Home

Aargh! Annoying pop-ups!

jediduo

Now, I know that this is a Star Wars based forum and all, and I think Rebel Strike will be a sweet game, but if I see that doggone talking pop-up one more time, I swear my fist is going thru the screen. I didn't like Ackbar's mug in the first place (No offense, NL_Ackbar), and now I hate it. Is anyone else severely irritated like me? Literally, every second page I open brings the stupid thing up.

I use the Pop-Up Stopper, which I got from Panicware, there's a free version on there somewhere, you just have to look for it. It blocks anything that tries to use a javascript to opena new window, but you can hold down shift and it will allow things through. It's a nifty program. :)

wow...yes indeed duo...I was logging in to check at 4:20 and was like "Sweet cool rebel strike commercial" and watched it all the first 2 times...the third time I was like wow...again? And then the 4-500th times I was screaming and pulling out my hair...I killed the internet and looked at the time. 4:21

Try Opera 7... it eliminates popups and its email client isn't vunerable to the attacks that outlook and outllook express are.

The nice thing about Opera is that you can set it to only show popups you request... handy for those sites that use popup windows for things like showing images, etc.

Artoo, I looked for that blocker from panicware and couldn't find it. Are you sure it's still available?

Darth Groovy, I don't know if you intended this, but I found your post absolutely hilarious. If you were being serious..... oops.

I know what you mean, TK. The same thing happens to me. That's the main reason why I hate it. If there was no audio, I'd be alright.

Originally posted by TK-421

jeez. that popup is getting very annoying. I have cable, so it loads instantly, but I have my music up so high while I am on the computer that his voice scares the **** out of me^^

No kidding...dang...one second I'm listening to Audioslave at full volume then I get the crap scared out of me with admiral ackbar.

It's almost as bad as those army banners they had a while back with the "Alpha...Bravo...Charlie..." except you couldn't close them...

Archived