Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New version of Kotor Tool posted today.

v1.0.1732.40179 (2004-9-29)

Features/updates:

• At the request of Achilles: Added the ability to set the 'dropable' property for Creatures' and Placeables' Inventory items. Pack items drop-ability is set via a checkbox in the grid, and for equpped items, it is set via a context (right-click) menu.
  • New Merchant (UTM) Editor

Ok.. I'm having two problems with it.. the first one (only because I can still see the error window) happens when I try to open anything with kotor tool (but not with the 2da editor)

It could not find a file called dialong.tlk in C:\

The exact text is: "Could not file file "C:\dialog.tlk".

When I click on details it says this:

Edited by Darth333: lenghty debugging output removed. Fred has seen it - as per his request, use e-mail for this next time

... I have no idea what that means.

I have .NET Framework installed and updated.

So does anyone have any clue as to what is going wrong?

If you check Fred's KotOR Tool thread you'll see that he released a new version that fixes this issue.

Unfortunately Achilles I can speak from using the newest version just posted on his site as of yesterday or so that the error still occurs not only that but the new version no longer runs an image editor.

I have had continuos problems of this nature however I was chalking most of them up to windows 2000 pro because I've had similiar problems prior to kotor tool. that and alot of these errors are direct results of the files kotor tool is calling from. kotor tool uses all the default 2da files for alot of the utc, uti, utp files so it will generate an error any time one of these files makes a call outside of what is defined in the original file such as appearance.2da with a custom recruit because there is no more than 508 appearance references if you have a 509th that your utc file calls too it will pop the error that selenitymoon has below except it will say something to the effect of invalid array(509).

And yes I have loaded my registration key.(so thats not it)

Does KT open at all for you? Is KotOR installed in the Defualt Directory (you know C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR)

If it is not then you will have to Set the Paths Manually (you might want to read this page Intro to KT To help you get started with KT.

The Image viewer works Fine <but you have to hold shift+ double left click to open it. Once it's open you can select the texture you want with the mouse then use the arrow keys to cycle through them.

For future Referance it would be best to PM Fred or post in the KT thread.

Originally posted by darkkender

Hate to spoil T7 but in the newest version that shift+double click doesn't work.(just tried it) I was already planning to PM this evening anyway. I was just trying to locate my error log I created to forward onto fred.

Hmm, thats odd it works fine for me. On version 1.0.1732.40179 Although help file won't load, and about only shows the icon And I can't use tpctotga anymore to Load the tex straight to PS but other than that it works Fine for me.

But really this should be in the KT thread so Im moving this thread.

ok Well I guess I'm not the only one with the helpfile problem and now that you mention the the tpctotga factor I hadn't even paid that one any mind earlier when I double clicked on a tpc and it just did nothing. I guess I need to be more attentive to the problems when I take notes to report bugs.

on a seperate note I do have to say I like the installer factor as well as the ability to associate files with kotor tool finally which in and of itself is a reason to celebrate.

The "Help" function wasn't working due to a major change required in Kotor Tool's design to support file associations and also because of the way it is installed.

I had also temporarily disabled external image viewer support so that I could fix a problem with it that I had been meaning to address for a looong time that would have cause other problems had I left it enabled.

Read the next announcement...

New version of Kotor Tool posted today.

v1.0.1733.18770 (2004-9-29)

Features/updates:

• Added "Clean Working Directory" menu item to Tools menu.
  • Fixed bug that was preventing Help from opening from menu.
  • Reinstated external image viewer/editor support. Function no longer requires TPC2TGA.

Heh heh, I hear you there!

Sometimes things just go perfectly and I can code a fully-formed idea in a short time. The "dropable" property on inventory, complete with GFF field additions, parsing, right-click menu on the equipped inventory and checkboxes in the grid (which I have never done before) took about 3 hours. The UTM editor took about 1.5 hours :D

At least I don't have to pick the version number; that's generated automatically!

I just wonder why 2 of my conversation files can't be opened by the Conversation Editor. :confused: I modified the lev40_carth.dlg file with tk's editor, but when I want to open it with the Kotor Tool editor, I get this setup error:

Failed to load resources from resource file

Please check your setup

and the tool ends after clicking "OK". But the setup can't be wrong because it works with all the other files except one: With Mekel's personal conversation file from my mod, I don't even get an error message, it just crashes. Both of them work fine in the game and can be opened with the editor from tk, so it's not a desaster; I just wonder what's the reason for it. :confused:

Could it be the IsChild field causing problems?

As far as I know, Fred enforces Bioware's documentation on the subject, while I (and KotOR) do not.

Tanesh, did you perform a Paste as Copy in DLGEditor, creating a circular reference in the dialog?

There have been a number of people who've been getting "chitin.key" errors and I have traced the problem down to the fact that their file refers to "custpackiv.bif" or sometimes "custpacki.bif" through "custpackiv.bif" (custom packs 1-4?). I'm not sure what these are used for, other than they contain models, mdx's and what I would guess are some portrait TGA's.

If anyone has any info on these, please contact me via email.

Originally posted by Fred Tetra

There have been a number of people who've been getting "chitin.key" errors and I have traced the problem down to the fact that their file refers to "custpackiv.bif" or sometimes "custpacki.bif" through "custpackiv.bif" (custom packs 1-4?). I'm not sure what these are used for, other than they contain models, mdx's and what I would guess are some portrait TGA's.

If anyone has any info on these, please contact me via email.

Here's a shot in the dark...

http://kotor.forgottenwars.net/

BTW, just checked out the new utm feature....INCREDIBLE!

Originally posted by Achilles

Here's a shot in the dark...

http://kotor.forgottenwars.net/

It's not a shot in the dark Achilles, you are probably right on target. :D

Those .bif files you are talking about Fred are probably the 4 PC Customisation Packs released by the modders at http://kotor.forgottenwars.net/ using their easy to use, for them, but complicated to everyone else, KISS Tool, from what I could gather it makes a .bif file instead of putting files into override.

EDIT:

Originally posted by Achilles below

But we have tutorials now :D

But... I thought tutorials are supposed to instruct people how to do something useful, like installing a common mod with their Tool, step-by-step start-to-finish, not show a single script for installing a limited use mod and explain just that, then expect the masses to suddenly "get it"... raise them up on their shoulders and carry them around while cheering their names.

If they want the KISS Tool to truely be useful I have one word for them... GUI.

And Fred I also just tried the .utm editor, man... if I only had that a week ago... J/K... Awesome work Fred! :D

Archived