Home

Darth Malak

ksk h2o

Darth Malak

The modelling is just about all done (besides some minor tweaks) on Darth Malak. Still need to map, skin and weigh the puppy.

1.jpg2.jpg

This model is part of my grayfox2 project. What is the gf2 project... it is a series of models formed from my old grayfox model (such as darth malak) and also weapons models to go with these characters (grayfox's katana, etc).

The models will be a custom model type (like the ones in SP) where you will be able to select one of multipe heads, torsos and legs (so yea you will be able to have malak's head on fox and any other body type from the other characters mixed together).

I'll update malak's progress seperately since he seems to draw a lot of attention. I'll be making a thread on the GF2 project once it is past a certain point in progress.

Cheers,

ksk

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back ksk.

Would you perhaps, allow me to beta test this, like gray fox? I'd certainly love that.

Also, thanks, i was going to request this today, and you posted a wip. Thank ye.

EDIT: I'm looking over the model, and the proporsions aren't exactly right, his shoulders are more broad than that. The fingers in the game were quite long to boot. ;)

Hi guys, thanks for the fast replies.

Nice to see some familiar people after so long! It's been a long time Caladien... Yes malak's mask does come off. Here's a screen shot of it close up on and off:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hi hellfire, I've mostly been luring around lately. You're right about his shoulders being broader in the kotor game. I don't quite like the body proportions the KOTOR model has since it gives him anatomically impossible width shoulders, skinny legs and arms. I some of the few things I was planning on tweaking was his chest (it is a litle flatter and the pectorals are more of one unique shape rather than being able to see each one as you can right now. I'll beef up his shoulders a bit more but not so much as to make him look weird. His hands are there to stay though since I'm going to have a hell of a time weighing in this model (it's part of a multi model pack you see) and I think his cape and belt are going to give me a hard enough time without dealing with longer fingers than normal.

I do need some shcreen shots other than the ones available online and I do not want to play through kotor once again to get some cloe up screenshots. The only saves I have in the game are towards the end and I exploited the ending scene images of malak as much as I could. Some other screenies of him close up on his face, body and especially the sceenhot of him without his mask would be great.

I modeled the lower portion of his face from what I could remember (top teeth remaining and basically no chin, no lips etc). But it woul dbe nice to see what that mechanic throat looked like so I can include it in the skin.

I've modified the upper chest and shoulders to make them larger.

Although the screenshots don't make the shoulders look broad, they are quite large right now. I think you'll have a better view once he is in game.

Thermal, you're skinning offer is well appreciated. I'm not much of a skinner myself. I was going to use the screen shots and images of him that I already had to put together a skin. I will definitely need some help either with this or some of the other models in the pack.

As for the Jedi Malak... well... I would need to see screenshots of him that way once again. One of the torso's of the model pack is wearing some sort of armor and has that high collar thing around the neck that Jedi Malak had. The model pack already has 5 torso's/legs and quite a few heads. If one of them can't really make it to being Jedi malak, I don't think I'll be making a 6th model in the pack for Jedi malak.

I'll post screenshots of the other models under a new thread soon.

Archived