Home

Has JA become boring, tired ??

Astrotoy7

Has JA become boring, tired ?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Has JA become boring, tired ?

• Yes, I'm playing KOTOR till my mouse breaks !
    • No, my elite clan will own your lamer n00b bowing clan....what the hell is KOTOR......???
    • Bugger you all ! I PREFER GALAXIES !!

For the last few weeks now, I had observed notable absences and infrequent appearances/posts by certain regulars... where were they........ PLAYING KOTOR !!!!!

I got it earlier today(First day local release here in Australia) and for an SW/EU/RPG fan its just mind blowing..... I can see why many are saying IT'S THE GREATEST STAR WARS GAME EVER !! And, I havent even picked up a lightsaber yet .......!

MTFBWYA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To answer your question, no the game hasn't become boring for me yet. When it starts to feel a little stale something always comes up to renew my interest (witness the "Not Enough Customization" thread for example, heh).

A new cheat, a new tweak, a new mod... etc.

Plus I haven't even started really MODDING yet myself, which I plan to one of these days (I made some custom bots but that's about it so far).

If you mean SP, yes it was easy (you got a lot better Force this time around), and I really only played it once through, but it was hard to tear myself away from MP to even do that much! ; )

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Ok, lets clear this up, ANY SW GAME IS AWESOME!

Ahem..

There is no 'best', but some have better graphics than others.. that's all..... :o

You sir are wrong, there were actually quite a few crappy Star Wars games.

Graphics has nothing to do with what makes a game "good" its the replay value and "fun factor" that makes a game good.

Star Wars: Rebellion and Star Wars: Tie Fighter are the best Star Wars games that were ever made hands down.

jedi power battles was a fun game i thought, even though yes it was pretty ****ty, its pretty much jk2 sabering thats in a larger 3rd person and completely nerfed, you could say its 1.10 jk3.

However, about jk3 getting boring, I think the action will rise over XMAS because more people will play and get the game although probably only 10% of these people will play much online.

Force Commander was great. The only reason a lot of people didn't like it was that it didn't have mappable keys...obviously they couldn't adjust, and then bashed a good game.

TIE fighter is really good though. I bought Rogue Squadron (PC) and Starfighter (PC) and none of those are nearly as good as TIE fighter for immersion.

I've never had the opportunity to play Rebellion. What's the gameplay like?

And yes. I have been playing KotOR at the expense of any other game. Since I bought it on 11/20, I've played maybe 1 seige game...with my name as Revan. It's good.

As for playing JA again, I'll probably be back full tilt when the OJP Enhanced mod comes out. It's going to own.

Originally posted by Kurgan

If you want to talk about mediocre or bad SW games, don't forget Jedi Power Battles and Obi-Wan. ; p

Aw C'mon K, JPB was cool for its day. Fast paced platform game style saber combat. I've never played Obi-Wan but have just heard heaps of bad things about it....

As for "all the 500+" regulars, of course not... Ive just noticed PRIME, Clemme w Stick, Siv, Eidospogos, txa..etc around there more than here...... they all seem quite chuffed with KOTOR. If you go onto teh BioWare forums, you will find the same..... MANY happy campers.... :D

As for SW game nostalgia....

Force Commander, Galactic Battlegrounds...just not my style....

SW Rebellion is a strange old game. I do like it, probably for the EU content, but the space combat bit was crap...I always used to simulate battles....

The Rebel Assualt series is still unbelievable, if not for its gameplay then for its presentation, I love that Bwing crash sequence for RA2.....

Rogue Squadron series......fun. The newer ones for the cube do look stunning too....

XW/Tie series....very cool....XWA has only been recently toppled by KOTOR as having the coolest SW storyline in a game....IMHO

I cant believe so many ppl have voted for option 2, The poll is a bit biased, as t3rr0r cleverly pointed out..... but I figured the MP gamers specifically needed an option too.....

Still KOTOR has knocked me flat.....

MTFBWYA

Strange, none of those options match my opinion. JA is fun when you take it in 'small doses'. Don't glue yourself to your pc, it makes games get boring.

I'm getting KOTOR for christmas, and I'm definatley not getting SWG (unless they remove the monthly fee).

JA has bored me at certain points, but once all the mods start comin' out it should be much more fun...(melee mod especially).

Ah well, if its really boring, I think its time for LEC to announce JK4. :D

Originally posted by Chuahtemoc

ja hasn't become boring for me yet. i mean, when it starts getting boring, i'll have to play a half hour, jack off, play a half hour,jack off, play a half hour, jack the **** off, you get the deal :p

Thats a novel way to prolong enjoyment of any particular gaming title, saving you $$$ in the process..... But perhaps a game is becoming tedious if you have to do that every half hour..... ???

:rolleyes:

MTFBWYA

Archived