Home

KOTOR 2 screenshot and KOTOR 2 details

Elite Jedi

Firstly where is this screenshot everyone is talking about? But at least i got some info from EGM Mag

- Through conversations, you not only shape you past, but also what happened in the original KotOR

- You star(t) as an exiled Jedi from the Mandalorian Wars

- You do not get a lightsabre until later in the game

- You somehow get control of the Ebon Hawk

- The only character to return to your cast is T3-M4

- While HK-47 will not return, you will get someone just like him

- Instead of one main opponent, you oppose Sith Lords

- The number of customizable gear will increase ten-fold

- 2 members of the new cast is a older Jedi (female) and a ("pretty boy", imo) soldier

- All of the characters have side-quests, like in the first

- Revan's in an unkown part of the galaxy, and will return at some point in the game

- As you upgrade your feats, the feat animation gets more complex

- On top of the Guardian, Sentinel, and Consular classes, you advance to one of the following classes:

Jedi Master (like Yoda)

Jedi Watchman (like Obi-Wan)

Jedi Weapon Master (like Mace Windu)

Sith Lord (Emperor Palpatine)

Sith Marauder (like Darth Maul)

Sith Assasing (?)

- New force powers

- TURRET FIGHTS ARE OPTIONAL NOW!

(Posted from IGN fourms)

So where is that screen shot? I couldnt get the the fourm in time before it was deleted. Anybody?

Yep. Saw the same article in my EGM too. I'm a little dissapionted by the story.

I wanted to play as Revan in the sequal

but the games not coming out in two years, so maybe they'll make a change.

It gonna be freakin' awsome. Can't wait to be a Sith assasin.

I'll fill in some things you didn't mention, Craftsman.

-New planets (One of them Tilos, Carth's planet)

-You'll run into original characters from the first game

-The game is set five years after KOTOR 1

-Little will be improved graphic and gameplay-wise

-When you talk to people, your dialog choises will affect the story's five year gap (Like, if you were dark side the first game, you would say that the Sith destroyed the republic)

-If you make a light side or dark side choise, they will affect the people around you as well. Say you make a dark side decision. Some members of your party idolize you and will gain a dark side point too. But if a party member doesn't like you, they will dsagree with your choise and gain light side points.

-There will be 10 party members to choose from, but only 2 can go with you at a time

-Your first mission will be to repair the Ebon Hawk

- ONLINE PLAY, BABY!

-New workbench options

-The game will not be developed by Bioware, but rather Obsidian Entertainment

That's all I casn think of now. There's more, but how 'bout all you read it. Lazy basturds.

great news! yet this contradicts what they said a while back when they mentioned a sequal would be hundreds of years after the time of KOTOR 1 with a completely new cast of characters but heh, I'm still psyched! this should get these boards up and really runnin again.:D

BTW, can anyone post any pics or are the devs taking them down?

Originally posted by JediFanatic10

you said that gameplay would be different... PLEASE PLEASE tell me the fighting gameplay will be different! Also... tell me some more about the advancements in Jedi classes...

First of all I said VERY LITTLE will be changed graphic and GAMEPLAY-wise. And second, it's combat is why it's so damn good. It's what seperates it from other games. Obsidian just said that they were going to polish the graphics a bit, and do absolutly nothing to the gameplay. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

New updates (sorry for the 2x post)! Thanks Computer Gaming World

-The game is supposed to be realesed in February, 2005

-Every character has some specail ability, so you don't just choose all Jedi (That pretty boy solider is actually ment to resemble Han Solo, and he can never die in battle).

-The game will have a very darker feel than Knights 1

-New force powers include Battle Meditation (Universal power), and Force Rage (Dark Side power)

-As mentioned before, you don't get your lightsaber until later, but not for a while. It's one of the huge quests

-As an exiled jedi, your connection to the force is lost, so don't think it's going to be an easy begining

-CGW also said that HK-47 will return

Thanks Sam.

You wouldn't happen to have the new CGW, and be able to scan it? :)

I am sure Obsidian won't change the combat, as it was one of KotOR's most popular features.

And graphics-wise, if they are able to do something against the aliasing and jagginess [especially on Tatooine] and get a 100% stable framerate locked down, I am happy :)

Oh god ! I hope this KOTOR 2 will have another brillant revelation like KOTOR 1 and also hopefully the sith will be interested in coming after YOU! and not anyone else! also if you choose the dark side I hope you can go back as a sith lord and go back and kick some butt if some one has given you a hard time while you are not a Jedi and I also hope that the sith will try and lure you to the dark side for example:

You are in a cage on the sith lords star destroyer (example only)

and you are forced to watch one of your good party members suffer and the sith lord gives you a choice of joining them or one of your party members die

The sith lord says to your character

"Join me, or watch your freinds die!"

And you are helpless to help your freinds so you have no choice but to go with the sith lord and join him but your freinds eventually escape (sought of like when Bastilla got caught by Malak in KOTOR but this time YOU are captured or somthing.

Also hopefully the choices you make along the way can affect every thing and once you make the choices things actually change around you say you meet a girl on the tatooine streets and you see her being happy with her mother in her home but you make a wrong choice towards the dark side some how that choice that you made some how changes the girl and her mother maybe even the entire planet it self also you if you make the right choice you might come back with tatooine covered with think lush rainforest (these are just some of the things that i think might be brilliant and very interactive in KOTOR 2)

Also a long the way you my actually find out that may be Reven might actually be you long lost twin brother! lol think I getting to over board here

hopefully also you get to play as a female or male. hopefully toy can also once again make one of your party members fully in love with you and also make another one fall in love with you at the same time and you make the two woman fight over you but that heads towards the daqrk side etc...

Any way these are just some of the cool ideas for KOTOR 2

see sam you got me all wrong I aint saying change the combat... im saying make better animations... it's got so dang repetitive using flurry 1,000,00 times a battle... ya know?

Kill the blasphemer :D

j/k

Originally posted by blackmoon

Kill the blasphemer :D

j/k

You cant kill me... i am invincible... no jedi can touch me...

ya know i really want to know what ever happened to revan... i know that a cameo is a toss up but i say do it cause that would be sweet

Originally posted by kookaburra

Also hopefully the choices you make along the way can affect every thing and once you make the choices things actually change around you say you meet a girl on the tatooine streets and you see her being happy with her mother in her home but you make a wrong choice towards the dark side some how that choice that you made some how changes the girl and her mother maybe even the entire planet it self also you if you make the right choice you might come back with tatooine covered with think lush rainforest (these are just some of the things that i think might be brilliant and very interactive in KOTOR 2)

Very good idea,but IMHO,this idea will make KotOR2 take, 40GB of disk space instead of 4GB.[No offence.]

You cant kill me... i am invincible... no jedi can touch me...

He's right about that. No one can touch him while he's safley in the control room of the Statue_of_Liberty_look_a_like_robot_with _a _vacuum _cleaner (a.k.a. - Spaceball1).

Well, no one except perhaps Mr. Coffe or Ludicrus speed!:D

First of all I said VERY LITTLE will be changed graphic and GAMEPLAY-wise. And second, it's combat is why it's so damn good. It's what seperates it from other games. Obsidian just said that they were going to polish the graphics a bit, and do absolutly nothing to the gameplay. IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

I couldn't agree more. I absolutely love the combat because it gives you options of how to attack - rather then just a "hack and slash" like with JO [haven't played JA so I can't compare]. It's also good to hear they will be ironing out the graphics. While they were great, there was just a few spots here and there that needed some touching up.

-The game will have a very darker feel than Knights 1.

Again great news. I've played the game over and over countless times and I find myself being a slave to the darkside more often then not. :dev11::)

Archived