Home

board outa my mind

Praetorian

I'm am board, very board...

I'm sitting in class learning about subnet masks, class a,b,&c networks, borrowing bits, etc.

All this repetative boringness got me thinking, what do you guys do in class when your bored...I already checked my e-mail, forums, and websites...anything else that you guys do, or maybe more websites to read...

wait, she's talking about something I don't know, I gotta go

I'm at work and I'm bored....nothing to do right now except go to several sites that are not blocked & reread my copy of the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (all 5 Hitchhiker's Guide books in 1). So far, over 4 days, I've read the first 3 books (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, and Life, the Universe, and Everything). And to think that I'm actually getting paid to do this...of course the occasional call comes in and annoys me until I can properly ignore it.

No, it's LAN Concepts. Everything you'll ever want to know and more about LANs and all the stuff that goes w/ it. It's an important class, especially due to the importance of networks in today's business world.

swgbking - you play UT in class?!?! How do you have it on your computer?

Homer - that's what I need to do, get a good book...I think I have a Tom Clancy novel at home somewhere that I haven't read. I've also kinda wanted to read the LOTR books.

I usually don't have the free time to run around on the net, but when I do I check all my forums...but since the school has Bess (CURSE BESS TO HELL AND BEYOND!!!...sry...that just escaped) I can't check e-mail...or for that matter pretty much any subdomain...oh and no google image search.

Originally posted by STTCT

I have a class like this...its one of those REQUIRED courses that's very basic...

I mean honestly.....the man's talking about how to open Word for godsakes! FOR A FREAKIN HOUR!!!

Well he LOCKS the computers and you can't use them.

I basically slip into a deep subconcious level

my class is 3 hours and it's on 'how to use windows 2000' 3 hours from 6:30-9:30, i end up yawning my way through the last hour. in a few weeks, I'm starting my a+ certification course. I'm glad they let me in cuz of all the stupid required classes had to go and postpone themselves. heh.

I just got my A+ certification last month. It's definatily a nice cert to have, but it's only a doorway to more certs. It's pretty basic, but it's still nice to have on your resume. It's just really hard to get a job on an A+ alone. If you like networking, you could try your hand at the Cisco certs next.

Let me know if you want any help w/ the A+. I think I still have my help guides saved on my computer at home...I'll have to check tonight.

Archived