Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

A new version of Kotor Tool has been posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2192.37362 (2006-1-1 21:54)

Features/updates:

• Eliminated redundant loading of chitin.key file during model extraction
  • Label font and color can now be set in the Module editor
  • Module editor now restores the last X-Y scroll position of the map when opening a module
  • Adjusted Volume Variation range in Sound (UTS) editor
  • "Show Maps supported by Module editor" now shows maps in alphabetical order
  • Fixed XML Load/Save bug in the UTI editor
  • Game script version selection in Text Editor no longer allows you to pick both versions
  • Script compilation in Text Editor now reports errors correctly
  • Fixed "broken" Delete key in Text Editor
  • Text editor now has: list of functions available in NWScript file specific to each game
    with function name filtering; click to show function definition; double-click to paste function
    name; and context menu to show definition for a selected NWScript-defined function.
  • Module editor now handles missing files more gracefully when "Show Tags" is activated
  • Fixed Module editor centering view on just-deleted items
  • Text editor now shows line numbers (this is a test; it may or may not remain a feature...)

New MapInfo.bfd (v1.2006.0101.1) and maps to support these modules has been posted:

• 001ebo - Ebon Hawk interior
  • 002ebo - Ebon Hawk exterior
  • 103per - Peragus fuel depot
  • 105per - Peragus dormitories

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even with the newest version, I'm still getting the same error message, and I've trid all the things mentioned above. Is there anyhting else I can do?

So you're certain the path the game actually exists at matches the registry entry for it and the path for that game version in Kotor Tool's Path Manager dialog box?

Yes, I'm positive. I checked twice with the older version, and three times with the newest one.

Post the error message details (sans the "loaded assemblies" part); perhaps that will help. You can also try reinstalling the game :) Drastic, but sometimes....

BTW Tetra with the new version the new maps bfd from the maps installer and the maps downloaed from the new site when ever I try to extract for the module editor I get the following error message

Cannot find the assembly MapInfo Generator

Version=1.0.2103.15866, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Under details it says this

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Runtime.Serialization.SerializationException: Cannot find the assembly MapInfo Generator, Version=1.0.2103.15866, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, String name)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap..ctor(String objectName, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectMap.Create(String name, String[] memberNames, BinaryTypeEnum[] binaryTypeEnumA, Object[] typeInformationA, Int32[] memberAssemIds, ObjectReader objectReader, Int32 objectId, BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, SizedArray assemIdToAssemblyTable)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryObjectWithMapTyped record)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadObjectWithMapTyped(BinaryHeaderEnum binaryHeaderEnum)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)

at kotor_tool.frmMapInfoStatus.ReadMapInfoFile()

at kotor_tool.frmMain.cmiExtractForModuleEditing_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at kotor_tool.frmMain.btnExtractForModuleEditing_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I uninstalled the old version and installed the new version downloaded the maps from your new site and the bfd installer and the maps are in my maps directory. This happens when I select the module rim and do extract for module editing or if I select Show maps supported under tools.

Ok I download the mapinfo.bfd file the manual one and now it works sorry about taking up your time.

Excuse me Tetra I have a question.

Will there be new maps>? I recently heard about people editing a maps gff file can you explain this to me.

I just added 4 new maps:

• 001ebo - Ebon Hawk interior
  • 002ebo - Ebon Hawk exterior
  • 103per - Peragus fuel depot
  • 105per - Peragus dormitories

Others will come as time permits...

I've just posted an even newer design of the Kotor Tool web site, based on the fine work of MacLeodCorp, converted to a frames- and PHP-based configuration for easier maintenance.

The indication of the latest version number & date, latest feature updates, and list of maps is all done automatically when I post a new version of Kotor Tool. This should save me 1/2 - 1 hour per update, which is almost enough time to make another map! :)

I would like to thank MacLeodCorp yet again for his fine efforts. (He even put in extra time over the holidays to make sure you would all have something nice to look at!)

I've just posted an even newer design of the Kotor Tool web site, based on the fine work of MacLeodCorp, converted to a frames- and PHP-based configuration for easier maintenance.

The indication of the latest version number & date, latest feature updates, and list of maps is all done automatically when I post a new version of Kotor Tool. This should save me 1/2 - 1 hour per update, which is almost enough time to make another map! :)

I would like to thank MacLeodCorp yet again for his fine efforts. (He even put in extra time over the holidays to make sure you would all have something nice to look at!)

Oh good! You were able to convert the page to frames. :) Happy to help Fred!

The Module Editor maps download section now offers the ability to view a thumbnail image for the map (when available).

[Edit]

Maps for:

201tel

207tel

502ond

610dan

904mal

906mal

were not uploaded last night; they are now really available.

Also, 851nih was misnamed; this has been fixed and it is now available.

Here are the details from the error message that you asked for, Fred. I just copy/pasted the whole thing.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk".

File name: "C:\dialog.tlk"

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean useAsync, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at kotor_tool.clsDialogTlk..ctor(String path, Boolean memoryResident)

at kotor_tool.clsGFF..ctor(FileStream fs, Int32 KotorVerIndex, Boolean RTF_Mode)

at kotor_tool.frmMain.OpenGFFFileInEditor(String filepath, Int32 formLocationOffset)

at kotor_tool.frmMain.miOpenGFFFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

[FT <snip>]

Here are the details from the error message that you asked for, Fred. I just copy/pasted the whole thing.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file "C:\dialog.tlk".

Ok, email me in a Zip file: 1) the file you're trying to open, and, 2) your settings.xml file.

Also, which version(s) of KotOR (I and/or II) do you have installed?

Has the file you're trying to open ever been edited with Kotor Tool before? If so, open it using the "View GFF files as Text" menu item and tell me what the three KTxxx (e.g. KTInfoVersion, etc.) field's values are.

A new version of Kotor Tool has been posted today.

If you're manually downloading, check that the version number is the one below.

v1.0.2193.42740 (2006-1-2 23:50)

Features/updates:

• Kotor Tool setup now installs a DLL for the text editor that was missing in the prior release.

Is anyone having any problems with the new version of Kotor Tool double clicking on a TPC and instead of opening the Image Viewer getting and error

File or assembly name HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox, or one of its dependecies, was not found

Under Deteails says

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox, or one of its dependencies, was not found.

File name: "HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox"

at kotor_tool.frmMain.HandleDataByNodeType(KotorTreeNode node, Object sender)

[FT <snipped to relevant info only>]

I tried it with both new versions the one released on 1-1 and the one released on 1-2 if I use the version on the old Kotor Tools site (the comcast.net one) it works fine. I am running unpatched TSL with .net framework 2.0

This is for Kotor 2

At first: Great new site!

And in the Help menu, the "About" window is black! I don't know if this is only on my PC. I only want notice it.

And if I click double on a *.mdl data there come this message.

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen

finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung, anstatt in diesem Dialogfeld.

************** Ausnametext **************

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Datei- oder Assemblyname 'HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox' oder eine Abhänigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden.

Dateiname: HH_dev.Controls.LinenumberTextBox

at kotor_tool.frmMain.HandleDataByNodeType(KotorTreeNode node, Object sender)

[FT <snipped to relevant info only>]

Ups, its German! Sorry, but I think you understand it(I hope so! If not, ask me).

Fred, I hate to add to the list of things to check up on and fix but erm ... whenever I click to download the latest version of Kotor Tool it gives me the following message:

Either a referer was not sent or it was from another domain. The attempt has been logged and action will be taken if necessary.

Please be aware that download applications that hide referers, such as GetRight, GoZilla! and Download Accelerator Plus, will prevent you from downloading files here.

It is recommended that you disable the download managers and use your browsers in-built downloader. [/Quote]

The strangest thing is that I'm not using a download manager or accelerator. In an attempt to get the latest version I told Kotor Tool to check fo updates but it couldn't find any - I suppose that is obvious because it is still linking to the old site. I was just wondering about what could be done to resolve the issue. But as always, Fred, those maps look like fantastic work! How did you come up with that name anyway ... unless it is your real name. I'm just curious as to if it has any meaning.

Fred, I hate to add to the list of things to check up on and fix but erm ... whenever I click to download the latest version of Kotor Tool it gives me the following message:

The strangest thing is that I'm not using a download manager or accelerator. In an attempt to get the latest version I told Kotor Tool to check fo updates but it couldn't find any - I suppose that is obvious because it is still linking to the old site. I was just wondering about what could be done to resolve the issue. But as always, Fred, those maps look like fantastic work! How did you come up with that name anyway ... unless it is your real name. I'm just curious as to if it has any meaning.

Since I cannot answer any of your other questions yet, I'll tell you about my handle.

I have never liked the goofy, difficult to pronounce names some fantasy authors give their characters just to be "authentic".

When I started playing an RPG-like "Eye of the Beholder" on a '286 computer way back when, I named my characters Fred, Mike, Mary, and Steve. Fred turned out to be a very handy character and I've kept using that name. I also do it as a joke; my family thinks it is funny that in every game, from racing to platformer, I name my character or profile "Fred" as a purposely non-creative name, while they will spend (waste?) precious game-playing time "customizing" theirs. My spare time is more limited, (unless I give up Kotor Tool development. Hmmm.... more free time.... more games....), so I prefer to get right to the action. As for the last name, it just popped into my head when I created my 1st KotOR character. :D One of the Kotor Tool users has told me that Tetra means something in his language, but I can't remember what (or which language!) :)

@rgdelta and Joris1:

I discovered that the 2006-1-1 release's setup program did not install a DLL (which your error messages are showing) that is needed for the text editor. The new version, v1.0.2193.42740 (2006-1-2 23:50), has this fixed. The new version of Kotor Tool uses "RTFLinenumberTextBox.dll" now.

@DIS:

I'll add them to the list

@all

I'm currently working on the maps for 401dxn and 402dxn. Are they large!

Archived