Home

The Oscars

Solomon

Did anyone else watch it? It was pretty good, much better than last year - mostly because of Billy Crystal - he's really funny :D

The Return of the King won all 11 nominations - wow! And Johnny Depp didn't win for Pirates of the Caribbean :( Heey - that movie was kinda like Monkey Island, in a way. Cool :)

Yeah, Titanic is bad (Ray only didn't watch it because the IT wasn't capital).

I saw The Abyss yesterday and god is that awful. I used to regard James Cameron as a very cool guy for making Aliens and Terminator, but how on Earth can he stand for the crappy water movies???

Originally posted by RayJones

but i've heard the afterparties are good, especially the girls and the coke. :D

Yeah, smooth perfectly granulated coke, that goes straight up without sticking. It's practically liquid. Once I used the kind that comes in a can, but it just wasn't the same.

Well, I know people cry about LOTR basically whoring the Oscars this year, but I'm personally very pleased about it.

Those movies were excellent, and after seeing the sheer scope of the work required to create them (watch the extended edition's "Making of.." DVDs) then I cannot help but feel they totally deserved receiving the awards for all the set design and such.

It's just a huge pity for the other movies that ended up being involved in the Oscars this year.

Yeah, I've watched the making of's on the extended DVD's and they did totally deserve the oscars they got even though they weren't actually aiming for oscars, but rather to make a good movie, which they did ten times over.

But I have to feel sorry for the rest, it's like a bunch of people going up for the Good Samaritan Award against Jesus, Gahndi or Bob Hope, it just wouldn't work.

Archived