Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

Well i installed the game to my c/games/kotor directory and swkotor.ini changes affected cause i tried Disable sound =1 and it had effect, but now i try installing it on program files and then modifying swkotor.ini from the /users/virtualStorage/etc

I allso tried both the us and european console brigging but no effect.

If it dont work i go to my friend on weekend and iam brigging kotor and my savegames with me and playing past the spot and brinning save games back to my vista computer,if even that fails something will blow up

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi i have question, the game save editor is not working for me. Can you guys help?

update:hi i can change somethings like filenames but feats and skills do not show change in the game.anyone know why? also i am near the beginning of the game in the mining facility. I am playing currently as the robot.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I love your tool and enjoy it, I just download it today and try it out.

Since the cheat console doens't seem to work.....

But I notice some option doesn't work sure as credit or Item....

please tell me if there is a problem or maybe it just doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...

well i think i found the problem i had with kse and in generally kotor..

i had the desire of replaying kotor 1 first then kotor 2... and use kse for easy things...

Well i installed some mod too and there is the problem...

I create a save with kotor but in the save directory it doesn't create anything, kse see anyway the save, i can change it but when i try to load it remain at 30% around and don't load... i searched in the directories and seen that kotor don't create a save... so i tried to put kotor.exe in admin mode and well.. it create the save... but the problem is another!! mod won't work anymore 'cause of it so how i can solve this things?

Oh btw in appdata and virtualdrive there is nothing at all about kotor

• 3 weeks later...

Alright here's my problem, I go through my first play through of KotOR using KSE, so I max everyone's stats, Force powers, items, classes, all that jazz, all works well 1st play through is all good, and I could do all that fine in my 2nd play through, only this time I couldn't trigger more than one party member conversation with Canderous, couldn't trigger any PM convo's with Juhani.

And then I could only trigger a couple with Bastila but no more, and so I tried a new play through and the same problem occurred, and I tried things like adding and reducing XP, removing and re-adding classes, lowering the levels, increasing the levels but no matter what I did I couldn't trigger new conversations with them, so yeah.

What do you think the problem is?

Are you maxing out the level of the characters too? If I remember correctly the some of the sidequest conversation scripts record the xp level that you (or the NPC) is at and the next sequence checks to see whether you've an increased your level before it initiates. If you're already at level 20, then you wouldn't be able to sequence through the dialogs.

If my memory is wrong here, I apologize. I'm on my laptop without KotOR installed.

Are you maxing out the level of the characters too? If I remember correctly the some of the sidequest conversation scripts record the xp level that you (or the NPC) is at and the next sequence checks to see whether you've an increased your level before it initiates. If you're already at level 20, then you wouldn't be able to sequence through the dialogs.

If my memory is wrong here, I apologize. I'm on my laptop without KotOR installed.

Yeah I maxed out the levels of my party members, too. Do you think I should try next time doing everything else but avoid adding any XP or high levels, just like, start with 0 experience as you would in a non KSE manipulated play through, and just start say Level 1 Scout/Level 1 Sentinel and start each NPC at level 1 for Jedi classes?

Hello, everyone! I'm new here, but not entirely new to this site (I've visited many, many times getting mods, tools, and advice). Before I submit my problem, I would like to say, KSE is THE best cheating device I've ever used, even when compared to the old-fashioned GameShark I used to have for my PlayStation (I hated having to type in those long strings of random numbers)

Anyway, I read through at least eight pages of this forum, and I havent found anyone with a similar problem, so I figured I'd post.

I was going through the mods I have installed (for KOTOR 1 on the PC, I dont have KOTOR 2... yet) and making sure they were all compatable. After I was satisfied that they were, I went into a save to make sure everything was working. I noticed that my female Chiss PC didn't have a texture for her body (an unrelated problem, that I've already fixed).

So, I saved and went back out, fixed the problem, but when I tired to load the save, KOTOR crashed. So, I went into KSE to see if I could tell what the problem was, and, in the NPC section Zaalbar, Mission, and T3's names had all changed to "Bad StrRef". I went into one of these files, and got an error. The error from kse.log is this:

02-07-2009 21:22:03 #1#000002 - Game1#NPCs#NPC7 clicked

error:Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1467.

Tk::Error: Not an ARRAY reference at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1467.

Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1079

Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /PerlApp/Tk/Tree.pm line 77

Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1080

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 282

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 98

<ButtonRelease-1>

(command bound to event)

And, in the NPC stat section, all the stats are replaced with: HASH(0x51 be850)

I found a semi-similar problem (at least one having to do with an ARRAY reference), and it said the problem was with the PARTYTABLE.res. So, I figured I would replace the partytable with one from an earlier save. Well, now it can load, but those three characters dont even appear if I set them on my party in KSE, and it still crashes if I have Jolee in my party (I'm in the temple on the unknown planet, and jolee was the only one I had with me... I found it very strange that it only crashed with him, when he wasnt one of the characters whose stats were messed up)

Edit: just now, when I tried to check it again, it came up with an error when I clicked on the NPC section, instead of when I clicked on an individual character, new error is:

error:Can't use string ("234") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1352.

Tk::Error: Can't use string ("234") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at kotor_savegame_editor3.3.3.pl line 1352.

Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1079

Tk::Tree::IndicatorCmd at /PerlApp/Tk/Tree.pm line 77

Tk::Widget::Callback at /PerlApp/Tk/Widget.pm line 1080

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 282

Tk::HList::ButtonRelease_1 at /PerlApp/Tk/HList.pm line 98

Which is almost, but not exactly, the same error...

It's weird, though... the game seems fine, as long as I dont use Mission, Zaalbar, or T3, and as long as I keep Jolee out of my party...

(Sorry about the length... didn't know how much, or how little, information was necessary)

Did you change your dialog.tlk file? That might be a reason for all the BadStrRef errors you've been getting. If you have an earlier save that you haven't messed with, you can try loading that one, as a corrupted PartyTable.res is not easy to fix. You'll be better off starting a new game.

- Star Admiral

Yeah, I think I do have a mod that changes it... yeah, that explains it... Luckily I did have a save only a little while back, which is weird, cause I always override... (although, I now realize that that is a very dumb idea)...

Well, cool, thanks guys.

P.S. Just got KOTOR 2... and then I started learning all about it's incompatibility issues with Vista... :( ... You know, if I didn't love games so much, I would just completely swear off machines altogether...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hi guys, I downloaded the KSE but when i try to run it nothing happens. After a while I opened my task manager and while looking at my task manager I run KSE then I could see KSE pop up but just to disappear the next instant. This happens every time I've tried it. Gone on for days with this, I have no mods installed the only thing I've done is to enable cheats. So do anyone know what to do.

All I want is to find a quick way to add feats and powers. Maybe someone know another easy way.

Archived