Home

Modding tools

Mex

Does anyone have any idea after the game is released if modding tools will be available?

It would be nice to design a custom skin for some Imperial troops or create a map for you and your friends to have countless battles on. Sounds pretty cool eh?

*Hopes that modding tools will be released*

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by imyourfather

It's kind of silly wanting to edit a game that hasn't come out yet. :rolleyes:

I disagree.

It's good to be prepared, Mike ;)

They probably will release modding tools, but LucasArts havent excactly been very good on allowing modding :(

Originally posted by acdcfanbill

to totally complete the circle, there should be a WW2 mod developed for Battlefront, no? :D

No. BF1942 devs will probably go mad. :rolleyes:

I doubt there'll be much editing flexibilty simply because this game is more aimed at thos annoying console gamers. Look at KOTOR and LOTR:ROTK. They were both console + PC games with very little modding ability. Even if there are mods, they'll be nothing like those of Jedi Outcast.

JA has an immense editing community, though I don't see why you would do anything besides map making. Gameplay mods? Naah.. Models? naah, you got the different standard ones defining what class he is.. I can only see admin mods here, but if it's set up kinda like enemy territory with the voting theres no need to.. (team games are not at all like JA)

Originally posted by Excelsion

No. BF1942 devs will probably go mad. :rolleyes:

I doubt there'll be much editing flexibilty simply because this game is more aimed at thos annoying console gamers. Look at KOTOR and LOTR:ROTK. They were both console + PC games with very little modding ability. Even if there are mods, they'll be nothing like those of Jedi Outcast.

KOTOR has very little modding ability but if you look at Echonetwork.net you'll see that they have found two modifications out already. So anything is possible! ^-^

Originally posted by Michaelmexp

KOTOR has very little modding ability but if you look at Echonetwork.net you'll see that they have found two modifications out already. So anything is possible! ^-^

Yeah, I guess. Editing had better be good for this game. Otherwise the Ewok army might not be created!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by The_One

As I said in another thread...

If they do everything we want for this game, and it lives up to its full potential, then we won't need to mod it :D

Yeh, but modding things is fun. :p

I guess really all that we would be able to mod is Ships and Player models if they do release anything.... making a world seems kinda hard, so I doubt that they will do that. :(

Sure, some mods look better, but they lag up the game, and you know it.

I've modded plenty of times before. I used to mess around with the Jedi Knight games and the X-Wing line.

I'm not saying it's not fun. But I'm saying that if you can make the game better, why don't you get inthe industry?

-- Lingo

P.S. -- Not a flame, just a fact.

Originally posted by VanLingo

I've modded plenty of times before. I used to mess around with the Jedi Knight games and the X-Wing line.

I'm not saying it's not fun. But I'm saying that if you can make the game better, why don't you get inthe industry?

-- Lingo

P.S. -- Not a flame, just a fact.

I've made mods for my own use (none I consider good enough to be released online), and I'm only 13. Modding is fun, it lets you put in what you think should be in the game. Also, its actually very hard for someone to leave their current job for a job in the industry. Some people do it in their free time.

Only if they aren't made well - for example, a model without multiple LODs, in a game that supports it.

Also, its actually very hard for someone to leave their current job for a job in the industry. Some people do it in their free time.

As it happens, right now I'm a student, and cannot join the gaming industry at the moment. However, I'll probably try to at some point (although whether I'll get in is an open question, like Excelsion said).

Archived