Home

Anti-Air

lukeiamyourdad

i think that ground troops should get something to take down air vehicles. maybe it could be a special class with mini proton torpedoes or something. and who is to say that rocket launchers are "un-star warsy". there were rocket launchers in the clone wars cartoon shorts and the rocket launcher in jedi academy doesn't seem out of place.

I bet it is gonna be like the BF:1942 anti air gun where it can swivel 360 degrees, and can go 90 degrees upwards. Except they will be larger like the guns in episode two when the clones take down the star ship. Also maybe smaller laser cannons will be available.

I sure hope they dont have built in guns, that would make it look two ww2 like, and probably ruin the star wars feeling.

Yes, there should be a mountable anti air cannon, or similar, at each side's base. Then one class should get an anti-air rocket launcher of sorts - however, they should be virtually immobile when they have this armed.

That should balance things out :)

Originally posted by The_One

Yes, there should be a mountable anti air cannon, or similar, at each side's base. Then one class should get an anti-air rocket launcher of sorts - however, they should be virtually immobile when they have this armed.

That should balance things out :)

i agree. :)

That would also encourage other teammates to cover the guy with the anti air missiles, since he would be vulnerable ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by eastcoast2895

just wanted to note that in the new trailer there is a rebel with a rocket launcher that takes out an atst easily. maybe it will do the same to space fighters.

Indeed there is, but a simple rocket launcher ain't the best anti-air you can get. You know the Stingers in DC? Only thing you could hit were choppers flying at a very low speed.

Torpedoes? You're not actually planning on hitting anything, are you? You should be able to use concussion missles instead. Much faster. Homing too.

Oh, and heavy weapon goons should be able to use thier E-Webs thingys against aircraft.

Originally posted by Craftsman

Hmm. Homing missiles would be fun. Also do u think it better when vehicles blow up like in 1942 or like in Halo when its just the player dies.

Well obviously the vehicle will blow up. If you look at the trailer, the rebel trooper does blow up the AT-ST.

Blowing them up is better. Then they can't just pick it up so easily. You have to go around and steal vehicles from the enemy base which makes it a bit funnier :D and harder of course.

i think it probably will be hard to use spaceships in some levels. like endor because of the trees, and maybe hoth because they might not be adapted to the cold like in the movie. anyway i hope the heavy weapons unit will have anti-air rockets, or your side will have a ship to shoot down theirs or something.:D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived