Home

Deathmatch: Malak vs Vader

-NGE-

Which breath-impaired darksider will win?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which breath-impaired darksider will win?

• Darth Malak
    • Darth Vader

Originally posted by eidospsogos

ahhhh. my apologies. :)

Chokes eidospsogos :vadar:.

Apology accepted eidospsogos :vadar:.

i wonder sometimes how much they were given on that and how much they came up with on their own. there really is no way of knowing to be honest. but i figure they had alot less to work with than people think. i mean they had at least the movies, and whatever else Lucas shared with them about what his vison was at the moment. which i am sure at the time was probably not as extensive as thought.

Hmm, you might be right here. Also consider that they might have had more to work with than people think. Theres always to sides to a story.

but you could also wonder how many of these people might have been willing to consult with him as they wrote what they did. throw their ideas at him, see if he thought they fit, allowed him to change certain details as he saw fit. really you can never know for sure. it's just that by now probably2/3 opf the SW universe was created by someone other than Lucas. if not more. :)

I think that most of the authors, if not them all, consulted with Lucas to get their work approved. I dont think Lucas likes the idea that he is kept out of the loop. So I guess that they had to consult him. Do you think I'm wrong here?

-Clemme

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IIRC, Lucas never had a clue about what star wars would or should be when he started writing EpIV. If I'm not mistaken, he himself said that he never planned EpIV to be anything more than the heroes fighting an evil emperor with an evil minion who planned to take over the galaxy with evil powers and an evil planet-destruction device :D

I could be totally mistaken here but I seem to recall him telling something like that to that guy who interviews him on the VHS films released about five to six years ago (the VHS trilogy set, they came out right after the extended version of the OT came out in the theaters)

• 1 month later...

Vader is dark lord of the sith, Palpatine personally identified with the force so probably considered himself beyond all that stuff. Also probably why he didn't carry a lightsaber.

Vader vs Malak - First off malak is a coward. He never faces his master without either a mile of sapce(and laser cannons) between them or without the aid of the star forge and the souls of a score of Jedi souls to buff him up. Even on those terms I think Vader would win. Why? One, because it would be Vader coming after malak not the other way around, that gives him the advantage. Two, While Vader couldn't used force lightning because of his armor he could negate it with his light saber. Again vader killed off all the Jedi but yoda who had the audacity to die of old age. He could have beat Luke before he became a Jedi and he killed Palpatine on a whim. I don't think Malak's powers would have been enough to stop Vader from using his superior fighting abilities to poke holes in Malak until he ran out of Jedi-Pops.

Luke vs Bastilia - Luke only manifested those lighy-side powers sure but he also had access to a few dark side powers. He used force choke once and used force rage to overpower Vader! Now no one in their right mind thinks bastila could beat Vader, so why assume she could beat Luke? Bastila is the equlivent of a Jedi shield generator, very valuable target to be taken out but little more.

Vander vs Pre-kung-fu-prequle Yoda - no one's talking about this but I'm on a roll. Vander is a coward hiding behind Bastila and a hundred nameless Jedi durring two wars. Yoda kept himself alive for hundreds of years using the force and then trained Luke, and had frank oz as voice an puppeteer. Hell even kung-fuYoda could beat Vander as he did save kenobi(?) and Vader from the hilariously named but somehow powerful Count Dooku[sic].

Princess Leia Organa vs Queen Amidala - Amidala was prettier, but Leia had better taste in men(sometimes, gee, thanks for introducing me to incest starwars). But Amidala was queen which trumps Princess anyday. But then Leia had force powers, R2D2 and C3P0, which trumps special effect, racially-insensitive-goofball, time-wasting-can't-wait-till-they're-all-dead, Gungans. Leia wins dammit!

Yeah, Darth Maul maybe has the look of pure hatred, fueled by unlimited energy, but it's the calmness of Darth Vader that makes him even more dangerous...

I mean, killing one of your captains with one gesture makes him someone to respect :) Maul was just a mean killing machine... A pretty cool one I must add...

Originally posted by WickedClown

About the Darth-thing: darth was (afaik) bane's real name. So maybe all Sith after Bane renamed theirselves Darth to honor Bane

Im not sure, someone might have written this already but "Darth" is a shortening of "Dark lord of the sith"

The 'sith name' adopted is usually one of personal choice. Obviously GL made up "Vader" which denotes 'father'

but in EU it states that most sithys get to pick their 'sith' names.... maul, tyranus etc......

in KOTOR it seems, Revan and Malak couldnt be bothered so just kept their original names and slapped Darth on it... :p

MTFBWYA

Wrong Darth Small. Exar Kun, as another poster already stated, is the greatest Sith Lord ever. He could take Malak, Vader, and Bane all at once and not even have to draw his saber...okay that might be a bit of an exageration, but Kun made whole planets shake when he was enraged.

OK, now that we know whos kicks more ass between Vadert and Malak, lets see how the MOVIE Sith Lord stack against each other. These would be Vader, Palpatine, Maul, Sidious, Dooku (Tyrannus). Am i missing anyone else?

1.Vader

2. Dooku

3. Maul

4. Palpatine

5. Sidious (we havent seen him do anything... yet)

Now, being realistic (well, relatively realistic, for talking about fictional characters) here...

I think Anakin in Episode 3 could take Malak.

Vader in Episode 4-6 couldn't.

Anakin/Vader, at any point in his life, couldn't take Malak in the Star Forge, though. I doubt even Luke Post-RotJ could manage that.

Here's a question - Ep2 Yoda vs. Malak in the Star Forge. Who wins?

Archived