Home

KotOR and KotOR2 Savegame Editor (KSE) - Current Version: 3.3.3

tk102

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 weeks later...

I'm having issues using KSE, I'm at the Telos station and I've saved two games around the same spot so that 1 can be tested with while the other ensures I don't lose my data while doing it. However, whenever I used KSE and then try to load up the save file, the load stops at around 25% and does not progress further but task manager does not state that the game is frozen. I've tested to see if the changes were too drastic but only editing something like credits and it still hangs. Is there something I'm doing wrong ?

I'm having a weird issue. v3.3.3 has been working fine until today, but now it doesn't work. I've tried putting stock items (blue lightsaber, crystals, etc.) in my inventory with it, but they don't appear in-game. It's only happening now, it worked fine last time I used it. I'll try 3.3.2 and see if that works.

Edit: 3.3.2 works fine. Still not sure about 3.3.3.

i finally got tsl running on vista (used the vista fix) and tried using the save game editor (v3.3.3). the appearance field is completely blank and almost everything i tried to change doesn't show up; example, i gave myself 2 red and 6 silver lightsabers and got 1 green one. the attributes don't change at all, the good/evil doesn't change...i'm lost. i've used this utility plenty of times before...

any help would be greatly appreciated. my wife is about to throw things at me.

Edit: ...and i just figured out the green lightsaber only appears after the "skip peragus" sequence. so, actually, the save game editor is doing absolutely nothing.

Edit 2: mods i'm using:

skip peragus

jedi temple

unrestored content

high level force powers

m4-78

• 2 weeks later...
Note: Max Hit Points and Max Force Points, while editable appear to be calculated

at the time the savegame is loaded. Therefore while these fields are editable, the

game will change the values back to what it calculates as correct. It is therefore

better to change your Wis/Cha and Con to affect your MFP and MHP.

Hi there is solution to add I think. There is one more attribute in the save game file called:

BonusForcePoints

So I think this should be displayed as well and modyfiable. I think this includes also the class bonus for each level and that is why I am not able to change my character corretly. I was unfortunately unable to compile the source file myself missing (at least I think cause I never used perl and I am not programmer at all :))

use strict;

use Bioware::GFF 0.64;

use Bioware::TwoDA 0.14;

use Bioware::ERF 0.12;

use Bioware::TLK 0.02;

use Bioware::BIF 0.02;

use Bioware::TPC 0.02;

use Imager;

use Tk::PNG;

use MIME::Base64;

use Digest::HMAC_SHA1 qw(hmac_sha1);

Anyway could you please do me a favor and make that editable in the future versions ? :)

Or anyone know how to modify it directly in the .sav file?

Thanks,

Arek

recently I reinstalled kotor on my computer after a long dryspell where I had uninstalled it along with all the mods I had in place along with the save game editor.

My problem is that I started a new game, only the files from my old/deleted game still appear with the save game editor which also does not show the new game or the new files in the editor when one clicks on it.

How do I fix this problem? Because it kinda defeats the purpose if I can't use the editor like I wish

• 1 month later...

Been playing TSL, currently in the Sith Academy. The savegame I've got won't start the Darth Sion battle, even though I've completed all the requirements for it. Is there any way to simply skip the battle? I've tried editing the status of the "Trapped" quest so that it thinks I've beaten him, but the save simply will not load when I do.

Edit: Scratch that, problem solved. Seems I just needed to update the "Lost Jedi" quest as well.

Hi, does anyone have a working link for the kse cutscene fix.zip file? I cannot find it anywhere and have the cutscene problem on the Ebon Hawk.

Edit: And just after posting this I find it haha,

http://www.iconzarena.co.nz/downloaditem.aspx?did=121

That's a link to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Savegame Editor v2.0.7 utility, from 2004, which contains the files needed! :D

• 1 month later...

So I have a problem. I start the game everything works fine everything is awesome.. But then any character except the droids has a problem. Their tongues and eyes and teeth are in the right spot. BUt the rest of their body is spliced into pieces and spread out. And then when the characters or NPCs finally stand up theyre sideways floating in the air. How would I fix this?

so i have a problem with the handmaiden. i could not get past the telos academy. every time i boarded the ebon hawk, i got a black screen and couldn't continue. my solution was to reinstall the game without the patches, which got me past the black screen, then installed the patch, but the handmaiden never joined, even though she's mentioned multiple times. i'm now back at telos, where apparently i have to converse with the handmaiden, who isn't there. is there some way i can edit the game saves to make her show up?

So I have a problem. I start the game everything works fine everything is awesome.. But then any character except the droids has a problem. Their tongues and eyes and teeth are in the right spot. BUt the rest of their body is spliced into pieces and spread out. And then when the characters or NPCs finally stand up theyre sideways floating in the air. How would I fix this?

May I ask what, If anything, this has to do with KSE?

so i have a problem with the handmaiden. i could not get past the telos academy. every time i boarded the ebon hawk, i got a black screen and couldn't continue. my solution was to reinstall the game without the patches, which got me past the black screen, then installed the patch, but the handmaiden never joined, even though she's mentioned multiple times. i'm now back at telos, where apparently i have to converse with the handmaiden, who isn't there. is there some way i can edit the game saves to make her show up?

I don't believe that the saves can be edited with KSE to spawn a problem with a character spawning. Are you playing your game with any mods? They can sometimes cause unexplained glitches.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Within this past month I have used KSE 3.3.3 for the first time. I can't believe what I was missing out on!!!!

My only gripe is that you cannot grant any of the higher forms to any character as they are associated with events. I tried tricking the machine, but that didn't work. Still had fun re-meeting or fighting the jedi masters. I believe you must not have initiated the end game path sequence in order for it to work that you'd get a form, though the only stage/master I can imagine this working on would be onderon/Kavar (and a class change).

I did have fun making my character a minion and getting the crazy attribute progressions--weird the skills are all capped off at 19 for that class. Or just plain granting yourself every feature in the game.

A jedi master with master fury. :lol:

Quite fun to play around with it.

• 1 month later...

With kse ver 3.3.3 tk102 I have found that If you add more than

1 of a allowed item in kotor or kotor2sith lords it messes up your save game.

Thus you have to delete your save game and play your last

save game then when you reach the point you need to be at save it.

I have also found out that each time you play the game

before starting kotor1 or 2 you have to re enter all your edits

including the good/evil part I set mine to 0/99999 for evil.

But before you set your good/evil part delete the zero

thats automatically in there then enter your own zero and 5 9's.

And heres a major problem but it does pay to use common since on this one.

The problem with the class part is when you go to change it

before you hit change do your homework on the various classes.

If you are a soldier I suggest changeing it to jedi counsaler casue you can use a

lightsaber and force powers.

Now for the porblem when I first did this I didnt hit the change

button but the add button which casued a error problem with kse

and messed up my save game.

And like before I had to delete it and re play everything but I didnt mind.

And there was one edit I did one kse ver 3.3.3 tk102 that messed

the actual game up it loaded to one point then stuck.

I also know that kotor 1 and 2 glitch but it also sticks and then goes black screen

all at the same time.

I have also discovered the kse ver 3.3.3 tk102 can make it glitch more offten but

not sure if it casues the sticking and screen going black all at the same time.

I have witnessed kotor party members moving at snail speed sometimes in the game

regardles of location.

I hope this information helps everyone who uses kse ver 3.3.3 tk102

from makeing the same mistakes aka errors that I did.

This question may already be here somewhere, but I couldn't find it anywhere, so I'll ask.

I recently downloaded KSE to play KotOR I, and I've found an odd glitch. I don't mess with class, leveling, or gender changes -- all I did was select MinHP1, max out stats, and give my character plenty of credits. I did not alter the class levels or anything. I am using Vista and I did download the most recent version of KSE.

Anyway, the gameplay itself is fine, the only issues with that is that sometimes it fast forwards through scenes straight to the dialogue choice screen. The thing that is bugging my though is that there seem to bee strange lines criss-crossing the sky in odd directions. It first started in the Undercity on Taris, but was non-existent in the sewers or Lower/Upper City. After leaving the Undercity into the Hidden Black Vulkar base, the lines plagued me no more. But they returned when I landed on Dantooine at the Jedi Academy. The sky was full of these lines, and they vanished when I entered the building, only to return in the garden area on the way to the High Council. Currently, I am on my third test by Master Zhar to become a Padawan, but I am back outside and the further away from the building I get, the more the lines dominate the screen. I cannot proceed any further because I can't see well enough unless I go back to the Academy.

Please, what is causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff

I recently downloaded KSE to play KotOR I, and I've found an odd glitch. I don't mess with class, leveling, or gender changes -- all I did was select MinHP1, max out stats, and give my character plenty of credits. I did not alter the class levels or anything. I am using Vista and I did download the most recent version of KSE.

Anyway, the gameplay itself is fine, the only issues with that is that sometimes it fast forwards through scenes straight to the dialogue choice screen. The thing that is bugging my though is that there seem to bee strange lines criss-crossing the sky in odd directions. It first started in the Undercity on Taris, but was non-existent in the sewers or Lower/Upper City. After leaving the Undercity into the Hidden Black Vulkar base, the lines plagued me no more. But they returned when I landed on Dantooine at the Jedi Academy. The sky was full of these lines, and they vanished when I entered the building, only to return in the garden area on the way to the High Council. Currently, I am on my third test by Master Zhar to become a Padawan, but I am back outside and the further away from the building I get, the more the lines dominate the screen. I cannot proceed any further because I can't see well enough unless I go back to the Academy.

Please, what is causing this and how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Jeff

I wonder if you followed the correct installation procedures? Especially the Dantooine Lag fix? What you are having is pixelation issues, caused by either improper installation, lack of added fixes, or a GPU issue. KSE has nothing to do with anything you are experiencing, IMO.

I would save my override and saves folders, archive them, uninstall and then re-install following the instructions in this thread. Pay attention to the details - it will be the difference between joy and pain.

If that fails, you will need to go to the Workbench and get a little help from our resident install guru, Evil Q.

Hey, Late into the scene. I only recently got the game through one of Steam's sales. Got it for $2.49.

Anyways. I'm using the editor to make my character how I originally wanted. But, I'm having problems with the force powers. My currently working save has

Force Push

Force Whirlwind

Force Wave

Wound

Choke

Kill

Throw Lightsaber

Adv Throw Lightsaber

Shock

Force Lightning

Force Storm

Affect Mind

Dominate mind

What I want is to have.

Force Wave, Kill, Force Storm, Dominate mind, Disable Droid, Horror/Insanity, and Master Speed. My problem is when I disable everything and enable those. My game crashes when I go to my menu and try to view my force powers.

Do I need to enable all the force powers underneath those? Like building up to it? For my feats, I enable the master versions of them and they work. Can I only have so many force powers? is there something I'm missing?

Hey, Late into the scene. I only recently got the game through one of Steam's sales. Got it for $2.49.

Anyways. I'm using the editor to make my character how I originally wanted. But, I'm having problems with the force powers. My currently working save has

Force Push

Force Whirlwind

Force Wave

Wound

Choke

Kill

Throw Lightsaber

Adv Throw Lightsaber

Shock

Force Lightning

Force Storm

Affect Mind

Dominate mind

What I want is to have.

Force Wave, Kill, Force Storm, Dominate mind, Disable Droid, Horror/Insanity, and Master Speed. My problem is when I disable everything and enable those. My game crashes when I go to my menu and try to view my force powers.

Do I need to enable all the force powers underneath those? Like building up to it? For my feats, I enable the master versions of them and they work. Can I only have so many force powers? is there something I'm missing?

I think this may be due to game mechanics, scripting variables, all sorts of things.

Mostly, you may be avoiding too many pre-requisite force powers in those progression trees. For example, if you want to have Master Speed, you have to have the first Jedi Speed and second ?Knight? Speed for you to also logically have Master Speed.

Also, some of those spells require certain PC XP/level, so having them too early might cause your game to crash. Generally, if you avoid leveling up in the early game (by saving a lot, and playing as skillfully as you can) until you begin training, you can generally work out your force powers quite happily and by end-game have everything you want plus.

Use KSE early on to give yourself better PC/NPC stats, some cash and items, skills and feats. Use it later on if, say you play as a Guardian and you are level 19 (or whichever level works for the spell in question) and still don't have all of the powers you want.

Archived