Home

Help me! No sound!

Hugo

I have just dug out my old copy of the Monkey Madness Disk that includes the full versions of Monkey Island 1 and 2 ( and a demo of 3), But when I try to play Monkey Island 2 on my PC there is no sound??

I have tryed to go through the trouble shooting text file but it does not help very much, does anyone have any idea??

Monkey Island 1 work fine because all the music is run from CD audio and the Monkey island 3 demo works fine.

Help me...

[predict]

people will come and tell you something about scummvm and that you might type that magic formula into your google. probably you will end up at scummvm.sourceforge.net then.

someone else will tell you about VDMSound and VDMSLauchpad and that you should google for this. then you will propably end at ntvdm.cjb.net

[/predict]

hey. perhabs i can help you out. try VDMSound found here

or just google for it.. :D

Really useful, have only just got a new PC, after being absent of one for years, so i dug out all my old Lucas Art's point and click games only to have the horror of no sound.

But all is well now.

Such great games, why after the 1990's did these games not generate equally good sequels??? Surley Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, Loom, Indiana Jones all deserve sequels???

(not to mention a Monkey Island game thats back on form, did love number 3 though)

Where is Ron Gilbert now??

Archived