Home

Will there be a JK3 radiant?

Tyler_Durden

Erm, because GtkRadiant already has those features.

And, dude, if the box says Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy, and not Jedi Knight III, it's not JK3. You have it backwards. The working title is irrelevant, because it's a working title. The working title is what you call something when you don't know what it's going to be called yet, when you don't have the final, actual and real name.

Originally posted by ydnar

You can change the color of any entity by modifying its entry in the entities.def file in scripts/.

Cheers,

y

Thank you, ydnar! You just made my future mapping a lot more pleasant. I was actually looking for this kind of settings file myself (as I thought there must be one), but it seems I didn't look for it hard enough...

what does it matter what people call a game?

many people use the moniker of jko and jka for these two games. they aren't named jedi knight: outcast or jedi knight: academy, now are they?

nobody gives a **** just let people call it what they call it. as long as you know what the **** they are talking about then its fine.

so what if jedi knight 3 actually comes out? when it does, it does. people get confused between many, many, many games, so it won't be any different.

Originally posted by lukeskywalker1

I dont know about you guys, but GTK is slow, and the textures look screwed up on my PC... When i get too close, or at a weird angle, it looks like a square with a line going through it. Then, the textures on the brush... just dont look right.

For me, Gtk has always been faster than JK2R, and Gtk crashes less. About the textures...have you tried altering your texture display and texture compression settings? Disabling OpenGL lighting? Maybe you're pushing your video card too much. This could be the reason for your slow performance and textures looking funny.

The reason Raven won't patch JK2Radiant is that doing that would invlove making a whole new editor, essentially. Raven used GtkRadiant to build Jedi Academy maps, they will release this version of GtkRadiant with their editing tools. It would be a whole lot of work for them to make a patch that takes old JK2Radiant and adds all the features that they already developed for Gtk.

Originally posted by wedge2211

For me, Gtk has always been faster than JK2R, and Gtk crashes less. About the textures...have you tried altering your texture display and texture compression settings? Disabling OpenGL lighting? Maybe you're pushing your video card too much. This could be the reason for your slow performance and textures looking funny.

The reason Raven won't patch JK2Radiant is that doing that would invlove making a whole new editor, essentially. Raven used GtkRadiant to build Jedi Academy maps, they will release this version of GtkRadiant with their editing tools. It would be a whole lot of work for them to make a patch that takes old JK2Radiant and adds all the features that they already developed for Gtk.

Hey Wedge, so does that mean the version out now (1.3.12) is the official release version or what?

Ive been thinking about it, it loads textures and stuff faster, and it starts up faster, but still my textures look corrupted in it. Ill get a screenshot when i get home. Also, I got one version of GTK, then i got another, and put it in the same directory... maybe thats the problem. Ill just get the new one, and try it out... in a different directory.

Archived