Home

Favorite EU book

Master_Keralys

hmmm..... well, personally, i found aaron allston's starfighters of adumar to be the most enjoyable sw book i've read. i'm drawn to the ways of a fighter pilot, though, and have an instant liking for any of wedge's exploits, so the average fan may not like it as much as i do. stilll.....the book is DAMN funny, another reason y i like it so.

from a critic's point of view, though, i'd have to say traitor was the best. very well-written..... haven't read shatterpoint yet. am gonna buy it soon.....

i enjoyed zahn's thrawn trilogy as well... good for the critics & the star wars fans. one of the better EU pieces.

When I first heard about 'Traitor' I found out ......

** centres mainly around one charcater :

I thought 'that cant be right !!' especially Jacen, who although I liked because of his input to discussions more than action, I never thought he could be the focus of a whole book.....

**crappy cover

I thought, "is that Jacen ???" He looks like Leo DiCaprio, and nothing like Han or Leia ! I like the Dark Journey cover much better, Jaina was droolworthy........

Then I read it, and it was amazing, and *different* Its a stand out SW novel... standing alongside "I, Jedi" another unique piece...

And Vergere, boy is she one crazy bird ! I thought Jacen being her apprentice was just what he needed....

Also, for all those whiners who used to complain about Jacen, you couldn't undermine that for all his philospohical uncertainity, he is a very strong jedi, only someone mentally together could have endured the breaking process................

So Yes, "Traitor" is my fave SW novel, followed by "I, jedi"

MTFBWYA

I never read the Thrawn books because they sound boring...but perhaps not. Don't judge a book by its title. Wait-- *The hand of Thrawn swoops down and grabs Miko_lover*

Thrawn: Now it's time to endure a life time of pain! (evil laugh heard).

Miko_lover: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Miko_lover

I never read the Thrawn books because they sound boring...but perhaps not. Don't judge a book by its title.

Anyone and everyone should read the Thrawn Trilogy. They are not boring in any respect and they involve the ingenius mind of Thrawn which makes them all the more better. They also involve Talon Karrde, who is ALSO awesome. The Thrawn trilogy is an amazing set of books, which I have just finished and I recommend them to anyone with a taste for Star Wars. It will satisfy.

Anyone and everyone should read the Thrawn Trilogy.

Howdy Wolfgang,, it seems you are blowing Zahn's trumpet(uugh -bad mental image!!! :p) I have re-read the Trawn Trology recently...

I found them dated, and quite cartoonish. They are memorable because they were the first great EU novels of the 90s SW revival. Plus they introduced some amazing characters, like you mentioned. But at the end of the day that "Luuke' and 'Joruus' stuff is silly. Also annoying is the portrayal of Mara's deep psycological anguish via capital letters :

YOU WILL KILL LUKE SKYWALKER !!!!

Compare this to Jacen's ordeal and journey in 'Traitor' and it is laughable.

I briefly met Zahn and Stackpole when they were down here in Australia..., cool guys, a bit geeky, but cool nonetheless....

MTFBWYA

In the first draft of the Thrawn Trilogy, C'boath was instead an insane clone of Ben Kenobi. Lucasfilm shot that idea down pretty quickly though.

My favorite book would be The Lando Calrissian Adventures. Most people seem to hate it, but I love it. I wish L Neil Smith had wrote more Star Wars novels.

Yeah, Zahn came up with some crazy ideas. He is a brilliant writer, but I can't see it as much in the original Thrawn trilogy as in The Hand of Thrawn or some of his short stories. He feels very different in the original trilogy of Thrawn books, and pretty much lets the Republic win the war by luck instead of by tactical skill. Pretty sad for the Republic.

He feels very different in the original trilogy of Thrawn books, and pretty much lets the Republic win the war by luck instead of by tactical skill. Pretty sad for the Republic. [/b]

That's probably because Grand Admiral Thrawn dominates completely in tactical skill. There's no way Ackbar or anyone else would have been able to compete with THrawn for straight pure tactical skill. They had to win through luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived