Home

Planetside

legameboy

I'm thinking of getting Planetside for Christmas with some money.

Do any of you here play and/or have Planetside?

What do you think?

I've taken a look of everything about it and I'm almost sure I want to get it.

But I'd like to hear what the actual people who played or have played it say about it.

I downloaded the non-creditcard 14 days trial from...fileplanet... a while ago. It was fun though it wasn't really my game. I really like flying with vehciles and stuff but i was walking too much alone :p and i dont lik that kind of guns. Try before you buy, especially for a MMORPG

I got Planetside.

Wow.

It was confusing at first, even after all of the Training missions, but a hell-u-va ton of fun. Let me tell you my first battle.

I used my Infiltrator suit and scouted ahead of a huge, massive allied force that started pounding the enemy walls and pouring through their gates. When they followed me up, aircraft were flying and bombing, knocking out vehicle terminals and turrents. Tanks were scattering taking the infantry out by the dozens and scattering the MAX infantry. Cloaked infantry snuck into the enemy base, picking off small groups of soldiers and working their way towards hacking the control room and gaining control of the base. Our own MAX infantry mowed down other groups of soldiers and guarded critical points. Dropships were landing, providing more troops. Laser and gun fire filled the sky and explosions were flashing all over the place. We had control of the facility. Unfortunatly, we couldn't hack into the control room because nearby bases were strongly, technically linked to the one we "cleansed." The two bases started throwing their troops at us. We were on the defensive. We had more dropships coming in with cloaked infantry and vehicles (support and transportation) near the other two bases. The heavy-cavalry certified troops started churning out tanks and holding the gates so the enemy couldn't get in, and normal, typical infantry like us shot at our enemies from the walls. We weren't too accurate, but that wasn't our plan. We sent the enemy into panic, and MAX soldiers headed out infront of the tanks, taking care of the rest of the troops. The tanks on all sides of the base headed out towards the two bases that kept us from hacking the control terminal in this base. I headed out of the base and caught a lift with a tank. The fight was harsh. The enemy was holding us back, and even advancing our of their own base. The bombers we had were crashed, and the tanks were beings destroyed one by one by anti-tank infantry and MAX troops running and gunning. It was all up to the normal Joes to capture the base, and that they did. The soldiers with machine guns shot wildly at the enemy, while our snipers picked off the rest and our MAX troops went head to head with the enemy MAX troops. I wasn't there to witness the assault on the other enemy base or the second defense of the "cleansed" base, but I fought, and won, with hundreds of other people in that awesome, two-hour battle.

Planetside get's 90%. :)

a few months ago all vehicles had there own 3-5 point cert.

You couldn't buy three in a pack for three points.

The main problem was the weapon balance between empires.

That and the client side hit detection someone runs you over on their screen your dead even if you are in a building.....

AND the crazy lag.....

Have fun with it, I did for awhile.

Archived