Home

Manquesa's Slave 1

Manquesa

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, you're still gonna have to wait a while for it, but I am also currently working on making some vehicle tutorials that will cover everything from the actual modeling in 3ds max to the skinning, animating (if necessary), porting to the game, custom effects, etc.

But that'll be after the Slave 1 is done. Hopefully not too much longer though.

But I used Duncan's tut to learn myself, the rest I learned from the good people at Raven.

Thrawn, when you post like this, expect talk back from other people and dont get pissed when people tell you of their views. One more thing Thrawn, if you wanna talk to Manquesa only, there is a such thing around here called a "Private Message". So if you dont want other people's reviews on what you say, use the PM system. Also I looked at the site, we have no proof of how you know more about this stuff, so just drop it until you release your work. Until then just drop it.

Are the blasters going to be fixed or rotating (ala the Y-wing auto targeting cannon) ? Or perhaps passenger operated - I seem to recall somebody had it working (after a fashion) on the Lambda Shuttle.

Also I wonder if you can get all three weapons on it (Lasers / Torpedoes / Mines).

One small point - can you get it to scale - it's a fairly big ship compared to the other fighters.

I look forward to seeing it in the asteroids map and on one of those Kamino duel maps (just for authenticitiy ;) )

Yeah, I believe the problem was that the passenger's computer couldn't accurately predict the movements of the ship. :( Maybe they'll rework it in a patch, or something. As for getting all three weapons on it, I think that's possible. The AT-ST has weapons with alternate fire--you could make the mines the alt-fire of the torpedoes, perhaps. :)

Originally posted by Manquesa

well, you're still gonna have to wait a while for it, but I am also currently working on making some vehicle tutorials that will cover everything from the actual modeling in 3ds max to the skinning, animating (if necessary), porting to the game, custom effects, etc.

Thatd be sweet its exactly what I'm gonna need, I'll take another crack at duncans to see if I can't get assimilate to accept something.

Well I can tell you right now that NO coder will be able to fix what is needed to get the passenger vehicle feature working properly. Mike Gummelt, who wrote the vehicle code, said that the jamp.exe itself would have to be re-coded with the proper fix to get the passenger vehicle fix.

Originally posted by Andy867

Well I can tell you right now that NO coder will be able to fix what is needed to get the passenger vehicle feature working properly. Mike Gummelt, who wrote the vehicle code, said that the jamp.exe itself would have to be re-coded with the proper fix to get the passenger vehicle fix.

Actually, he said that about fixing the funcionality of the passenger controlled turret feature. What they're talking about though is the fact that the option to show the player (rider) on fighter type vehicles doesn't work. Mike told me that it was originally set up to work, but that another programmer must have disabled it or took the code out or something because they didn't think it would ever get used or something. Of course he was just making assumptions about why the code is no longer there or functional anymore. I don't think he ever really looked into it.

Hey Manquesa, may I make a suggestion? Make the lasers uber powerfull, and make the sonic charges for Jango's ship mines (which they are). The Bounty Hunter Wars Trilogy and Episode II showed how powerfull the laser cannons were.

Anyway, I can't wait. This is gonna be SWEET!!:slave:

:trooper: :trooper: :fett::trooper: :trooper: ---(Boba is being guarded today, LOL!!)

well, I said this already I think on the first page, but I do plan on making 2 versions of the ship. Basicaly, Jango's and Boba's. Jango had his own color scheme but he also had his own weapon customizations, when Boba inherited the ship he changed it to fit his needs, including color scheme and changing out some of the weapons.

Jango's ship will have blasters for the primary weapon and then sonic charges for the secondary. And I may make the guns on the tail of the ship AI controlled though i'd have to be carefull with that, don't wan't it to be too powerful.

Boba's will probably have blasters for primary and torpedos for secondary, and again I may make the tail guns AI controlled. Though I may rethink the weapons for Boba.

Unfortunataly we can't have all the weapons on the ship that the Slave 1 should have, the max you can have it 2 player controlled and one AI controlled (actually you can have several AI turrets but you get what I mean).

But i'm still working on the skins now so I address all of that when I get to it.

Archived