Home

i finally broke it.

Rogue15

I just bought this new sound card for my computer....the soundblaster audigy ls...5.1 costed me like $75....anyways...i go to install it and well, the damn thing like conflicted with my on-board soundcard so i tried removing drivers and stuff and well, i think in the process broke the geforce 2 card, and accidentally removed the onboard video (intel 810e ****set) drivers....so i go to load my computer and well, it loads but then it turns all crap colors and freezes......i can load it in safe mode, but am unable to do anything like....save my data before i reformat...so i decided just to say 'you stupid son of a bitch' and i'm planning on getting a new one built within the next month. the thing that really pisses me off though is that the sites to those parts i wanted is on the computer, and well...with safe mode screwing my access to the net, i'm unable to purchase them...might be able to by finding those links to them and ordering the stuff through my sister's computer...

anyways.....i'm meeting w/this n00b recruiter today at 1:30. she sounded funny on the phone like she was talking to a kindergartner..

The easiest way to reach me probably is through xbox live...my gamertag is RogueFifteen...been playing gta 3nalot though...

perhabs it's time to do what i used to do at least once a month when i was 'young' ..

reinstall windows!! ehehehe.

what i try to say is you dont need to 'format' your harddisk ..

and you can try to repair your installation of windows.. but . . actually I never did this.. not at home.

or you could install another, second windows on you computer to get access to your data..

errr.. and you sure disabled your onboard soundcard in the bios settings, eyh?

:)

well, i passed the asvab pretest. got like a 52 or 49 i don't remember. my mom's all against me joining the reserves and anything to do with the army now....omg i could get sent *gasp* to another country!!! i'm going to take the real asvab test and see what jobs open up for me....but my mom wants me to check out the navy and airforce...meh...i don't like water. I guess i could check out the airforce, but since i'm near-sighted...why bother? :(

like ray said, you got to make sure you disable the onboard sound and video by going into the bios.

you could always keep hold of the hard disk and when you get your new computer plug it in as a slave and then just transfer the data from that onto your new one.

the bios idea is a good suggestion, backing up and reformatting another good idea, and who knows the board could be set up like old ones where ya have a jumper to switch around to disable stuff

My motherboard died on monday the 5th, got a new board on Saturday, but Lucasforums was offline, the bastard. I got a faster chip and more RAM too. went from 1.2 GHz to 1.83 GHz and from 256 SDRAM to 512 DDR RAM. I can play DXIW now and I have been playin' it like a motherf*ck. This game is so addicting.

Archived