Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

i'm a big noob at this and I was wondering where do you get the thingy called dialog.tlk from? Where in the game save? I use winzip

Mod Edit: Please do not type in all caps, it is considered shouting, and most people don't even bother to read posts in all or mostly caps, I have fixed your post for you this time. Thanks. -RH

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm a big noob at this and I was wondering where do you get the thingy called dialog.tlk from? Where in the game save? I use winzip

Dialog.tlk is installed with the game to the main game directory, typically;

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR for KotOR I

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2 for TSL (KotOR II)

It isn't part of the save game. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have a softmodded Xbox, and Ive been looking around for help with the KSE 3.3.3. Editor. Can someone in here help me? All I want to do is change the dudes name and maybe his attributes. I copied the UDATA folder to the PC and when I tell the program where to find it, it adds the UDATA folder under KotOR with a +, and when I click on it I get an error message. Do I need the KotOR tool and anything else to make this work, or am I just doing it wrong? Cause if I need KotOR tool im screwed cause I have dialup...... :( Oh, and if I am in the wrong place again, please tell me who to talk to/where to go. Thanx!

I copied the UDATA folder to the PC and when I tell the program where to find it, it adds the UDATA folder under KotOR with a +, and when I click on it I get an error message.

Hello,

KSE requires a specific directory structure with data files (and .sig files!) placed in their expected folders. The details are in kse-readme.txt.

Also, when editing your PC's or NPCs' names for Xbox, you must keep the same number of characters as before or you will get a "damaged save game" message on the Xbox. (I think I still need to add that to the kse-readme.txt!)

• 4 weeks later...
ok, so how do i use this? i have a mod, and someone advised to use this to make it work or something. I JUST WANT REVAN'S ROBES WITH THE HOOD UP! GOD DAMN!!

First off.. calm down and lose the 'tude... We'll be more than happy to help if you aren't going to snap on us ;)

Secondly, which mod are you having problems with? Have you considered that path (fixing the actual problem)... KSE can definitely fix it, but the problem mod may cause other unforseen problems if you don't either fix it or disable it (said mod)...

Let us know if you want to pursue using KSE to fix your problem, or if you'd rather have alternate suggestions for mods and/or fixing it :)

• 5 weeks later...

I am probably going to simply embarrass myself but...

I am new to the forums but I have read everything that seemed relevant. I am having difficulty with the KSE savegame editor. Using the pc version of KOTOR (no mod changes) I was able to change the NPC characters with no difficulty. With KOTOR2 (no mod changes), I cannot seem to change anything with the NPC characters (stats, appearance, class). For example, I wanted to add a Guardian class to Handmaiden immediately after adding her to the party (not patient enough to wait) and discovered I could change my pc character easy enough but nothing with the npc's. Am I missing a file? Corrupted KSE install? Or simply something I have overlooked? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi i'm a newbie.

Well now that's out the way, is there any way to change the dark side portraits? I can place a portrait for say po_pfha01 in the over ride folder, and then i use kse to replace the portrait. But only neutral portraits show up in the editor.. is there any way i can replace the negative alignment portraits?

Thanks a bucket.

Wolly..

Hi i'm a newbie.

Well now that's out the way, is there any way to change the dark side portraits? I can place a portrait for say po_pfha01 in the over ride folder, and then i use kse to replace the portrait. But only neutral portraits show up in the editor.. is there any way i can replace the negative alignment portraits?

Thanks a bucket.

Wolly..

Hey :D

You can always do a conversion for a certain character or the like by pulling out the original .tga files and editing them and dropping them back into the override folder. you can do both the portraits and the skins for the models themselves that way. I'd try doing a search for HeAdShOp Mod and it has all your questions I believe answered in there. A thread on Holowan Labs. ;)

Hope that helps a bit,

:ben:

General Kenobi

Hey :D

You can always do a conversion for a certain character or the like by pulling out the original .tga files and editing them and dropping them back into the override folder. you can do both the portraits and the skins for the models themselves that way. I'd try doing a search for HeAdShOp Mod and it has all your questions I believe answered in there. A thread on Holowan Labs. ;)

Hope that helps a bit,

:ben:

General Kenobi

Thanks! And to think, i aways thought you were just a fictional character..

-Wolly

I noticed a problem with KSE 3.3.3 showing quests for the DAP:HC (Dark Apprentice: Holowan Consortium) v1.00.23 mod :smash:. It doesn't show the proper text entry in the left-hand window, but instead shows what looks like the first 32K or so entries from "dialog.tlk". I suspect the problem has to do with the mod's entries in "global.jrl" having Text StringRef set to -1 for using local strings (rather than a positive value for looking it up from "dialog.tlk"), but I don't know for sure. And, if I click on one of those messed up quest entries, KSE crashes and exits with an error message. (If you need more info about the error, let me know.) Fortunately, it doesn't seem to cause problems with any other quests.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in need of help,

Don't know if this is related to the program or not but figured I'd post something here in thinking perhaps someone else has had this problem.

I'm Playing KOTORII and I just boarded the ebon hawk and got a message to return to dxum, but the problem is, everytime I go to leave to another planet it shows the movie and then where it should be loading it just goes directly to the game menu when you start up KOTORII and is frozen. I tried going other places as well but got the same result.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, I have tried the past 4 versions of KSE and none of them are working for me.

I am running winxp sp2

I only have KOTOR2 installed with no mods

I have tried versions:

3.3.2a

and 3.2.8

they all come up with the same error saying that there was a problem within the module perl58.dll

I have tried emptying the temp folder then rebooting and trying again, then I have tried reinstalling KOTOR2, downloaded all 4 versions of KSE from different hosts and nothing appears to solve the issue.

I'm sorry to hear you're having such problems. As a last ditch effort, you could try installing Perl 5.8.8 on your computer from ActiveState (free downalod) and then try KSE 3.3.3 again. Choose the Windows MSI x86.

Here is the download page: click

Here is the direct download link: click. (15.2Mb)

If that solves the problem please post so.

And welcome to the forums. :)

Archived