Home

Windows Updates

Darth Groovy

Do Windows XP updates annoy you?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Do Windows XP updates annoy you?

• Yes they annoy me very much, bring me the axe!
    • No they do not annoy me, I think they are very fun.
    • Yoda baby, Yoda!

Ok before I go off on one of my rants, I have to say that Windows XP Pro is probably the best Microschmuck OS I have used thus far. I also understand the need for the periodic updates. However, why is it, that somehow the updates always come at the most inconvenient times? I always seem to get them when I am publishing online, or trying to print off a school paper when I am pressed for time, or even getting that annoying update message in the middle of a DVD on my laptop! Feel free to vent away, or tell me how stupid I am for complaining. The choice is yours! ;)

They are very annoying! It always starts when you do something "important".

And it seems to me like it has started to come even more often now than before, bu maybe it's just me.

But I have something that is even worse;

I dunno if anyone else has encountered this "bug", But about every 10 minutes, Netscape starts. You close it, and then it starts again in a few minutes! And when I play computer games, the whole game starts to lag! Then I have to quit the game, and close it. Luckily there is a sulotion, to always have netscape running. but if I forget to start it and starts a game, the computer stars to lag...

Well, yes, they can come at inconvinient times, but my firewall annoys me more. :p

I don't really mind them really, they've fixed some problems I've had with some of my games and... darnit, I just got a windows update (seriously)... anyway they've helped me out on several occasions, so I'm cool if they want to bother me. ;):cool:

*Forgive me for referring to the updates and "they". :rolleyes:

I use 98, have not found a reson to upgrade yet...I am kinda liking 98 though espically when all thepeople with XP had the virus thing.

In my opinion...if it works great why waste 125 dollars for xp.

If its not broken why fix it...I havent updated anything except drivers.

Originally posted by Lil Killa

I say Yoda!

I have 98 (yheah go ahead and cough al u want 98 is still cool:D )so I dunno what your talking about but it sounds annoying. I have a virus scan thing that starts scans while i'm in games so that it crashes my comp:(

you not know how to turn it off?

Archived