Home

Battle Of Endor Siege WIP

monsoontide

Would You Like Me To Finish The Battle Of Endor SIEGE Map?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Like Me To Finish The Battle Of Endor SIEGE Map?

• Yes Please! Let me kill some Rebel Scum.
    • No Thanks. I'm waiting for SW:Battlefront

Hi folks. :D

Finally back at it.

Here are some early pics from the Battle Of Endor map I have been working on with help from SunBurn.

Theres 4 main zones:

1: Speeder Bike Chase/Battle Zone (With Speeder Bikes)

2: Imperial Research Outpost (What the Rebel Commandoes had to deal with while Han & Co. were cuddling the Ewoks)

3: Bunker Battle Area (With AT-ST's & Maybe Ewok Gliders???)

4: Inside The Bunker

5: A bonus secret area!!!

I am wondering since Star Wars:Battlefront is now coming out, if anyone thinks it's worthwhile me finishing this map for Jedi Academy.

(P.S. My online portfolio is up and running again (about 90% of it works now!)

endor_00.jpg

endor_01.jpg

endor_02.jpg

endor_03.jpg

endor_04.jpg

endor_05.jpg

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First off, My vote goes for finishing the map. Battlefront is a different animal.

As far as constructive criticism goes, darken the fog. It looks like a forest in heaven. Secondly, I'm with GothiX on the tree texs. Find some better ones. The map does look very good, though. I really like the fallen tree in the 2nd pic. Nice atmosphere. Last set of pics look cool, but not too true to the movies. But who says you have to make it 100% like the movies?

Yeh, I'm with the others. Siege badly needs some cool new levels, and who better to provide them than the man who got Saga working for JO? Battlefront is really a different thing again. Also like the guys said, the fog is far too bright, and the tilled grass textures could do with breaking up/streching.

The interiors look really cool, though far too bright. All in all, this is such a cool idea and I really believe you can carry it off in style, I say go for it!

I like it so far. The white fog is a bit overpowering, IMHO. Maybe reconsider the color of it... I'm not sure what color you could really use for a forest (maybe a dark bluish-green or something), but the white is just too strong if you ask me..

Aside from that it looks quite nice, especially the bunker.

Anyone have any nice tree (Specifically redwoods/pines) textures/shaders? The ones I'm using are all I have and they're (As has been so kindly pointed out) a bit crap ;)

NB. The trees are built in Radiant so they are for the most part not models, so they will hurt if you crash into them on a speeder bike.

White fog is just so I can see what the fog is doing. Colour will be blueish I guess - if it's too dark, it looks light night (And very strange inside the bunker!). Still all in development.

If you're also doing a Endor map then don't let me stop you. People like to have options and if they don't like my map they may like yours!

Ah so you're building the endor one, saw some screenies on jedi-moves.com

Definitely keep working on this map, there is no bigger need for maps than in siege, and it actually looks very good! You'll just have to add more stuff in it (don't make it too big unless you put a lot of stuff on it, maps with open spaces are annoying)

keep up the good work! I searched for some texture places (I slightly remember visiting one months ago) but couldn't find them again

Bleeeeaaaaarrrrg.

It's the right idea, but that leaf texture is really crappy. It looks cel-shaded with white lines. Ick. Looks worse than the trees in Myst.

Seriously, though, that's about the right approach. Find a better leaf texture, make the leaves broader and thicker, compile em into .ASE models and you'd be all set.

give me some pics of a Redwood Leaf..

I've never seen one and didn't find anything useful in google ...

The Leaf Texture is just temp Stuff until I've found some Reference.

And actually the model already is in .ase format :D

Leaf Texture:

leafs2.jpg

I will create a Package including 5 - 10 different Redwood Models.

The one shown above will only be used in areas the player can't reach cause the model is very low on detail.

Those the player can see from near distance will be more Detailed specially the lower part of the trunk.

@monsoontide

If you can't find someone else to model you those trees what I find hard to believe (really nothing special just a few modified cylinders) I'll let you use mine (of course only if you want them. :D)

Oh and if it disturbs you in any way that I am abusing your thread ... tell me I'll move to another place then. ^^

Archived