Home

Manquesa's Slave 1

Manquesa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by seks03

do you think after your finished with that and this model you can post a "tutorial for dummys" on vehicles? (step by step)

I can host it at my site

Funny you should ask, i've been thinking about doing just that. Wasn't thinking of the "for dummy's" part, but yeah theres a few things that i'm pretty sure aren't being implemented in vehicles that i've been learning about, like like putting damage tags on the vehicles and why it's important to properly name the surfaces of the vehicles in a certain way, basically you should have body, nose, l_wing1, and r_wing1, and not hull, wings, etc.

So I may do a tutorial, but i'm not promising anything.

looks there'll be a y-wing soon, and judging from ur a-wing it'll be great!!!!! i cant wait!!! but mainly for the Slave 1 i'm going to get a bounty hunter model soon(when it's finished) so i'll ned a ship and this looks GREAT!!!!!! i know Jango & Boba Fett use this ship but there are more than one of them.

GOOD LUCK.....!

looks there'll be a y-wing soon, and judging from ur a-wing it'll be great!!!!! i cant wait!!! but mainly for the Slave 1 i'm going to get a bounty hunter model soon(when it's finished) so i'll ned a ship and this looks GREAT!!!!!! i know Jango & Boba Fett use this ship but there are more than one of them.

well, Bounty hunters ride various kinds of ships. the Slave I is a modified Police ship of come kind. Dash Rendar flies a Corelian vessel, Bossk had a YV-666 freighter. so it just proves not all Bounty hunters fly Slave I's. and I bet Mandlorians don't fly the same craft either, Jango's old ship used to be Jaster's and it wasn't the same model.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, i've finally found some time to work on this some more. Here's a little update.

Slave-1&.dnm=s1-top.jpg

Slave-1&.dnm=s1-bottom.jpg

Most of the modeling is done, just need to finish making the parts of the engine for the underbody. There's still a lot to do though after that. I'll need to spend some time tweaking the vertices and edges to smooth out the rough spots, then I need to make both Boba's and Jango's ships skins, then I can start working to get it in-game, then there's custom weapons to make, sounds, sheild display and reticle, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i've finally finished with all the vehicles i've been working on for the Asteroids project so now I can get back to work on this here Slave 1 as well as the Death Glider, my other project.

So, I don't have any updates right now, but there will be more updates hopefully in the near future and hopefully more often.

I'm also gonna start work on some vehicle modeling tutorials. I've gotten the basic framework laid out for it, you'll be able to view it here -- http://www.manquesa.com/forum But don't expect to see anything more on that for a while, that's gonna be a lot of work.

Originally posted by ublazxanchat

thanks for the big help. I mean can i download a demo or something off the net?

:x-wing:

For 3DSM no not really what I kinda tried to show ya was it was a big time program, you can get a lite version called gmax or another program like it called milkshape (demo only) and they can make .md3 and I dunno if vehicles are .glm's or md3's but it should work.

Archived