Home

who here games on a laptop?

Scrodo_Saggins

Well I've tried to, but with varying success. And yes I use it for college, and for talking to you nice folks in my boring philosophy class (well sometimes it's not) with my pretty cool wireless internet connection. Really I only play UT, Quake, and Galactic Battlegrounds on it during, and after lectures.

It's a home away from home :)

oh and its an HP and I'll get back to you with the specs...even though I'm still working on my new baby right now. It should be up and running next week :) x 2

I am almost exclusively laptop based, and have been for ~2.5 years.

I use Dell Inspirons and Apple G4 Powerbooks.

I run everything - JA, JKII, CoD, etc ... FPS, RPG whatever. Runs great.

I believe king of the laptop hill is the ATi Radeon Mobility 9700, next level below that is the ATi 9600 and the nVidia GeForce FX 5200 and 5700.

Mike

Originally posted by Egg Destroyer

I do! Its my main computer.

Toshiba Satellite 5200. I believe Astro has one too.

indeed. I love the darn thing....life wouldnt be the same without it !

here tis....

AstrosToshi.jpg

dont let ppl tell you laptops arent for gaming.... I do all my gaming on mine...... heres an older pic of me giving JO a run.....

as far as nvidia cards go, the FX 5700 GO i believe is the most advanced, it is 128mb IIRC.... I have an FX 5600 GO, at 64mb, I will be upgrading next year when my lease renews ! :D

mtfbwya

YepYep, laptop gamer/programmer/web designer/bog standard worker/learner mapper etc etc etc

I had to get a decent mouse and I have to remember to turn my touch pad off when I play JO or JA :lol: but it runs better than my old desktop.

It's a Compaq Presario 2100, 512MB RAM, 20 Gig HD.

Sounds fancy, but it isn't :p

Runs quick enough so long as I'm not on a 56k modem connection :lol:

Graphics pretty good too and I sacrificed the chance for a 30 Gig HD in order to have an extra inch on my screen :lol:

Sad, isn't it? Having limitations on wallet size?

Archived