Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

Does it need to be just on the C drive? That's where the computer wants to look for it. I went to File>Manage Paths, but it was set to the KotOR directory, just as it should be.

EDIT: I just checked my Kotor Tool directory, and there is no dialogue.tlk file. Should there be?

Also, there is nothing in my Maps folder. Shouldn't there be some stuff in there?

EDIT2: I was incorrect above. I can open .2da files, I just can't opne .uti ones, whiich happen to be the ones I think I'm gonna need to edit most often.

Kotor Tool looks for dialog.tlk in the game's directory, and this usually error occurs when Kotor Tool can read the registry entries for the particular Kotor game you're editing for, but the files aren't where the registry says they are.

Using Regedit,

(For K1)

Look in HKLM\SOFTWARE\BioWare\SW for the Path key value

(For K2)

Look in HKLM\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2 for the Path key value

Make sure that the game actually exists in the appropriate directory, then report back.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The game is installed in C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR.

There is a file called dialogue.tlk in the KotOR directory. How do I get the computer to find it?

1. Is the game installed path the same as the one in the registry?

2. Kotor Tool doesn't need a dialog.tlk file in its folder to use it.

1. Is the game installed path the same as the one in the registry?

Me being the idiot that I am, I don't know what you mean.

Using Regedit, (Start menu, then Run..., type in REGEDIT, then press enter)

1. Navigate through the tree to find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE node under My Computer and expand it

2. Find the SOFTWARE node under that and expand it

3. The next step depends on which version of the game you're working on.

(For K1)

4. Find the BioWare node and expand it

5. Find the SW node and expand it

(continue with 6 below)

(For K2)

4. Find the LucasArtsfor the Path key value

5. Find the KotOR2 node and expand it

6. Click on the Path node and look at the value assigned to it

The value is where the game should be installed and is what Kotor Tool uses to determine where the dialog.tlk and other files are.

It should be C:/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR in your case. If not adjust it to match.

I've worked on a few new maps for Kotor Tool;

• 001ebo - Ebon Hawk interior
  • 002ebo - Ebon Hawk exterior
  • 103per - Peragus fuel depot
  • 105per - Peragus dormitories

Once the new web site is up and I have the map download page in place, it should be much easier to find maps for the modules you want to edit (and easier for me to keep up to date, too!)

I've worked on a few new maps for Kotor Tool;

• 001ebo - Ebon Hawk interior
  • 002ebo - Ebon Hawk exterior
  • 103per - Peragus fuel depot
  • 105per - Peragus dormitories

Once the new web site is up and I have the map download page in place, it should be much easier to find maps for the modules you want to edit (and easier for me to keep up to date, too!)

Looks good :D When everything is ready, I'll fix the link on the other website.

Same here for the mirror link on my site :D

Looks fantastic Fred.. and I'm looking forward to seeing your new design MacLeodCorp I'm sure it's going to be awesome! :emodanc:

Update: @ 3:00 on Dec 31st

I promised Fred the site yesterday, but holiday plans keep interfering. I have about an hours worth of work on the site to finish, and then I can get it to Fred. For the past few days, I have been working on the site, and cleaning for New Years. I am so close in being finished, that it is freaking me out... I am gong to do some work on the site before 9:00 tonight. I will be very close to finish by the end of today... Actually, I am getting off soon, and maybe I can finish it before tonight... I don't want to let Fred down. He has worked hard on his KotOR Tool...

Update: @ 3:27 on Dec 31st

**Start Vader's Music Here**

Website is 98.5% Ready for Fred's Review. I have about 15 to 20 minutes left in production.

Update: @ 4:28 on Dec 31st

**Start Vader's Music Here**

Website it 99.5% Ready for Fred's Review. I have a few minutes left in production.

Actually, I figured MacLeodCorp might be off on vacation, so I took matters into my own hands... muahahahahah!

You can check out the work (or damage <grin>) at: http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

Some of the links aren't up yet, but you can at least get an idea of what it'll look like.

I am still writing the PHP scripts to automatically generate the map download section, since HTML that produces a "nice-to-look-at" page is invariably hard to maintain manually. My script reads a file created by the map calibration data generator, so things will always stay in sync. All I have to do is upload a single file additional file besides the maps and MapInfo.bfd files and the script does the rest.

Actually, I figured MacLeodCorp might be off on vacation, so I took matters into my own hands... muahahahahah!

You can check out the work (or damage <grin>) at: http://kotortool.starwarsknights.com/

Some of the links aren't up yet, but you can at least get an idea of what it'll look like.

I am still writing the PHP scripts to automatically generate the map download section, since HTML that produces a "nice-to-look-at" page is invariably hard to maintain manually. My script reads a file created by the map calibration data generator, so things will always stay in sync. All I have to do is upload a single file additional file besides the maps and MapInfo.bfd files and the script does the rest.

Why did the pages fall apart? I just noticed the color scheme you used, so I will go back and change the colors on my set. All the tables on the pages fell apart? Everything should be alinged flush top, but they are not? What are you using to generate a PHP page?

Why did the pages fall apart? I just noticed the color scheme you used, so I will go back and change the colors on my set. All the tables on the pages fell apart? Everything should be alinged flush top, but they are not? What are you using to generate a PHP page?

Since the site was layed out a bit different than I wanted, I knew your spare time was scarce, and I wanted to get things up for the users ASAP, I commented out some of the table rows and made some other minor adjustments and spelling corrections. Mostly I removed the downloads, since they're going on their own auto-generated page. Since your design used tables instead of frames, maintaining the same identical "right side" content on several pages to keep them synced would have made maintenance a pain for me. :)

Removing some of the rows did mess up the top-flush-ness, but I should be able to fix that later.

As far as generating the PHP code, I'm not sure what you mean. I am writing it by hand using a text editor, if that helps.

Since the site was layed out a bit different than I wanted, I knew your spare time was scarce, and I wanted to get things up for the users ASAP, I commented out some of the table rows and made some other minor adjustments and spelling corrections. Mostly I removed the downloads, since they're going on their own auto-generated page. Since your design used tables instead of frames, maintaining the same identical "right side" content on several pages to keep them synced would have made maintenance a pain for me. :)

Removing some of the rows did mess up the top-flush-ness, but I should be able to fix that later.

As far as generating the PHP code, I'm not sure what you mean. I am writing it by hand using a text editor, if that helps.

I get it now... Hehehe... Sorry for the mess up. :)

At the moment, I am finishing up what I have here. After I am done, I will send the pages right over to you. I didn't relieze that you were writting PHP through a text editor. I am using Adobe GoLive and Dream Weaver. I am able to drag and drop, write PHP, and HTML in one program. Most of the stuff I am able to do is automated. If there are errors in code, I can find and fix them quickly. Both of the programs I use highlight errors, so I am able to fly through page construction.

As of this morning, I have not checked for spelling errors. Was there alot of errors? Most of the work I did was thru copying and pasting your original text.

Added Edit::

After I give you this upcoming set, I will review the changes you made, and see if I can come up a version that will ease your pain.. Hehehe... :)

Oh wow! The site looks great! :thumbsup:

And hey, thanks for the linkage, but it really wasn't necessary. My site is kinda a hodge-podge of stuff and not strictly related to KotOR & TSL. My feelings won't be hurt if you remove it...

or, If you'd rather just link to the Maps download page, I have scripted my site to load seperate URL page calls within my frameset even if it's called from outside the main index (gotta keep it pretty.. hehehe):

http://www.jumpstationz.com/KotorToolMaps/

If you use that link, users will be taken directly to Fred's Maps, but still retain my frameset (no messed up background or missing navigation calls). This way, users won't feel obligated to browse through my site if they don't want to :)

Again though, thanks for the consideration.. and the site looks fantastic! Great job MacLeodCorp! :thumbsup:

Oh wow! The site looks great! :thumbsup:

And hey, thanks for the linkage, but it really wasn't necessary. My site is kinda a hodge-podge of stuff and not strictly related to KotOR & TSL. My feelings won't be hurt if you remove it...

or, If you'd rather just link to the Maps download page, I have scripted my site to load seperate URL page calls within my frameset even if it's called from outside the main index (gotta keep it pretty.. hehehe):

http://www.jumpstationz.com/KotorToolMaps/

If you use that link, users will be taken directly to Fred's Maps, but still retain my frameset (no messed up background or missing navigation calls). This way, users won't feel obligated to browse through my site if they don't want to :)

Again though, thanks for the consideration.. and the site looks fantastic! Great job MacLeodCorp! :thumbsup:

In a few seconds, I will be sending Fred the pages. I had to change colors and such. The original site was not falling apart. Fred is trying to edit the site, so he can update it smoothly. Unfortunatly, the HTML (Tables) are conflicting with his PHP. However, that will not be a problem. After I send him the current set, I will send Fred a template with nothing inside. Therefore, he may be able to find another solution.

:) I am just honored to help him out. :)

I have one tiny thing to take care of, and then the pages will be sent off...

8:06

:) And it is off to Fred... :)

I deleted the xml, and I still get the same error message.

EDIT: I've opened the enw setting.xml file as a txt document, and found a whole mess of crap in there. Would you be able to send me the data that's supposed to be in there? Could that fix anything?

I don't mean to spoil the conversation, but I still haven't gotten the porblem fixed.

Very nice site Fred & MacLeodCorp!:thumbsup: I'll update the links at swk.com and post a newsbit tomorrow (I'd do it today but I'm not at home until tomorrow afternoon. If another moderator wants to and has the time to do it today, feel free to do so ).

(edit: btw, just wanted to let you know that the dl link for kt doesn't work. Other links work fine.)

Very nice site Fred & MacLeodCorp!:thumbsup: I'll update the links at swk.com and post a newsbit tomorrow (I'd do it today but I'm not at home until tomorrow afternoon. If another moderator wants to and has the time to do it today, feel free to do so ).

(edit: btw, just wanted to let you know that the dl link for kt doesn't work. Other links work fine.)

That's one of those small details I'm still working on. :)

At least now the "Latest version" and "Download KT" text is automatically generated so that I don't have to update the site in several places. The next thing is to get the "latest feature updates" part set up the same way. Anything I can do to reduce the administration efforts is a big plus! :)

Any word on an email account, Darth333?

Archived