Home

WTF of the Week!

Boba Rhett

[align=center]Seven dead at kite-flying festival[/align]

:indif: No, I'm not ****ting you. Read on,

"SEVEN people were killed and more than 100 injured in Pakistan during the annual kite flying festival marking the arrival of spring, officials said today.

An 18-month-old girl's throat was cut by a stray kite string while she was travelling with her parents on a motorbike, witnesses said, adding that she died on the spot.

Three people were electrocuted when metal wires they were using to fly or catch stray kites fell on live electric lines, and two people fell from roofs, hospital officials said.

A 12-year-old boy died while trying to catch a stray kite when he was hit by a car on a main road, police said.

More than 100 people had been reported injured since last night in various kite-related accidents, medical workers said. "

Linkamabob

The kites.... they're attacking. ALL OUR BASE ARE BELONG TO KITES, PEOPLE! MAKE YOUR PEACE! I personally welcome our new stringed overlords and offer my services in rounding up workers.

"What?!?

Somebody sent us up the KITE!"

"Gentlemen, make your peace, there is no time!"

All hail ZIG!! heh, haven't thought about that in a while! LOL!

Uhm...I mean, It's sad that 7 people died.... Good thing this didn't happen in France, they'd have surrendered to the kites.

Sounds to me that most of these folks shouldn't be flying kites at all. :rolleyes:

I can imagine this could end up listed on insurance applications as "High Risk Behavior" right beside auto racing and needle drugs.

Maybe it's going to become the newest extreme sport.

fun mean things to do when flying a kite

Put razor blades on the edges of your kite to snip the strings of other kites

Offer to launch other people's kites and then do so by strapping on bottle rockets

Stick a bomb onto your kite and fly it into a group of other kites then detonate

Intentionally lose you little brother's kite, especially if he has a twin w/ the exact same kite

:p

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

"SEVEN people were killed and more than 100 injured in Pakistan during the annual kite flying festival..."

"One child was injured by a stray bullet," deputy medical superintendent Dr Saqib Shafi told AFP.

Though firing guns is banned, people celebrate the spring festival by firing into the air, often causing casualties.

Casualties and frequent power outages caused by metal wires falling over power lines forced the government to ban the sale of kites and metal wire, but those restrictions were lifted this month to celebrate the festival, officials said."

I just want to take this oppertunity to now remind everybody that Pakistan has nukes.

Think about it.

Sleep well tonight.

Archived