Home

the boogeyman!

RicardoLuigi...

basically...list people that you were scared of when you were a kid. or scary people you made up. or people that you're still afraid of. just for fun. and to see what an idiot you were when you were 6 years old.

here's a good one:

CHESTER THE MOLESTER. we live by a playground/park. we have for the past 4 years. one day, one of my neighbors made up a story about an old bum that lived in the woods- chester the molester- to scare his little brother. it didn't work. anytime something weird happens, or there's something creepy in the woods, it's blamed on chester the molester. in fact, we went to the tennis courts today, and there was a woody area behind us. a ball went flying a few feet in, and i picked it up, and there was this path. so i looked down the path, and about ten feet down, there was this clearing w/a chair. an old, dingy, beat up metal chair. one of those foldy ones. might've had chains tied to it. don't remember, but it might as well have, b/c it was creepy as hell. so my little brother says "hey, it looks like chester the molester moved".

let's see...and another time, we were around the park, on the walking path, and there was this shopping cart on the edge of the woods (there's a jewel-osco two blocks down). we were pretty sure it was b/c chester took it.

and a week or two ago, there was this bum sitting by the pond eating a sandwich, and everybody was like "oh my god! it's chester the molester!"

there've been multiple other spottings of things...you know, crop signs, alien sightings, children randomly disappearing for days on end and coming back home w/their face half eaten off. all have been blamed on chester.

That ghost librarian from Ghostbusters used to freak the **** out of me when I was six.

What else? Well, my brother has this skull once that had some vein system or something that scared me a lot. It being ten years ago, I don't remember exactly what went on, but I remember he kept dissappearing and putting the skull in different place. Next thing you know, the skull is covered in green blood out of nowhere. My brother freaking me out telling me it's moving and stuff. My brother's dissapeared again, and I'm all alone. I'm screaming for his name and stuff and he comes out covered in green blood, saying it got to him.

Man, not only does that remind me of how stupid I was, but also what a bastard my brother was...

I was scared of a lot of things though. I had a big imagination. Music sometimes scared me.

Planet. Of. The. Apes.

The gorillas totally freaked me out. I think I was even scared of the chimps.

They are munkees. They do human stuff. Aaarrrgh!

I also had a fear of deep pools. There was a recurring nightmare with me walking on a narrow path with very deep and dark basins on both sides which had sharks in 'em.

i just remembered another thing i was afraid of...

when i was 7 (i think, maybe younger) i asked my mom to buy the board game "clue" for me, so she did and then we played it. and then i went to bed that night and i couldn't fall asleep b/c i thought mrs. peacock was gonna come out of my closet (i was afraid of my closet, too. it was pitch black at night) and shoot me w/the revolver. and then i finally fell asleep and i had a nightmare that she came out and shot me. so the next day my mom asks "hey, you want to play again?" and i said "no". so she asked why, and i said "this game is scary, mom" and she said "what's scary about it?" and i said "i don't know. but last night i had a nightmare, and mrs. peacock shot me!". so my mom was like "okay, then. i guess we should return the game. maybe we can buy it again some other time."

looking back on it, i can help but thinking what the f*ck was i even afraid of?:confused:

do you know the boogeyman? The boogeyman, the boogeyman....

I used to be afraid of the tree in my backyard. I know it sounds dumb, but it was all shadow-y, and creepy and right outside my window. I had a dream where it had eyes. Not like in the socket eyes, but kinda like "OMG! I'M GONNA GLUE EYEBALLS TO A TREE!".

yeah.

@Jofa: Yeah....my sister was an expert on that crap. When I was four, she pretended to be a dead person (a ghost) and it really freaked me out. My mum was out, so she kept it up for about two hours...

...i'm sending her the therapy bill...;)

Originally posted by RayJones

there was a star trek episode with a "salt from humans sucking monster"

yeah, i remember that episode... the victims had this red circles all over them...

that was scary (when i was young...)...

When I was about 4, I couldn't get to sleep because I thought witches were going to come on their broomsticks and kidnap me.

Wich leads me onto another question. you see, I have no idea where the idea of witches and broomsticks came from. i was 4 and the first time I'd ever encountered it was in movies and cartoons I saw when i was about 7. Is this some kind of concept that just get's handed down to you like hereditarily (is that a word?) or am I just repressing memories?

And is this true for more stereotypes and so on, like wizards having pointy hats and dragons breathing fire. because my earliest memories of me seeing this or reading about this had me expecting all of this.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

No, it's all a subject of fantasy, Joshi. Just myths. Witches may have broomsticks, but they use it for strictly cleaning purposes. As for pointy hats, who wouldn't want one of those?

I was talking about the concept of witches with broomstick. This is a big misconception, but how exactly does it get to us without any outside sources (i.e, how could I, at four years old, be fearful of such a thing if I'd never heard the concept before).

But please note, being a witch is being a person who commands respect, and to command respect, people need to know that you're a bad ass witch with an attitude to boot. In order for that to happen, people need to know you're a witch, hence why one would wish to wear a pointy hat (and all black... preferably). And yes, as well as flying, broomstick and also be used for sweeping, and a good witch (i.e, one that is practicle) would indeed use it for such a purpose.

That's not to say they wouldn't use it for getting around as well, if it gets you there faster then that extra run up is nothing to laugh at. Cats and crystal balls are okay as well, but not entirely needed, it depends on which of the trilogy of witches you are.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

As for pointy hats, who wouldn't want one of those?

Tibet_yellow_hat.jpg

Ray: The witches I've read about will chop off your peeter and bake it into gingerbread. Think about it...

:max: Joking. Actually, Wiccans are pretty nice people who only rarely take knives into the bedroom.

Originally posted by Dr Edison 007

I know a few people who think they're witches, they don't ride broomsticks or cast spells on people, but they still scare the hell out of me. One of them went with her boyfriend to become a ghostbuster and I'm not sure how that turned out.

You have to tell me about them so i can mock them so.

Archived