Home

The sex and the Jedi

Immortality

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Attachment is forbidden. Possession is forbidden. Love is forbidden and therefore sex.

Anakin only said "Compassion, which I would define as 'unconditional love' is essential to a Jedi's life. So you might say that we are encouraged to love", as an excuse so he could get his leg over. :D

Uhm... I am assuming that any kind of physical attachment is forbidden then. Or is it spiritual attachment forbidden too? What about love for friends/family? How cant you be atached to your friends, for example? Even if Jedis live in celibate, its impossible not to have some sort of "reaction" to certain people.

And also, do Dark Jedis follow the same rules? What changes in a Jedi when they turn into the Dark side?

(sorry for all the newbie questions :))

Originally posted by Immortality

Uhm... I am assuming that any kind of physical attachment is forbidden then. Or is it spiritual attachment forbidden too? What about love for friends/family? How cant you be atached to your friends, for example? Even if Jedis live in celibate, its impossible not to have some sort of "reaction" to certain people.

And also, do Dark Jedis follow the same rules? What changes in a Jedi when they turn into the Dark side?

(sorry for all the newbie questions :))

Hmm, dark jedi probably do.

The sith seem too obsessed with power to have the time though they must since they interbreed with the original sith.

I imagine the jedi do as well they just see it as falling, as love invokes powerful emotions and that can lead to the darkside...

Tge Jedi code states that Jedi are not allowed to love, and even if so, should keep their emotions underwater.

Anakin was a clear-cut exception in this. His arrogance, and Dark-Sidishness infected his mind sent him for Padmé. Padmé didn't know much about the way of the Jedi and let Anakin love her. Soon, his emotion of love became lust and soon, the Skywalker twins were born.

Jedi aren't allowed to have sex since sex invistes lust, greediness, intoxicationg thoughts, dirtiness, "the feeling" and finally, anger due to betrayal. All of these factors open the door to the Dark Side, and what happens next? Anakin will explain...

Jedi are allowed to love, though. Nothing further than that. No sex, no compassion, no "encouragement to love" or anything.

Ahem. My apologies and thanks Weiser_Cain. :)

Also, things are getting confusing now too... How come George says casual sex is ok as long as the Jedi doesnt get attached? I mean... isnt it WORSE than having sex with someone you love? As JediNyt says... boy, thats shallowness!! ;)

So.. uhm.. some straight answer would be ok :)

Also... what about dark jedis (sorry, the same question again) cos i didnt really get if they can or cannot love. I also think that the logical thing is that they want the power of the force so much that they wouldnt even think of love/sex, as it wouldnt be in their plans, as long its not for a very specific reason, like... reproduce? :)

I believe JediNyt was joking when he said what he did, you'll have to forgive that, we are fairly light-hearted around here

I believe that if you are a jedi, sex is forbidden

as for the Sith, if they find time between all the plotting to overthrow the galaxy, they can do whatever they like. They run off of base emotions; hate, fear, etc.; so they can probably have sex, though I doubt that any sith really loves anyone other than themselves.

And force sensitives can probably love & get married and such, because they are only sensitive to the force & not governed by the Jedi Council or Code

hope that helps! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Archived