Home

AotC TC and Hypocrisy (no flamewars please)

razorace

I always wondered what the direction of the TC was gonna be. It seemed like a lot more time was invested into MP but when you think about it, time would be better spent in creating SP levels as the story follows anakin and obi-wan pretty much as opposed to MP which is more of an afterthought (to me anyways). Plus the alleged lack of MP players online kind of supports that claim, though i could be wrong. I would really like the team to consider putting on hold the MP side and concentrate on the SP campaign which is what a TC is really all about at least in my mind, and really it doesn't have to be a TC, JA is a pretty decent game all things considered, sure some of the detection is off but that's what we have come to expect with the q3 engine. It's limitations are there and there's nothing you can really do about it unless you get the code straight from the devs. I think it should be called what it truly is....... a mod. I know the team has the talent to do it but where this goes from here on is anybody's guess.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Al I can say is: STOP!!!!

Yes, the AotC:TC made me angry, but still, I have to support them. They are doing this stuff for free. I'd like to see you make a TC. Plus, they never released all of the demo.

Razorace, I don't know about the stolen files, but if one or two people stole the files, why put all of the blame on the AotC:TC. That is like saying that every Muslim is a terrorist because of the actions of a few.

:fett:

Everyone stop spamming this thread with junk, and get back on topic. As I understand it, this thread is about settling differences, and that doesn't happen without communication. Remain civil and on topic. And no more STOP!! signs, thanks - it's annoying and resolves nothing. :tsk:

OK here's something to think about and also to get this topic where it should be. The new team leader or whoever should set deadlines for his staff and enforce them. Keep a chat window open at all times while getting constant updates from your staff. Maybe once a day or so. Second focus on what the most important aspect of the mod is and work on that aspect exclusively. In my mind it would be the SP campaign as opposed to the MP as it follows the AOTC storyline, correct? Churn that out at a good pace. I think the game should have at least ten levels or so. Most good multiple level packs that i've seen have taken an author at least 2-6 months of work depending on scripting, level design, voice work, etc.

Some may think i have no right to say anything as i have not put in any work or contributed any ideas to the mod. But really the focus shouldn't be on who said what or who's wrong or right. It's about a game that we all want to play and enjoy.

But really the focus shouldn't be on who said what or who's wrong or right.

In order for some of us to move on some nagging questions need to be answered. Some of the things that went on behind those closed doors of AOTCTC were hurtful to the community. Just an explaination and the truth. No PR, no ego tripping.

No body has pointed fingers. Those of us who have problems have layed them out in a concise and logical manner. We're just waiting for the return volley. The problem being that we get the run around and vague answers. Skirting the situation. If these things aren't accounted for a lot of people are going to (and) have hurt feelings and there will be disharmony between the various mods and modders.

And RazorAce really went out on a limb for these guys. The least they can do is treat him with respect.

Keshire, i totally sympathize, but really, it doesn't look like the guys who are at fault are just gonna come out and say they're wrong. Pride is at stake here, but foolish pride it seems which is hurting the modding community. You guys got ep 3 coming out in a year and I think an episode 2 mod would be pretty moot if it's realeased after the 3rd movie. Then what about a mod based on episode 3? It's a sure bet someone's gonna take on that huge responsibility, the question is will they see it through?

What happened to the Promod code that Artifex gave to the AOTC TC Team? It's obvious in the demo that they went the AIMOD route for bots and totally forgot all the features that made promod so great. Now they are using ojp stuff instead...

Just what, after all this time and hype, has the AOTC TC actually finished?

Well the trouble with ProMod is that it was done for Jedi Outcast, not Jedi Academy.

So, as with all code based mods, it would have to be adapted or re-written for the other game, which would take a lot of work.

I agree, I'd much rather have that than the 1,000 stances of AI Mod, personally. And it had a lot more "ooomph" in terms of gameplay change than what we got in the demo, for sure.

Did someone mention Promod? Now there was a great f*cking mod! It had a few problems but nothing that a small update couldn't fix imo. If I recall correctly, Anakin and crew said that an update was just around the corner but alas, that was over a year ago. Hell, I almost miss Lazarus queering up the promod servers.

Archived