Home

ANOTHER jk3 demo bug (clipping)

anonymous4

Originally posted by TiBo

I didnt notice, its just a small clipping issue, it happens all the time in games. Jeez, dont beat yourself up about it.

ur a novice at gaming arent u? if u have been playing games the whole life like me, u would expect a perfect game. like one with no clipping errors.

u pathetic n00b.

Originally posted by anonymous4

ur a novice at gaming arent u? if u have been playing games the whole life like me, u would expect a perfect game. like one with no clipping errors.

u pathetic n00b.

You shouldn't expect perfection from anything.

u pathetic n00b.

uh....... Clipping issue, man, calm down. Happens all the time in games, also not noticing or caring has nothing to do with being a noob... or calling someone a noob as an insult like you did.

Lets try and keep the discussion civil, shall we?

And just an FYI...this topic has already been dicussed in other threads. Clipping problems are unfortunately inherent in the Q3 engine - and Raven have done their best to try and fix it this time around. Even so...there are still some clipping issues, but I'm pretty sure they can't fix them all, or they would have done so.

Anyway...there's no need to insult other members here. :tsk:

u pathetic n00b.

Actually, it sounds like you are the relative newb to gaming. The above is spoken like someone who hasn't grown up in the early gaming era where characters where made up of about 16 pixels and everything was in 2D. You actually had to use your imagination. You would also know that you can never expect the perfect game. In something as complex as JA you will always have little glitches and clipping errors, and these minor things are not worth getting in a tizzy about.

And flaming someone for saying "take it easy" makes you come off as some immature teenager. Relax and be happy to be able to play a great game like JA :)

there are perfect games out there?

well ill be damned!

my idea of a perfect game is one thats fun

and if this one is even better than the last then thats all the perfection i need

i dont know why you had to to say that to TiBo either

just cause ppl dont agree with you doesnt mean you should insult them like that...cause youd have ALOT of insulting to do

u pathetic n00b.

Your whole life? Those most be some mad skills you had as a two year old.

...of course, now that you're 11 they've probably improved a great deal. Of course, that's mean of me. Probably you're just a teenager like previously guessed. Its ok, you'll grow out of it.

Yeah, you're not alone. I noticed it the first time I closed down the staff. After sewing my arm back on, I found the following work-around:

Shut off the bottom half of the saber first (saber stance button), then close the top (saber select button). And there ya go. No clipping.

You could probably script a bind to do it for you, too. I've gotten so used to it, it's second nature to me.

So if you're REALLY bothered by it that much, use this technique until a mod is done for the full version of the game.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Lets try and keep the discussion civil, shall we?

Anyway...there's no need to insult other members here. :tsk:

A little too late for that, wouldnt you say StormHammer?

Anyways, as for the topic. No I havent noticed that, but then again, I hardly use the saberstaff so its of no real concern here. But starting to get mad over it, just isnt worth it. All games comes with small glitches, clipping errors etc, and they tend to get fixed in future patches or mods. Lets hope that we dont get overbombed by mods and stuff for JA. It became to much last time :(.

-Clemme

Methinks this clipping issue will not be in MP... At least if they use the "animation" from JO when you extinguish your saber. Or just turn it off when you use it in medium stance like Wes (and a whole lot more before him :p ) suggested.

Geez, you should try playing J-Bird or Sopwith or some other old eraly 90's/late 80's game, divide the pixel number by 10 and you get a game with which many older (well, relatively anyway) grew up with.

Hey! Don't get pissed! I'm only fifteen and [Manuel] I know nooothing [/Manuel] :p

Its not that they dont care because they do, its just VERY VERY hard to make a game without having clipping issues. Its like trying to make a game in which any computer made after 1999 could run.. Its nearly impossible to do. There are just soo many factors, plus the timetable that was given to Raven, which still impresses me on how much they got into the game according to the previews/reviews/interviews and screenshots, and with the demo as first-hand experience to show off just the tip of the iceberg of what Raven has accomplished.

Originally posted by Thazac

Geez, you should try playing J-Bird or Sopwith or some other old eraly 90's/late 80's game, divide the pixel number by 10 and you get a game with which many older (well, relatively anyway) grew up with.

DUDE!

Sopwith kicked ass! :D lol

there ya go anonymous4...go play Sopwith...there are no clipping issues that i remember PLUS its so realistic that if you fly upside down and drop a bomb you blow yourself up!

you need not worry yourself with JA anymore :p

Archived