Home

Nerfed Tenloss - WHY?

Jeff 42

You are quick to judge, and believe you are absolute and always correct.
Silly people who wish to attack me always say nonsense like this.

You'll note that I don't post in most of threads on this board, if not 98% or more. The small percentage of threads I get involved in, are the ones which I feel strongly about. So of course I believe I'm correct, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting around here arguing my case now, would I.

YOU believe you're correct, apparently. I suppose that makes you an arrogant and bad person. One of us is deluded and hypocritical, and it isn't me.

As if some being of yours is higher then all others and can give truth to the true resolution.
This makes no sense. Are you a scientologist or something? :confused:

Although you have a strong standpoint, you fail to see the POTENTIALLY positive standpoints of others.
Heh heh. The only positive outcome of the requests of the NG CTFers is that NG CTF might be more fun for them. The NEGATIVE outcomes are many and varied. They can't endanger the whole future of JA just to ressurect a game mode they happened to like in the previous game.

And what a load of stock claptrap to be honest. If I thought these people's argument was largely positive, I'd be supporting them OF COURSE. I don't go around arguing with people I agree with. I'm glad you think my standpoint is strong, though.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Spider AL

Quite so cheeto101, Kurgan.

Rumor:

He didn't say I was being totally civil. Just pretty civil considering all the rot you've been posting, insulting, presumably just to try to get a rise out of me. Frankly I'm shocked at my OWN self-control. Woot. :D

eloquence should not be mistaken for being civil.

Silly people who wish to attack me always say nonsense like this.

You'll note that I don't post in most of threads on this board, if not 98% or more. The small percentage of threads I get involved in, are the ones which I feel strongly about. So of course I believe I'm correct, otherwise I wouldn't be sitting around here arguing my case now, would I.

YOU believe you're correct, apparently. I suppose that makes you an arrogant and bad person. One of us is deluded and hypocritical, and it isn't me.

This makes no sense. Are you a scientologist or something? :confused:

Heh heh. The only positive outcome of the requests of the NG CTFers is that NG CTF might be more fun for them. The NEGATIVE outcomes are many and varied. They can't endanger the whole future of JA just to ressurect a game mode they happened to like in the previous game.

And what a load of stock claptrap to be honest. If I thought these people's argument was largely positive, I'd be supporting them OF COURSE. I don't go around arguing with people I agree with. I'm glad you think my standpoint is strong, though.

yet again you only think about yourself. seeing as the competitive clans talked together about the best solution that would not damage other gametypes and the ability to toggle the kicks, etc., came out as the best option. you claim we didn't think about anyone but ourselves, but it is infact you that is doing such.

and six months? are you insane? there won't be anyone even remotely interested by then. and you say we are stupid and ignorant and don't think of the consequences? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kurgan

Well I tested it out and I honestly couldn't see this "nerfing."

I fire a fully charged shot and then immediately switch out and I can leap around with my saber just like in JK2.

The only time I noticed anything close to a delay was in Siege Mode, when playing as a Mercenary Scout (who starts with the Disruptor). However even then it didn't seem consistent, so perhaps it was an intentional "balancing feature."

Was that right? Or is this delay only after making a kill with the gun?

I could test some more, but I think perhaps its just people's imagination running wild or lag (as I said before, lag makes it harder to hit anybody, with the Disruptor or any gun).

Debate is fine, but it has to be constructive. No flaming or personal attacks. Bugs are either there are they aren't, gameplay is something people can argue about till the cows come home if they want to, but in the end it won't matter unless there's a patch (and there will be always people who won't be satisfied even then) or you make a mod that caters to your whims...

Jeff I have to agree with Kurgan on this one. What is going on is now you are ALLOWED to move around in 2ndary sniper mode. You can get out of it just as fast as JO if you select another weapon. So, you are not stuck in sniper mode after firing, you are just being allowed to STAY in the mode if you wish. Once I adjust to it I think it will work better for sniping than JO.

If anything this extra feature for the Tenloss adds more options for the sniper. :D

Originally posted by Rumor

yet again you only think about yourself. seeing as the competitive clans talked together about the best solution that would not damage other gametypes and the ability to toggle the kicks, etc., came out as the best option. you claim we didn't think about anyone but ourselves, but it is infact you that is doing such.

and six months? are you insane? there won't be anyone even remotely interested by then. and you say we are stupid and ignorant and don't think of the consequences? :rolleyes:

Seriously, Rumor, the way you talk seems to suggest your only thinking of your self. But I bet both you and Spider have your reasons for defending your place, but the wrong thing about you is your breaking out and cussing out Spider who's been talking as if he's running against you for president. I say enough of this childness and move on.

As for six month not being reasonable time, I'd say you have never obviously played online. This game will be far from dead. Even if not one single person will play it, I will. I'll host a server, it might not be the best but it'll be there. And just look at JK1, that game still has people playing and just look at how old it is. Hell, I'd go and play it now seeing as its the only game were my 56k works.

do you see us whining about getting owned and how x feature is ruining the game? no. we found an imbalance which could destory a large COMMUNITY and we are trying to bring it to RAVEN's attention. [/b]

A "nerfed" sniper rifle (still many including me don't see this problem) won't destroy a large community. There are other weapons, anyway. Personally, I find the Tenloss just as enjoyable as JK2, and sniping in Siege is great!

Patches can destroy communities (see JK2). Not insignficant game issues.

P.S. Stop bashing Spider Al. He has a right to . . . what's that word . . . AN OPINION!!!!!1111!!!one!!!!un!!!!111numerouno

eloquence should not be mistaken for being civil.
Aww shucks Rumor, thanks. You people are just full of compliments today. My standpoint is strong, I'm eloquent...

seeing as the competitive clans talked together about the best solution that would not damage other gametypes and the ability to toggle the kicks, etc., came out as the best option.
Heh heh, I've explained several times how your "best option" could damage or trigger the damage of the whole community. If that was the best option your mates could come up with, fine, but don't declare that it "would not damage other gametypes". Of course it could.

Btw thanks for your support, cheeto, Shadow and JDK. Hope to see you all at the primaries!

Did I say primaries? I meant in the game! :eek:

Aww shucks Rumor, thanks. You people are just full of compliments today. My standpoint is strong, I'm eloquent...

Heh heh, I've explained several times how your "best option" could damage or trigger the damage of the whole community. If that was the best option your mates could come up with, fine, but don't declare that it "would not damage other gametypes". Of course it could.

Btw thanks for your support, cheeto, Shadow and JDK. Hope to see you all at the primaries!

Did I say primaries? I meant in the game! :eek:

like i said al. have it OFF by default and the average joe won't have a clue that it exists. that way only people who WANT it will have it.

Originally posted by griff38

Jeff I have to agree with Kurgan on this one. What is going on is now you are ALLOWED to move around in 2ndary sniper mode. You can get out of it just as fast as JO if you select another weapon. So, you are not stuck in sniper mode after firing, you are just being allowed to STAY in the mode if you wish. Once I adjust to it I think it will work better for sniping than JO.

If anything this extra feature for the Tenloss adds more options for the sniper. :D

Once again, I'm not sure what to say to you other than that you're wrong. I dunno, I guess maybe it's something that would, for the most part, only be noticed by upper-level players. If you're used to just standing in place and sniping people it won't make much difference. For me, when I snipe at someone I (usually) click my right mouse button to zoom out almost instantly after releasing the left mouse button to fire, and then I immediately start moving. In JA there is definitely a delay after you fire where you can't do anything (including switching to another weapon) other than slowly walk around in zoomed in mode.

Edit: For reference you can watch my sniping movie and see how most of the times when I snipe at someone the scope view disappears from the screen virtually at the same time as the beam appears from my gun. You simply cannot do this in JA.

Oh please. You use one example to try to prove the sweeping generalization that gameplay changing patches ruin games.

CS, DoD, JO. Among others.

Sure, 1.03 sucked, but on the other hand, I personally think 1.04 is the best version of JK2...

Personally, I really saw no difference in 1.03 and 1.04. Besides "whore moves" being "fixed" in 1.04. It's was just fixing the symptoms, that's all.

The problem, and my protest against patched JO MP, was that they completely changed the sabers - making them weaker, and harder to score hits. Where did that first change come from? Who decided that? I don't remember anybody from the old community wanting that; if anything people bitched about heavy stance and DFA whoring. Which would have been fixed with better saber hit detection.

But instead, they made sabers harder to score hits, and do less damage when they do. And people start whoring moves that go through the absurd blocking and kill. Then people bitch about whored moves, they get "fixed." Like giving cough syrup when an antibiotic should be administered.

They made gameplay changes in 1.03 when they just needed to fix what was wrong in 1.02f. Which caused even worse problems, which even you agree on: "1.03 sucked."

I'll just reiterate: if this delay from scope zoom isn't intended, it should be fixed. But for one thing, maybe it's just you.

So, a weapon seems slightly different then your favorite from JO. Adapt.

If the competative S/O competative community is all in agreement, then why not go with a custom mod? You'll be able to get exactly what you want, and community fragmentation won't be an issue because that community all wants the same thing. Wouldn't having complete control over the mod be appealing? There certainly should be enough customization options to do everything you guys want.

Originally posted by SITH_ShadowCat

Seriously, Rumor, the way you talk seems to suggest your only thinking of your self. But I bet both you and Spider have your reasons for defending your place, but the wrong thing about you is your breaking out and cussing out Spider who's been talking as if he's running against you for president. I say enough of this childness and move on.

As for six month not being reasonable time, I'd say you have never obviously played online. This game will be far from dead. Even if not one single person will play it, I will. I'll host a server, it might not be the best but it'll be there. And just look at JK1, that game still has people playing and just look at how old it is. Hell, I'd go and play it now seeing as its the only game were my 56k works.

i never said everyone.

i said the community. by that community i mean the ff/so community. it will not exist in 6 months if something is not done.

Originally posted by Prime

If the competative S/O competative community is all in agreement, then why not go with a custom mod? You'll be able to get exactly what you want, and community fragmentation won't be an issue because that community all wants the same thing. Wouldn't having complete control over the mod be appealing? There certainly should be enough customization options to do everything you guys want.

and it will take how long to release the sdk?

3 months? 6? more?

and it will take how long to release the sdk?

3 months? 6? more?

There's no SDK for Battlefield 1942 yet that hasn't stopped anyone from creating and playing the Desert Combat mod. As a matter of fact, the DC mod to BF 1942 is so far beyond the gameplay of BF without a mod that I don't even play unmodded BF anymore. If the DC team were to charge for this mod I would freely buy it, it's that good.

No one NEEDS the SDK to create mods. It makes it easier, but it's not REQUIRED...

EDIT: I guess you are proving the weiner dog incorrect. You are asserting that you don't have an SDK, but JO = 85% JA. Therefore, you have 85% of the SDK. :rolleyes:

Archived