Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yup, i only have the one character, multiple saves fo him though, so t make sure i did it to all of them, and still nothing.

Am I doing something wrong? I go into KSE, it sees the saved games for TSL (Remember I only have the one character) along with the Autosave, and it lets me mess around with them. But when I load the game (after hitting commit changes, and after it says that it has successfully saved) there is no change whatsoever. I figure screwed up somewhere along the line...

• 2 weeks later...

I was playing Kotor 2 and I had a problem with fixing up hk-47. I aquired all the parts and when i got the last one it looked like I didnt even use any parts on him. So I downloaded kse to fix it so all the parts were there and now I cant even open my game. I am getting a message saying to reinstall the game

please help

• 3 weeks later...

I have downloaded kse ver. 332a (i'm using russian language). But this programm not worked for me :-(. He says:

tpm@tpm:~/.cedega/kotor2/c_drive/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR2$ wine kse_332a.exe

C:\windows\temp\pdk-tpm-8/Tk/X11/license.terms on disk corrupt at perlapp line 1144.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at perlapp line 1182.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at -e line 6.

rmtree failed: Directory not empty

tpm@tpm:~/.cedega/kotor2/c_drive/Program Files/LucasArts/SWKotOR2$

What can I do? I'm using Linux (Ubuntu 7.10, kernel 2.6.22-14-generic, cedega-engine ver. 6.0.2). Please, help me!

• 3 weeks later...
Just tried turning off Read-only and tried again, still doesn't work. But when I open the file again in KSE, the stats are how I left thm, they're just not showing in the game.

I'm having the same problem. I used KSE v.333 to edit a saved game. I used it to raise the attributes but when I tried to go back to the hide out it would take me back to the start menu. I couldn't figure out to fix it (I just did a full re-install) so I started a new game. I was messing with KSE to see if that may have been the problem and it seemed to happen b/c I raised the attributes...

Anyway, back on topic. So I decided to use the cheat console to raise the attributes and use KSE for the FEATS and such. Well the console cheats worked fine but then I couldn't get any of the changes I made with KSE to transfer to the game. They saved in the KSE screen but when I loaded the game up no changes had taken place. I did 2 more re-installs and and it still does the same thing.

When I had started a new game, I did notice it had saves from my first game on there but they weren't in my saves file. I found where they were and deleted them also, still the same problem.

Also, I just checked and I can't get my save folder to stay from saying read only. I click the box next to it to unselect it and then click apply and ok and when I go and check the properties it's back to being read only.

I'll post the specs of my machine if that'll be of any help. It's running Vista...

Have you been running KSE (and KOTOR) as an administrator? That solves 90% of Vista's problems. ;)

Yep. I just double checked to make sure and it's still the same problem. It's just strange as hell how it was working fine yesterday and now it's not working at all. Damn good program too...

Hmm...well, I think I know how to fix your "read only" problem. I had to do this to enable cheats. Right click the folder, go to properties, then permissions, and give your user full permission. Vista doesn't do this automatically like XP.

Though I doubt that's the cause of the KSE problem, but it doesn't hurt to try. ;)

Hmm...well, I think I know how to fix your "read only" problem. I had to do this to enable cheats. Right click the folder, go to properties, then permissions, and give your user full permission. Vista doesn't do this automatically like XP.

Though I doubt that's the cause of the KSE problem, but it doesn't hurt to try. ;)

Don't ask me how the hell I got it going but it's working again...maybe it was The Force.

I re-did EVERYTHING again and I also set the permissions to full so maybe that did have something to do with it. I dunno. But it's working again. :D

I loathe Vista...

Thanks for your help Carter. :thumbs1:

Also, just an FYI for those who are using the editor, I found that if you use it to raise your attributes it corrupts your saves, or at least it did to mine. Whenever I tried to go back into the hideout it would take me to the start menu. I loaded an earlier save before I changed them and it worked fine. Use the cheat console for those.

Hi, I've been trying to use KSE on TSL and it says it has been saved correctly, but when I load the game nothing has been changed. Any idea why this is?

I was having the same problem with mine. I figured out what was causing the problem, it was my anti-virus and/or anti-spyware. I shut both down and it works fine. Are you using Avast Anti-virus or Spyware Terminator? Those are the ones I have. It seems to not like them...

You cannot add or subtract items from the Xbox versions with KSE. There is no older version that is more compatible.

Please tell me this is going to be fixed eventually. I have searched the web extensively and cannot find anoter editor of your quality. The only thing missing in my opinion is the inventory features, especially for KOTOR: TSL. I know that you are busy on other projects, but I really hope this is completed at some point. Thanks for all you hard work, your editor is fantastic!!!

I would if I could but I don't have the formula for creating a valid HEADER.sig file that would allow the savegame size to grow or shrink in size (as it would if your inventory increased or decreased). Believe me I spent about two weeks trying to come up with it using the pieces I had available. Thanks for your compliment though. :)

I would if I could but I don't have the formula for creating a valid HEADER.sig file that would allow the savegame size to grow or shrink in size (as it would if your inventory increased or decreased). Believe me I spent about two weeks trying to come up with it using the pieces I had available. Thanks for your compliment though. :)

I don't know if this helps, I haven't seen this on the forums anywhere, but I was able to change the quantity of items I already had. Does that make any sense?

I noticed someone mentioned a problem with Force Jump back in 2006, and the cause we being an XBox player, but I am also having the problem with getting Force Jump to work on the PC.

I made Atton a Jedi Guardian and gave him Force Jump, and it shows up in the game, but it never gets used. I've had this problem before a couple of years ago when I played on and off, but it did correct itself once so I know it worked somehow before. But I stopped playing long ago, and now that I've reinstalled it and have had to start over, it's back. Any ideas?

Hey everyone. Thanks for this save game editor, though I only plan to use it for one thing.

I plan to use it to advance myself in the "Mission's Brother" quest because he isn't appearing.

I got questions though. Will there be any side effects?? And this isn't cheating right? I'm just progressing myself because of this stupid glitch.

Oh yeah, what is the Boolean and numeric thing for?

Alright, I've got a problem... I've installed kotor 2, made a override and installed some warp band thing... And I can't run KSE, I tried to re install the game, without adding the mod, and it still didn't open.. Any ideas what I should do?

• 2 weeks later...
Alright, I've got a problem... I've installed kotor 2, made a override and installed some warp band thing... And I can't run KSE, I tried to re install the game, without adding the mod, and it still didn't open.. Any ideas what I should do?

KSE doesn't open "how" exactly? Does nothing happen when you start it or does it close with an error? :)

I've been playing around with the idea of a Wookie Jedi PC for a couple of days and I did manage to use Hanharrs model and portrait, but I can't seem to get the PC to count as a Wookie racialwise. Is there a hidden feat or a switch to trigger this and would doing so be likely to break dialogue in the game? :)

It's not that I can't just opt not to equip him with any armour. I just like a sense om completion whenever possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived