Home

Yet Another Aresen WTF

Philocleon

I found these odd lyrics in the song Law of the Bungle Part II by Jethro Tull, from the album Nightcap: "Hello, this is Law of the Bungle Part II. By the Way, I'm Martin Barre but sometimes I'm an owl and my feathers are really smooth. And when I feel romantic I like to dress up in men's clothing." Now I can't really make heads or tails out of this. What do you all think?

I have that album...

I'm sure it's an inside joke of some sort. The kind of thing that you do spur of the moment to keep things light in the studio during a marathon recording session that you fully intend to edit out of the final mix before sending the master off to the pressing plant.

Since this album was never released except as a limited pressing collectors item with the proceeds going to charity, and with very limited commercial appeal to anyone except the most die-hard Tull fanatics it was left in, if for no other reason than completeness, or perhaps to make people wonder. I'm sure it means something to the band.

Yeah. I myself wonder what kind of idea the band had for the Chateau D'Isaster tapes and if there are still any more left. Well, there is one nifty thing I found out. Recently EMIRecords has been releasing remastered versions of classic Tull albums with bonus tracks that were left out of the original album sessions. Now I did a tally of the unreleased sessions for Broadsword and the Beast that were released on Nightcap and the 20th Anniversary Box set. In total I came up with about 20 songs unreleased dating from those sessions.:drop2: If EMI were to remaster Broadsword and include all 20 songs as bonus tracks, that'd be a 2 disc album, possibly 3. That would be absolutely incredible if it were to be done.

Originally posted by Philocleon

Recently EMIRecords has been releasing remastered versions of classic Tull albums with bonus tracks that were left out of the original album sessions.

Ian Anderson was talking about that project when I saw him last month.

I just bought the Minstrel In The Gallery remaster (since that one is my favorite) and it sounds great! The remastering really made a difference on this album. The bonus tracks were interesting, but not totally essential in my opinion.

I doubt I will buy re-masters for all the albums, since I already have them all on CD, and that would get far costlier than I really wish.

Maybe a few of the essentials (Thick As A Brick, Songs From The Wood...)

"Hello, this is Law of the Bungle Part II. By the Way, I'm Martin Barre but sometimes I'm an owl and my feathers are really smooth. And when I feel romantic I like to dress up in men's clothing."

:dozey: Well, taken at face value these lyrics seem to describe the songwriter's confusion at being a human/bird of prey hybrid and the unforeseen effects this has had on his sexual orientation.

'Who's your daddy, beeyayitch? Who-whooo? Who?!?'

Archived