Home

The Flat Earth Society

Dagobahn Eagle

Flat Earth Society

1. What is the Earth's shape?

The Earth is flat. It is shaped in the form of a pentagon, and thus has five corners.

5. Does the "middle corner" prove that 5=6?

Yes.

Addressing #5:

Okay....

If I have 5 bottles of coke (I wish) and I consume 5, I will have none left. But if I have 6 bottles of coke and drink 6, I'll have -1 to 1 left (looking away from the fact that in order to have -1 bottles I have to consume 1 when there are 0, which I can't)? Meaning that 6-6=(-1 to 1). But if such is true, how much is ( -1 to 1 ) + 5? 4 to 6, right? Meaning that either I've got four, or I've got five, which equals six....

And what And what if I drink 5 of 6 bottles?

But more disturbing is that I have a family of 6 people (2 adults and 3 kids:eek: ). Who's the sitxth one?! Where is she/he!?!

8. What is, then, at the south pole?

The Edge of the World. It is surrounded, at least in places, by a huge mountain range.

14. What about photographs of the Earth from the moon?

Most of these are fake. It is well known that the "moon landing" was faked. The film of what is claimed to be the moon was taken in the desert in the US state of Arizona.

Addressing #14:

There is numerous "evidence" that the USA never landed on the moon. Among these are the lack of stars in the sky, the peculiar lighting and the direction of shadows from the rocks, module, flag, astronauts, and whatever else. All of them, however, have been scientifically and rationally explained.

16. Can ships be 'lost' at the edge of the Earth?

Yes, at least in places where there are no mountains preventing this from occurring. The edge of the Earth is, in places a tremendous waterfall, and anything going over the edge will disappear into the aether. This can also happen to aircraft which fly off the edge.

20. Does Idaho exist?

No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).

Addressing #20:

Erm.. excuse me, but I've actually been to England... and if England doesn't exist, who did the Germans fight in the Atlantic in the Battle of Britain? I suppose Hitler took part in the US conspiracy and downed his own fighter planes...

As soon as an e-mail link is posted at the site, they'll get a .Word essay from me:). I'm looking forward to their response.

The Eagle

The Springfield Effect is the effect by which every place named Springfield is, in fact, a link to the same place. There is, in reality, only one place in the universe named Springfield, although many places connect to it.

So somehow springfield, Illinois and Springfield of the Simpsons are one in the same? Thats intelligent.

This has to be a joke guys, I mean, did you read the part about how FELFA is going to dig a hole through the earth and flatten it because the TV producers made it round?

They're also talking about getting to Mars to plant artifacts on mars before NASA gets there to prove the bible....:rolleyes:

This has to be a joke guys, I mean, did you read the part about how FELFA is going to dig a hole through the earth and flatten it because the TV producers made it round?

They're also talking about getting to Mars to plant artifacts on mars before NASA gets there to prove the bible....

Actually, the Flat Earth Society has been around for a while and it's not, disturbingly enough, joking.

I wrote this essay that I'd like to zip and send to them when they allow e-mails. Just as much to hear some new arguments of theirs as to prove them wrong.

- - - - - - -

Arguments against the “Flat Earth-theory”

The sinking ship illusion

One time while being out on the sea I was lucky enough to watch a ship, a sail ship, as a matter of fact, on the horizon to the starboard side of our boat. I remember that the ship appeared to be partially sunk, or sinking, and that only the top of its hull, as well as its masts, were above the horizon.

A flat Earth

On a flat object, there would be no way a vessel travelling away from the observer would appear to be sinking, although it would still appear to get smaller and smaller.

(Illustration)

A round Earth

A vessel travelling toward the horizon away from an obersver on a round globe will appear to sink below the waterline. Although it is not literally sinking under the surface of the sea by losing bouyancy, it does sink, gradually, out of the field of view of the observer.

(Illustration)

“Which way am I swimming?”

An argument against the fact that the Earth is round is that if a person in the United States was to regard the world as “right side up”, a person in Japan would be litteraly hanging from the ceiling or pavement in his house or street. “Come on, there is no way a person can be upside-down and not realise it!”

Not so. In many situations, you can be facing in one direction and think you’re moving in another direction. Ask any veteran fighter pilot and they will confirm this. This is also the reason why planes are equipped with artificial horizons: A pilot, disoriented after a spin inside a cloud bank, thinks he’s flying upwards while he or she is actually plummeting towards the Earth. There is no way for the pilot to know this, however, as they see nothing but the greyness of the clouds outside of their cockpit, and the constant G-forces pull them into their seats. Thus, you can find yourself exiting a cloud bank, thinking that you’re sitting the right way up, and then look “up” and see the mountains you’re flying over “above your head” rather than below you.

Another example can be tested and proved by anyone who knows how to swim. I was swimming and snorkling in a hotel swimming pool, and, after having done some somersaults underwater, I started heading up for the surface. Then my hand touched the bottom of the pool. I thought I was going up, but in reality I was going towards the bottom of the pool.

A third example is the way a victim of an avalanche sometimes finds himself or herself unable to determine which way is up and which way is down. All they see is either the white snow or a complete darkness. Squeezed against the snow by the snow, they have no way of knowing which way to dig to get to the surface.

All of these examples refute the argument that a Japanese would think she was hanging from the ceiling if an American thought he was standing on the floor. G-forces press us towards the surface of the planet because it rotates (try putting water in a bucket and then spin the bucket around fast. The water won’t run out). Then how can we stand up if we’re forced against the Earth? Well, we can’t. It takes practice to even crawl, remember? Or can you show me evidence of a baby that has been able to walk since the first day of his life?

Actually, the Flat Earth Society has been around for a while and it's not, disturbingly enough, joking.

Nah, I think your joking... I remember the site from a while back, I assumed it was a joke.

20. Does Idaho exist?

No. The existence of Idaho is a lie, fabricated by a conspiracy of cartographers, as is England (see question 10).

Never been to Idaho, but I was born in England....

That's not proof...it's just the round earth-people-things tricking you. :rolleyes:

I don't understand how they could think the earth is flat though. I mean, we have satellites for cripes sake. We have all the benefits of them working, they could only be put up there if we had means to get in space, we've been in space, we can orbit the earth. It's freakin round.

I wonder why they think that, even with wanting to launch a ship to Mars which is round, Earth is different from the rest and is flat...

Never been to Idaho, but I was born in England....

No, you were created as a demonic experiment in Hell, Michigan. They just lied to you to keep your fragile mind from imploding.

:p

(There actually is a town called Hell, clarified by Thraken Solo)

I don't understand how they could think the earth is flat though. I mean, we have satellites for cripes sake. We have all the benefits of them working, they could only be put up there if we had means to get in space, we've been in space, we can orbit the earth. It's freakin round.

THATS ROUND EARTH TALK!! :eek:

(There actually is a town called Hell, not sure if it's in North Dakoda though..)

Hell, Michigan. MWAHAHA! I've been there

Originally posted by Thrackan Solo

<.<

>.>

I GOT IT OFF SKINWALKERS WEBSITE!:eek:

*runs*

But Skinwalker doesnt have a site..or does he?

Dun dun dun!

(Tune in next time to find the Mysterious Website and see if Idaho really exist!)

If you dig a little, you might find it... but it's nothing major. A simple blog with links to the places I haunt :)

BTW, nothing serious getting discussed here... it might have more play in the swamp

FINALLY! I get to send one to the swamp for a change!

Archived