Home

Indy 3 CDTV

freddie

Originally posted by ATMachine

What's so remarkable about a 256 color version?

Anyway, the back cover there shows that the CDTV port is a 16-color version.

Yes when I load it into ScummVM it says:

indy3EGA

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (German/Amiga)

It appears that all Amiga versions would be indy3ega..

Notice, that I own an actual copy of this so we are not discussing pirated products here. Soon I should also have the CDTV Loom, which I hope, to be more interesting than the Indy3.

Originally posted by ThunderPeel2001

Cool! I wonder if there was any difference in the game itself? Could it have been a 256 color version, I wonder?

I don't think any CDTV version would be in 256 colours - the CDTV was essentially an Amiga 500 with a CD-ROM drive, and therefore woefully underpowered for any kind of 'multimedia' application! The best you could hope for would be for it to have Redbook audio tracks or spoken dialogue, but even that would have been a touch ambitious!

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

Its not in 256 colours, the resource files for indy3 cdtv are exactly the same as those for the normal amiga version. Its exactly the same as far as I know.

Yes it looks the same. I'll have the Loom CDTV in a few days as well so I can give more info on it.

Of course what you really want is MI1 CDTV ;)

Thats the rarest lec port in existance, of course its rare because it seems like only one copy was ever made, but still without that no lec collector's collection can ever be complete.

You're all doomed to failure, and no this isnt just me being bitter because you all have far more cool stuff than I do.

You are just bitter. I don't care about the MI1 at all. I didn't care about any of the CDTV games but since the chance came up to get the two I did. The German fellow I got them from claims that they were never actually sold, that Lucasarts ordered them all destroyed before they went to market and he was working at the distributor at the time and took one of each. I don't know if that is true but it would expain why it is so hard to find them.

I only seek out items that were sold. I don't lose sleep at night over promo and prototype things.

I thought you were wanting a Monkey Island poster? I have three of them, keeping one for my collection which leaves two.

Originally posted by bgbennyboy

Of course what you really want is MI1 CDTV ;)

Thats the rarest lec port in existance, of course its rare because it seems like only one copy was ever made, but still without that no lec collector's collection can ever be complete.

You're all doomed to failure, and no this isnt just me being bitter because you all have far more cool stuff than I do.

Archived