets think about this now, I am not going to think that being a different color is going to count as looking different from somone else, im talking actual clothing here. Thing is you might think they would all be equal as well and right now it isnt. Some characters have more heads then others and clothing then others so that leads me to suspect more also.

It doesn't matter anyway skinners/modders are going to go wild with this game and make tons of different clothing so its all good. I just wouldn't say that thats it because I think theres gonna be more.

just remember one thing .... you are talking about the GAME charectors that u get with it .... im sure the modelling and skinning community are not gonna sit back and leave just those skins ...

plus u can upload the jo skins into academy so 2000 + everything thats on all the jo sites +all the new skins/models that will be realeased after = ouuuuu yeah :D

Archived