Home

Prayer Request

Nitro

My friend, "brother", and fellow 101 Moncton Air Cadet is going to become a father sometime today or this weekend...

He made a poor decision about 8 months ago (on my washing machine, no less), and now he's getting a little bundle of, uh, joy... It seems to be turning into a 101 Moncton tradition, sadly (the poor decision, not making it on my washing machine).

But things haven't been looking good lately for the mother, and now, more then a month early, she's going into labor.

I would ask anyone who so wishes (of any religion) to pray for the safety of the mother and the child (my god-child), and to give strength to my "brother", Matt Magee, to help him with what's still to come.

I'm not asking for opinions, just a little extra help for two basically good people in a bad situation. If you don't wish to pray, for whatever reason, keep it to yourself. Yes, they made a dumb choice. Yes, it's their fault... But that doesn't mean we abandon them in their time of need.

I thank, in advance, anyone who chooses to pray.

Originally posted by Nitro

I'm not asking for opinions, just a little extra help for two basically good people in a bad situation. If you don't wish to pray, for whatever reason, keep it to yourself. Yes, they made a dumb choice. Yes, it's their fault... But that doesn't mean we abandon them in their time of need.

i am not going to pray but i want to say there is no dumb choice.. it is not their fault in general. it is life happening like life always likes to happen. there may be worse situations although this seems not to be the best. but one month (if i get it right) is not "unusual" in some way and the docs generally should have no problems with it. although i dont know what things havent been looking good for the mother and i dont know what the doctor is saying.. so sadly all they can do is wait..

i'll wait with them and with that i send my best wishes to them!

:)

Ok, quick update...

About an hour and a half ago, the mother was stuffed into an ambulance and rushed to a hospital 3 hours away (normal driving time, not speeding ambulance time) because the neo-natal unit here was really understaffed tonight. We (the father and I, the only two at the hospital at the time) had about 10 minute's warning that she was being moved, and there was no room in the ambulance, so we're stuck here until like three in the afternoon tomorrow...

Also, the kid's breech, meaning she's tryin' to come out ass-first, so they're going to have to take her out by c-section. Gut feeling on the "her", btw... That, and she's got a fast heartrate, and it sounds like a galloping horse... Guy fetuses (fetii?) generally sound more like a washing machine.

Babysit!? I'm his right-hand-man in raisin' the little bastard (hey, the term applies...). Hell, my bro's almost as nuts as I am, so little Jacob Matthew Magee (he's got a name now!) is gonna be an interesting little guy.

• 2 weeks later...

More good news! The mom's back home, and the little guy got transferred back to the neo-natal unit here... He's still pretty small (barely over 4 lbs), but he's been breathing on his own for a while now, and they think he'll be ready to come home in a week or so. The missus and I got him the cutest little giraffe... :p

Archived