Home

Too much of a coincidence to a famous picture in UT2k4

Guardian Omega

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

"Goatse" is the name of a rather infamous picture of a man bent over err.... pulling something of himself wide open, with both of his hands.

I still have nightmares from the first time I saw that picture.....damn Eets anyways. :swear:

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I still have nightmares from the first time I saw that picture.....damn Eets anyways. :swear:

roflmfao, I remember when you first saw that. You were absolutely HORRIFIED. Delicious Leemu cuteness :D

and rofl @ both pics in this thread

Actaully a closer examination of the two pics side by side shows a few subtle differences, namely the color of the UT logo's and the materials appear to be more shiny in the full game. I can certainly tell you it's not in the game - I mean, how much would that stick out? It's the only solid chrome item on the map, in plain view, thrust upward to the heavens. My guess is it was made by somebody other than the artist's with Epic and Atari, but then Again I have no idea

On a side note what is the "GOATSE" map in UT? I've looked all over for it.

Originally posted by teknoranger

nah me thinks it was some horny prankster spending a few blink-less hours staring into Photoshop

If you look at the shiny member, you can see the level is accurately reflected on it, and is accurate for the curvature of the phallace. What's reflected on it is actually what is there in the level, upon further inspection within the game..

This leads us to 2 conclusions.

Either one of the level designers put it in as a joke, a while prior to release, and took it out later. (this is what happened afaik)

or...

someone had a copy of the level prior to release and imported it into a 3d modelling program where they inserted the object and made the reflections accurate (unlikely)

This pictures been out for a lonnnnnng time.

Originally posted by MMMPIE!!!

*Glances over at Rhett*

*has a gigglefit*

Rhett would be the one with way too much time on his hands...:D

Archived