Home

The Matrix Restarted

jokemaster

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((Ya I know I haven't replied in like a whole month, what!?! Well this is just about the perfect time now I guess.))

Selene, Red Lotus, Frost, and Cinder enter an empty room with a phone in the middle. The phone begins to ring and Cinder steps towards it. Suddenly a dark figure emerges from the shadows in the corner of the room, it is late in the evening and there is no light in the room so it is hard to make out the person.

All four of Selene's crew drew their guns on the newcomer. She stepped into the dim rays of light from the window and Frost lowered her guns, "It's okay guys, she's with us."

The rest of them lowered their guns and Selene spoke up, "Who are you? And why are you here?"

"I am Imperail, the last living crew member of the Psicosis. I don't know why I'm still alive but I hope that with the data from the disk you picked up at the Glendon st. station you can find out. Please you must leave and make it back to Zion with the information before it is too late."

"But what about you?" Frost interjected, "We have to get you out of the matrix." Frost turned to Selene, "We have to get to her ship and jack her out!"

"No you have to get back to Zion!" Imperial said urgently.

Selene crosed her arms across her chest, "We'll send the data to the Solaris and they can take it to Zion, then we'll find your ship and get you out."

Imperial drooped her head, "I probably wont last that long, you should just go, besides I could just dropp dead at any moment."

"Don't be silly, we're going to get you out, just hang in there." Selene said finally, with that the group jacked out leaving Imperial

alone in the dark room to worry about how long she had left to live.

Suddenly there was a sound of many quick footsteps aproaching the door and Imperial jumped out the window. Several S.W.A.T. broke in the door to find the room empty, one of them looked out the broken window to see a figure run off in the distance. The S.W.A.T. quickly keyed his radio, "Suspect heading west on Riverance road!"

--------------------------

On board the Unwanted...

Selene opened her eyes and sat up after unjacking. The others were all getting up too and Tepe was helping the others get up, obviously he'dd be out for a while.

When everyone was standing around Selene spoke, "We're going to give the disk to the Solaris so they can bring it to Zion, then we're going to search for the Psicosis." There was a few mutters before Selene spoke again, "Get to it people."

A moment later the Solaris recieved this message.

"This is Selene of the Unwanted. We're sending you a copy of an encripted file we recieved from the Psicosis get it to Zion as quickly as you can, this is a top priority, I don't know what's on the file but it's very important. My ship and crew will be searching for the Psicosis and it's last remaining crew member in hopes of finding more answeres. God speed. Selene out-"

That was the end of the message.

((by the way Jokemaster Taki is my favorite character in Soul Caliber II, but I'm warming up to Cassandra and Sophitia. Ya I use the chicks, in my oppinon the guys, except for link, look gay. And my brother uses link so I don't. we have the gamecube version))

Tepe looks Selene after she sent the message.

"You met Imperial... I saw it on the code..." Tepe said, looking to the floor. He was making somekind of electric guns from some metal and wire rubbish. "You know... Many of the Psicosis were my friends from Zion... Imperial was their best fighter... But still... She's lucky to stay even 24 hours alive in Matrix..." Tepe said and put the gun on the table.

((Would you think about clothes if your daughter had been missing for a day or so and suddenly showed up with a bunch of mysterious guys?))

Beth grinned. "I always was good at being grounded, even when I wasn't hanging out with a bunch of oddballs."

She laughed.

Beth laughed.

"That last threat didn't do much to me," she said. "We don't have a dishwasher, so I do all of our dishes by hand anyway." She held up her hand, but quickly brought it down as she realized that her rough, well worn hands had only been created in her mind. Her real hands were as soft as silk.

Beth laughed.

"That last threat didn't do much to me," she said. "We don't have a dishwasher, so I do all of our dishes by hand anyway." She held up her hand, but quickly brought it down as she realized that her rough, well worn hands had only been created in her mind. Her real hands were as soft as silk.

Hunter walked in and looked over at Wolf, "What's going on in here?" Wolf smirked, and said, "She's calling us oddballs." Hunter laughed, then suddenly took a more serious tone. "How much longer till we get to Zion?" Wolf looked at Hunter, "We've barely set off." Hunter nodded, "And thats why Outcast said to get your rear up in the cockpit or we'll be Sentinal lunch."

Selene gathered the crew and explained that they would be searching for the Psicosis while the Solaris would be taking the encripted file to Zion. Then the unwanted began it's search.

meanwhile in the matrix...

Imperial fled through back yards and over fences until she was too tired to carry on. Just when she began to relax and gain some comfort a twig snapped beside her. She looked up into the eyes of an agent and was terrified. He smiled back at her.

"A fine night to die," He said his grin widening, then he looked up at the stars, "See how they shine." When he looked down again she was running in the other direction. "You cannot hide!" He shouted after her before she leapt over another fence. "We will alwase find you." He mumbled to himself, then turned and walked away.

Edit: ((It's the libraries fault))

• 2 weeks later...

NeoVenom catches himself before he fell onto the floor. "I guess that answers my question." He then sits down on one of the chairs that is not occupied. "I don't know, but I have a wierd the agents let us go. Didn't you notice that no agents appeared in Beth's house?" He scratches his head as he thinks to himself.

Beth was not so lucky as NeoVenom and hit the floor pretty hard.

"Ouch," she muttered and thought about NeoVenom's remark. "They did let us go, then, didn't they? They should have known where we were. After all, we were there for longer than we could have been and all we saw were cops."

In the matrix...

Imperial just kept running until her lungs felt like they would explode in her chest. She collapsed on someone's front lawn, gasping in as much air as she could. Then she saw two finely polished black shoes in front of her and looked up into the eyes of an agent. She didn't even have enough energy left to get up but as she tried she felt strong fingers wrap around her neck and lift her off the ground.

"We have no more need for you, you were bait in a mouse trap, but the cheese has fallen from the mouse's mouth and tumbled away. The trap is sprung, and the chese sweapt up and thrown in the garbage." Then the agent pulled his gun from it's holster concealed in his suit, and shot a single bullet into Imperial's stomach.

Blood dripped from her mouth onto the agent's hand and he flung her onto the lawn. After wiping his hand clean with a hankerchief he shot Imperial three more times in the chest. Then slowly walked away.

---------------------------

In the real world...

"Captain, we've located the Psicosis." Holster's voice sounded over the intercom.

Selene pressed the intercom and responded, "All crew report to the main deck."

Hunter winced as he hit the wall and climbed into the cockpit, muttering something about Wolf's flying. Suddenly, he had a bad feeling, as if he knew something went wrong somewhere, but he didn't know where. He got into the cockpit and switched seats with Outcast. Outcast went back downstairs to see how the other crew was doing, moving with ease, obviously quite used to Wolf's flying style.

Selene was about to answer Tepe when Frost, Cinder, and Red Lotus arived. Selene adressed the group, "We've located the Psicosis, and were going to board it to search for survivors, so gear up." Selene turned around to face Holster who was sitting in the co-pilot's chair, "Holster, stay with the ship, let me know if you read any sentinals. In which case we'll return to the ship." Selene turned back around to the group, "Let's move."

Everyone grabbed a pack and an emp gun while Selene brought the ship down beside the Psicosis.

After the ship landed Selene lead the group outside. They walked through the rugged black rocks of the real world until they came to the Psicosis.

The ship was a skeleton, it had holes torn in it where it seemed sentinals had entered. Selene stepped forward and began prying open a broken hatch. Red Lotus stepped up and helped her until it was open. Cinder and Frost stepped in first and began searching for what they could find.

Selene held the pannel open for Tepe and Red Lotus and then headed in herself. The first sight was a man torn in half, dried blood was smeared all across the floor. Selene shuddered at the tourtured expression on the man's stiff, frozen face.

"Selene! I think you should take a look at this!" Cinder called from somewhere in the ship.

The crew gathered around the remains of the crew of the Psicosis. Cinder stood beside Imperial, the only crew member who's body was still entirely intact, while Frost had her back to the tromatizing scene, she looked as though she would throw up.

"Imperial?" Selene asked.

"We were too late I'm afraid." Cinder looked down at the ground in shame.

'Damn..." Selene turned around putting her back to the bloodshed, "Let's head back to the ship."

Suddenly Selene's radio came to life, "We've got company!"

Selene looked over her shoulder at the others, "Let's go!" Then began running to the pannel they came from.

Selene slipped out the pannel and ran towards the ship. Suddenly the Unwanted exploded. Selene was knocked off her feet and lay in the black soil staring in disbalief at the flaming debris of her ship...

Red Lotus came to stand just behind her, he could also hardly believe his eyes. Then a sentinal hovered up the the ship and began scanning it. Red Lotus was taken back by surprise and lifted his emp gun, "Selene we should be going now!"

The Sentinal turned to where the humans were standing and stared for a few seconds, then from behind it four more sentinals raced towards the group. Red Lotus blasted the nearest one and another lashed out, hurling him through the air with a trail of blood. His emp gun clattered to the ground. Three sentinals flew past Selene and one lay in front of her an electrified carcase. And the fifth watched from the aflamed ship. Just watched...

Somehow, during the crisscross of the tunnels, the Solaris was within range to detect the sentinals, and it did. Hunter looked over the area they were in and picked up life in the area. "Quick.. go to those sentinals." Wolf looked at Hunter. Hunter looked back, "Someone needs our help.. go." Hunter shouted down the stairs. "Man the guns, get to your stations!"

Archived