Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a wierd bug I have never before encountered.

I've just beaten Dxun and I'm on Onderon.

I went in to KSE to edit Mandalore, and under the NPC category, he's not there, but he is in my party. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how I can fix it?

This is a wierd bug I have never before encountered.

I've just beaten Dxun and I'm on Onderon.

I went in to KSE to edit Mandalore, and under the NPC category, he's not there, but he is in my party. Does anyone know what the problem is, and how I can fix it?

Are you sure you're opening up the right saved game?

Hmm...I believe KSE isn't capable of removing party members that have to be with you on a certain planet (like Canderous on Onderon), or adding those that can't be with you (for instance Atton on Dxun, Kreia on Korriban, and your whole party on Malachor). So maybe he doesn't show up so that you don't do something you're not supposed to. Although, I don't see how editing his skills/feats/whatever would mess with anything. So maybe I'm way off. ;)

In the past, I've always been able to change hiim when on Onderon. However, i've always played male, so this time around, I decded to play female exile... perhaps the female exile story setup on mine has a bug with Mandalore... But how do I fix it?

Nah, I doubt that's the problem. If you've been able to edit him before, then ignore my last post. ;)

Have you tried moving to another module, saving again, and then editing that save? Could just be a one-time bug, or maybe restricted to that module.

interesting issue for me that could or could not be related to the save editor (and maybe i could resolve the issue with the editor anyways).

The handmaiden does not take damage when i spar with her on the Ebon Hawk

she did for the first fight, but now she won't, unless i'm supposed to lose the 2nd fight.

now is there any reason for this and/or is there a way to bypass the fights in the boolean/numeric options?

thanks for any assistance

1. Unzip KSE.

2. Read the kse-readme.txt

3. Try to launch kse_332.exe if it doesn't launch, try getting KSEA instead (works better for some languages).

You should be able to see a treeview of your games. When making edits, click Apply followed by Commit Changes.

Wow I have been reading this entire forum post and Filefornt comments and the readme i had done so much to try to get this to work and thanks to jedisheml and Tk it was fix i saw sheml's comment to go here and i downloaded the non english version (even though i bought it in in the us for some reason the english one didnt work ) and bamm its all peachy

Cheers to you and stay thirsty my freind. :guiness:

Hey folks!

I'm new here. Loved the KSE, had a question---what are the "Craft" and "Mastercraft" feats in the editor? I'm reasonably sure they don't exist in-game. But it's also rather late and I'm rather tired, so I could be completely ****ing up.

:-) thanks!

Hello all! (this will be my first post on my new account :D (My other one was Dumb-1... lol)

I am experiencing problems with KSE - It won't start at all.

I got no mods installed, and recently did a fresh install of KotOR, but it is not working for me, I click the icon, wait a few seconds and nothing happens..

Any fix for this?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a strange problem after using v3.3.3 - I just started a new game (KOTOR) and I'm on Taris, and some of my shopkeepers are missing, but there's an empty space with their name where the head would normally be. When I click it, the game crashes. I have all the latest patches for the original KOTOR - could this be causing a problem? Also, initially, my player created was a scout, then somehow changed to a scoundrel (I didn't change his class - I discovered the change after loading up a save I edited) and had lost his head. That I fixed by changing the head and portrait in KSE.

KotOR has a thing against duplicate heads (your head is expected to be unique). If you choose a head that is the same as another model in the game, then when that model is displayed, the game will try to use backuphead specified in heads.2da. If there is no alternate head (as in the case of some NPCs) then headless-horsemen effect kicks in. Crashes occur when the game tries to make them talk.

Try selecting a standard player Appearance in KSE (those that begin with "P_"). Every NPC that has these standard heads as their primary head are also defined with backup heads.

KotOR has a thing against duplicate heads (your head is expected to be unique). If you choose a head that is the same as another model in the game, then when that model is displayed, the game will try to use backuphead specified in heads.2da. If there is no alternate head (as in the case of some NPCs) then headless-horsemen effect kicks in. Crashes occur when the game tries to make them talk.

Try selecting a standard player Appearance in KSE (those that begin with "P_"). Every NPC that has these standard heads as their primary head are also defined with backup heads.

Well I fixed the missing head issue for the Main Character (me), but the issue I'm having with the shopkeepers (like the Droid Lady on Taris) is that she is missing entirely, not just her head.

Is this more or less the same issue?

Edit: Corrected Telos to Taris. Also missing are Ice from the non-leathal deathmatch in the upper city, and almost half the people with proper names from the Cantina.

Hi

I have a couple of questions you may be able to help with...

I'm playing through KotOR2. I would like to know if it is possible to change the save-game settings to reflect the outcome of KotOR1. I played Revan as a male Jedi with light-side ending and a romance with Bastilla. However, in KotOR2 Revan is referred to as a female and it sounds like it was a dark-side ending :( I gather this had something to do with my conversation with Atton near the start... I was sure I said the appropriate things, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect. In the global settings I found these...

101PER_Revan_Sex: 0 101PER_Revan_End: 0 among some others.

Does anyone know what needs to be changed to match up with my KoTOR outcome?

Secondly, there was a conversation on the Ebon Hawk which allowed you to choose your old lightsaber, silver as moonbeams, orange as sun on tatooine, or purple like some jewel or whatever it was.

Is there a way to change this in the savegame setting?

Thanks!

Hi

I have a couple of questions you may be able to help with...

I'm playing through KotOR2. I would like to know if it is possible to change the save-game settings to reflect the outcome of KotOR1. I played Revan as a male Jedi with light-side ending and a romance with Bastilla. However, in KotOR2 Revan is referred to as a female and it sounds like it was a dark-side ending :( I gather this had something to do with my conversation with Atton near the start... I was sure I said the appropriate things, but it doesn't seem to have had any effect. In the global settings I found these...

101PER_Revan_Sex: 0 101PER_Revan_End: 0 among some others.

Does anyone know what needs to be changed to match up with my KoTOR outcome?

Secondly, there was a conversation on the Ebon Hawk which allowed you to choose your old lightsaber, silver as moonbeams, orange as sun on tatooine, or purple like some jewel or whatever it was.

Is there a way to change this in the savegame setting?

Thanks!

You could start a new game and answer the questions differently then compare the two in KSE.

You could start a new game and answer the questions differently then compare the two in KSE.

Good idea. I'm also slightly worried that other conversations I've had may also affect other variables later in the game. I don't want to make a big inconsistency later :S.

I may just re-roll anyway, though I'm reluctant to do so, because I have put about 8 hours into it already.

----

In fact I will re-roll because it affected the game such that I missed certain encounter with my old characters. :(

KotOR has a thing against duplicate heads (your head is expected to be unique). If you choose a head that is the same as another model in the game, then when that model is displayed, the game will try to use backuphead specified in heads.2da.
I know it's a little thing to correct, but the backup head part is actually in the appearance.2da file. I had to throw that in there just in case somebody looked into finding that feature and wondered why it wasn't in the heads.2da file.

Good idea. I'm also slightly worried that other conversations I've had may also affect other variables later in the game. I don't want to make a big inconsistency later :S.

I may just re-roll anyway, though I'm reluctant to do so, because I have put about 8 hours into it already.

----

In fact I will re-roll because it affected the game such that I missed certain encounter with my old characters. :(

Changing Revan's Gender and Alignment won't impact anything, as far as I can tell. I tested it using tk102's link and haven't run into any problems, though I think eventually, it may impact the ending a tiny bit, though I don't recall, as it's been two years since I played this last and I'm replaying it again because I wanted to see how much better KOTOR and TSL would be on my new PC, and I only have about 40 hours logged this time around.

I've been having trouble getting both the cheats and then KSE to work. I managed to properly edit the .ini file to enable cheats, but my computer is messed up and doesn't recognize the `/~ key while in games. So I tried the savegame editor, and found that although it found the savegames with the correct info, whenever I attempt to edit anything (like amount of credits) and commit the changes, although it says it was successful, when I boot the game up with that particular save file, the changes aren't there. Any ideas? (The keyboard issue has been annoying me for some time now, too)

Archived