Home

Nerfed Tenloss - WHY?

Jeff 42

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't even notice a change, and I do a lot of sniping.

There is something funny with the SP game plot involving the Tenloss. Supposedly the Tenloss Disruptor is an illegal weapon across the galaxy only used by crime factions and underworld types. The funny thing is that you are provided the option of taking a Tenloss in your weapons ensemble for EVERY MISSION. Those Jedi are hypocritical!

Originally posted by Prime

If people are allowed to complain about aspects of JA and demand a patch, then others should also be allowed to say that they like JA as it is and don't want a patch.

fine, they said it. i've tried to be civil long enough but pretentious bastards keep invading the threads which HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM, nor WILL THEY EFFECT THEM, and proclaim they are the human incarnation of honour and must prove all these lamers wrong because that is what a jedi would do, spider being the most incessant one. every time he sees something he doesn't like, he has to come in and pick apart everyone's post for this and that and especially grammar/spelling. i mean wtf? its the ****ing internet, not a term paper.

Umm... Rumor, I haven't critiqued grammar in these threads. God knows I COULD have... but we'd be here until doomsday.

i've tried to be civil long enough but pretentious bastards keep invading the threads which HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM
Heh heh. You don't get to choose who posts in what thread. These threads are relevant enough to me that I feel the need to post in them, that's the only requirement anyone needs. And do stop swearing and flaming. That's bannable.

Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick

As for the Sniper prob here. I think they did what they did, because Raven thought that the non-snipers needed a fair chance with the snipers.

Haha. Non-snipers need a fair chance with snipers? It's called level 3 saber defense. NO ONE ever complained about the disruptor being too powerful, except maybe the stupid noobs who complained whenever you shot them with any gun.

I dont have anything agianst Snipers or anything like that, but I cant stand ppl who starts camping and stuff. Thats why they did what they did.

This makes absolutely no sense. Camping by definition is staying in one place. What I'm complaining about is that after you fire a sniper shot you're forced to stay in one place. Good JK2 snipers rarely camp. I used to be a camping sniper but that was before I became a good sniper. Good JK2 snipers fire off a quick shot and are instantly on the move again. They jump and in mid-air zoom in, charge up, fire, and zoom out all before landing, then start strafe jumping as soon as they hit they ground. The disruptor in JK2, in the right hands, is very effective at long, medium, or close range. As it is now in JA it's ineffective at close range. If anything this change encourages camping, and limits the creative use of the disruptor that we know and love.

I'm a decent Sniper and I dont mind what they did. If your really a great Sniper, you should be able to deal with this problem without any problems. Its a minor problem and its not a reason to start whining about it. You still have the right to say what you feel and think, but come on now. Its not that big of a problem if your really a good sniper :).

If you're a noobish camping sniper it's not that big of a problem. If you're a really good sniper it's a huge problem because it basically ruins your whole play style. And there was absolutely no good reason for the change.

Look, this is pretty simple, really. If they had not done this, would anyone be saying, "You know, I think they should have added a big delay after you fire a sniper shot"? OF COURSE NOT. Now admittedly, I'm more upset about this than most people would be because sniping is my specialty in FFA and TFFA and this has a direct negative impact on my play style, but let's say they made it so after you fire the Golan secondary you're stuck in place for a second. That would clearly be ludicrous, and this is pretty much the same thing.

And the complaining people are doing now is completely different from the complaining people did in the early days of JK2. Back then, everyone was whining about various moves, guns, and Force powers being too strong. The problem was not that Raven patched the game, it was that they nerfed various aspects of the game, with weak sabers and, in 1.03, ridiculous ammo consumption. Now with JA they've done even more unnecessary nerfing. It's time for a fix that goes in the right direction and de-nerfs the game, and this change to the Tenloss is one of the most ridiculous and uncalled for nerfings of all.

Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick

JA IS a new game. Its not a patch, its not a mod, its not an adon, its a new game. How hard can that be to understand. I know that it doesnt live up to "new game" standards with eciting new game play, fancy graphics and stuff, but at least try to see that its a new game.

You're entitled to your own oppinion thats why I wont comment this anymore.

I totally agree with that...It looks like JO, but no way i'm playing JO back after playing JA. I love it, combat is a lot cooler etc

edit: and do quit whining about tenloss, IMO it AINT nerfed, primary fire is a lot stronger (especially in siege) I was in one of those stations in desert rescue, and fought 4 jedi+1 tech at a time with primary fire. Beat them all.

So's trolling ;)
You're in trouble then. ;)

Seriously, if you're accusing ME of trolling you can't know what trolling is. I'm debating a point, and putting my opinion across. Trolls don't do that, as a rule.

And the complaining people are doing now is completely different from the complaining people did in the early days of JK2.
No it isn't. There were many people back then who had fairly innocuous desires, like yours. They still helped to trigger the whinefest that resulted in 1.03 though. People have no conception of what they do.

Originally posted by Rumor

fine, they said it. i've tried to be civil long enough but pretentious bastards keep invading the threads which HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM, nor WILL THEY EFFECT THEM, and proclaim they are the human incarnation of honour and must prove all these lamers wrong because that is what a jedi would do, spider being the most incessant one.

I wasn't directing my post at you Rumor :) You have been much better than most. It was just a general comment, that's all...

I agree with spider.

You must play a game for more than a month to actually know what is wrong and good.

So the patch must be made 2 months after the release.

Its absolutely fine to post your opinions on what sux in the game, but most of that stuff is because what you HAD and now you dont. You will get over that with time. :D

Originally posted by Jeff 42

Okay, Anyone who agrees please speak up.

I agree Jeff.

There is a trite old saying: "The squeaky wheel gets the grease."

I think the kicks and Tenloss got alot of complaints from people who think of these JKO & JA as saber games.

People like you me and others who like kicks and the hated sniper rifle, didn't have anything to complain about. Raven listened to the complaints of a few and ignored the fact there were countless numbers of us who thought the game was fine.

I think I will have no problem adapting though, I plan to use the new gun to burn alot of saber junkies.:p :p :p

I personally hate guns in combination with sabers.

In SP, I NEVER use a gun unless there's some fish dude sniping me with a tenloss, then maybe I'll use one to get him, other than that, it's saber all the way, baby!

I REALLY miss kick, though.

I know what you're going to say to this one, but during the JO days, I was one of the first people to use kick, and use it well, and consistently. If you played against DyeHead, Senator Palpafag, or anyone on the MATRIX CPA CTF Sabers only server, you know that it was a great tool.

Now when we have cappers that bounce around from health pack to health pack using absorb, there are fery few ways of stopping them. Kick was a great way to stop someone from bouncing around all the time.

Now, when someone's camped on a ledge and you leap next to them, you have just used over half your force on the jump and cannot use the super saber moves, (attack1+attack2) so you have to try to do as much damage as possible, e.g. heavy stance overhead slash, but by that time they know you're there and push you mid stroke. It's incredibly dificult to catch someone off guard, and actually do damage. Blue does diddly really, so does yellow. Kick would give you a chance of downing the opponent and finishing them off. Bring it back! If you want to nerf kick, make it 5 damage or something, but we need a knockdown move!

Which leads me to my next gripe.... I have my own 20 player CTF server up, and I primarily use the single saber. I've noticed that I have NEVER gotten a 1 hit kill on an opponent with single saber heavy stance (from 100 health to 0), but I CONSTANTLY get 1 hit killed with both the light staff and the dual sabers.. I know what you're thinking.. You must suck, DyeHead! Maybe, but I don't think so. In Jedi Outcast, I was pretty hard to kill even without kick or force. I'd join duel servers and people would leave. Now it seems that single saber has been gimped. It seems to me that light staves being in the yellow band of power should do yellow damage? Same for the dual sabers. I do a left to right swipe with red and it takes 3-4 hits to kill someone, whereas someone with a light staff can kill me with one hit.

I'd like to find a way of adjusting light saber damage to balance things out a little bit, and maybe tone down force lightning a tad.. a list of config setting adjustments too please, if anyone has one :)

Also, I'm wondering if people already have binds to backstab... Some chump came on my server backstabbing everyone (dual sabers) and when I attempted this (I used to be a big backstab person in 1.03) My backstab had nowhere near the efficiency that his did. Is this some sort of yawspeed adjustment or auto backstab script? Some light over here, please.

Well, thanks for reading!

/novel

-=Sebastian A.K.A. -=DyeHead=-

People like you me and others who like kicks and the hated sniper rifle, didn't have anything to complain about. Raven listened to the complaints of a few and ignored the fact there were countless numbers of us who thought the game was fine.
Probably true, but whatever the reason behind the way Jedi Academy was put together, it's a new game. JO's still there if you like it's dynamic so much. I know that I for one won't stop playing JO just because I also play JA.

But what some people are asking for is indefensible. Any patch that alters gameplay has the potential to a: ruin the game, b: alienate a huge portion of players. The sooner after a game's release the patch is brought out, the less people will understand about the original gameplay, hence any attempts at "improving" gameplay are more likely to be inaccurate or incorrect. Detrimental.

Personally I think you should all play the game for MUCH longer, as I will, before declaring whether it's good, bad, better or worse than other games. In the next six months, new moves will be discovered, new bugs found. New tactics unearthed, and it would be very silly to try to patch a game before all these things have been found and brought to the community's attention.

Well, I'm certainly not trying to say OMG PATCH NOW!!!11111111 I'm just saying that when there is a patch this is one thing that had better be fixed. And it's highly unlikely this game will go six months without being patched, with all the problems it has.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Any patch that alters gameplay has the potential to a: ruin the game, b: alienate a huge portion of players. The sooner after a game's release the patch is brought out, the less people will understand about the original gameplay, hence any attempts at "improving" gameplay are more likely to be inaccurate or incorrect. Detrimental.

I suspect that this is how Raven feels. They had a front row seat for the uproar the patches brought in JO. I think they will be much more hesitant to alter too much in a patch this time around...

well, as it stands the game already alienates an enormous playerbase. that means hundreds of players who played JO FF/SO gametypes, not to mention the players who would buy the game on the word of mouth of those players. i've talked to quite a few q3, sof2, ut2k3, and ut players, not to mention ET players who would buy the game if it didn't seem so "newbie-fied" with all the nerfs and the reviews of the people who DID buy the game.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Good.

Problems? Nothing pressing. ;) Much buggier games exist and are played to death regularly.

my god spider, you really do have comprehension problems.

THE ISSUE IS NOT BUGS. IT IS THE LACK OF PLAYABILITY.

and we did not come here to debate with you. we came here to bring gameplay issues to the attention of the game developers. do you have [RAVEN] in your name somewhere? no? then stfu.

i'm done being overly civil with obnoxious trolls who think they have god given power and the god given mission to stop anything they don't agree with.

again WE ARE NOT HERE TO DEBATE.

and yes you were critiqueing people's posts. you inflated your e-strapon about how you don't use acronyms, etc.

get off your high horse, i see no title of moderator or administrator by your name. nor would i treat you differently if it did.

Archived