Home

Looks Like We'll Be Visiting The DOA One More Time...

Guybrush122

I don't remember what Puerto Zapo is?

Anyway you should also visit Onboard one of the ships.

I think it would be a good idea if the game was about a new client who:

Option 1: Loses his nun and have to figure a way to the 9nth underworld

Option 2: You don't have any ticket and therefore must walk the 4-year journey of the soul! :deathii:

Puerto Zapato is the place where the agents invaded your ship, you were supposed to get off there and search for supplies, obviously your fate atawited you at the edged of the world instead.

I think your idea maybe a bit repetitive to the original, but, in the alternate universe where they would consider a sequel, it would have to have the four year aspect. In the game, I loved going back and talking to people about what went on in the missing years.

I'm not too sure about the idea of a sequel. Firstly, Manny and Meche and the little children have moved onto the next world, so it is likely that the next world is far different (something I liked about GF was the artwork and the land of the dead/jazzy influence).

If you introduce new characters but same settings many people would be satisfied but lets face it, Manny is the heart and soul of Grim Fandango. People will miss him as the main character.

Since quite a lot of the main cast and important characters have been killed off, it may seem kinda awkward to continue.

That's all just my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in the group who want Grim Fandango 2. I think that sequel could change everything. With new characters and story, but in the same world we will have a great adventure game. I suppose Lucasarts will make sequel of it. Why ? I feel that.

That sounds like what they did to D. D was this really great, creepy, puzzle/adventure game that came out on Sega Saturn/PS1/PC. It was the scariest adventure game of its time. Then dreamcast came out with a first-person-shooter sequel. Our main character never even pulled out a weapon in the first one.

hey all, its pretty amazin 2 c that this thread is not dead and gone yet.

......mmmmm......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...u know when a game has this effect on you, its a scary feeling.

anyways.i gotta an idea.what if thy re-make grim fandango 1 and add extras in such a style that it doesnt drag out the story but a satisying length 2 help us enjoy the noire experience like never b4.

I had an idea for GF2:

You work for the DOD. Manny's legacy lives on. People regard him as a hero. Something happens, haven't quite figured ouy what. You need to go to the ninth underworld and find Manny (you gotta do a bunch of stuff to be able to get in there: get a ticket, or maybe a visitor's pass, etc.). You meet some random person, turns out to be Manny. You gotta convince him to come back and help you out. Glottis makes an appearance (he's the man), and yes, you can visit puerto zapato. It's a work in progress. More when I think of it.

Although almost certain not to ever happen, it'd work best if it were set in the same world, but with a new main character.

Manny has moved on, his part in this twisted tale is over. But there are many like him in the land of the dead. To make sure it still feels like it's a sequel there'd have to be plenty of tie-ins and references to Grim Fandango, such as visiting different parts of the same areas (imagine visiting a part of Rubacava we never saw before, not being able to visit any of the old places from the previous game but still see them in the distance and such).

Characters who knew / knew of Manny and his comerades could also provide interesting references. For example, talking to some guy in a city could turn out to be somebody who was a regular in the late Calavera Cafe, and have some stuff to say about our previous hero.

You know, stuff like that. Of course, this is all wishful thinking.. but it keeps me busy.

Originally posted by Thrik

Although almost certain not to ever happen, it'd work best if it were set in the same world, but with a new main character.

Manny has moved on, his part in this twisted tale is over. But there are many like him in the land of the dead. To make sure it still feels like it's a sequel there'd have to be plenty of tie-ins and references to Grim Fandango, such as visiting different parts of the same areas (imagine visiting a part of Rubacava we never saw before, not being able to visit any of the old places from the previous game but still see them in the distance and such).

Characters who knew / knew of Manny and his comerades could also provide interesting references. For example, talking to some guy in a city could turn out to be somebody who was a regular in the late Calavera Cafe, and have some stuff to say about our previous hero.

You know, stuff like that. Of course, this is all wishful thinking.. but it keeps me busy.

You know, that is brilliant. It would give me the same happy/longing feeling that I felt when Manny visited Rubacava the second time.

I'm not exactly anti-sequel, but on the other hand I'm even further from being pro-sequel. What I would like to see is the release of some kind of extended production portfolio, with concept art, music, storylines, deleted scenes etc, with maybe some posters and other bric-a-brac thrown in. An official re-release of the OST would also be nice, even better if some of the tracks that never made the original print were included.

• 2 weeks later...

Folks, there's lots of room for a "sequel". I can think of several choices for GF2.

1. Forget a sequel, do a prequel. How the hell DID LeMans get into power??? Centre it on that! Yes folks, you CAN center a game on the bad guy. Which means you could see the beginnings of Salvador Limones (God bless him), and just about every other character.

2. Run a game who's story takes place in around the same time as the first game. Maybe run it a year ahead or behind GF. That way, what Manny does in the original has a direct impact on what happens in GF2. And you can include some characters that are gone at the end of GF.

3. A sequel. Remember, there could be quite a mess to clean up after the sprouting of Hector LeMans. And what happens to the LSA? And Eva? The DOD would have to be completely restructured. Eva would make a great new main character.

Cheers! Sal.

Archived