Home

Tonsilitis... joy :(

GonkH8er

Going under the knife in about 12 hours to get my damn tonsils out. I've endured recurring tonsilitis for the past 10 weeks, and finally got fed up with it, so they're getting burnt out.

Should be fun. What's everyone else doing tomorrow? :) I'm going to be laying in theatre under a GA, with a tube down my throat... heh...

I hope the GA wears off in time for me to watch wheel of fortune...

Anesthesia is kind of funny. I found it especially funny when they ask if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to the drugs. If it's the first time, how should you now? And if you happened to be, there's a jolly good risk you wouldn't actually wake up. Ever.

So, if it's the first time, when they give you the drug, it's nice to think that the operating room might be your last glimpse of this world...

Oh my word, I had to have that when I was a kid :/

You'll be fine but woozy and the sore throat's gonna cut for a while, but as Siv said

well at least you get to eat loads of ice-cream

And he's right :D

Just rest really well afterwards and enjoy the fact that other people have to look after you for a wee while.

Take care and all the best man :)

yeah, the older you get, the worse it is :)

ice cream should be good... ive already gone through half a tub of icecream that was sitting in the freezer and i havent even got them out yet.

ive got a good book, my ipod, and ill have tv in my room... so my overnight stay at the hospital afterwards should be fine.

and despite being a science student and knowing that waking up during the operation is exceptionally rare, it still scares me. I can think of few things worse than being concious and able to feel pain during an operation, but unable to control body movement.

Good luck with that. I'll be praying for ya.

I had an operation once, and they gave me heavy amounts of sedation medicine, and it didn't phase me one bit. I was awake through the entire thing. I got some GOOD sleep that night, though.

Granted, the operation wasn't on my throat or on anything like that.

Edit- Reading your previous Post, I really shouldn't have told you this information. :p

Gonk, having your tonsils out late is hell, I did mine a cpl of years ago, when I was 27 years old.

first day was fine.....yes, it was the morphein

then the second day hit ! BAM ! y'know that description some ppl use, when even drinking water "is like trying to swallow shards of glass, or razor blades", well it *dead accurate* !

I spent the subsequent 2 weeks on panadeine forte and slept half the time, and moped in misery the other half, I wasnt even feeling well enough to be bothered with my pc or ps1 or anything..... the only positive thing that happenned during this time is because I ate hardly anything I lost 9kgs ! Put it all back on in a few weeks though :( And when you do first start eating again, stuff feels/tastes very weird in your mouth, because your taste buds havent been getting the regular stimuli, they take a little while to kick back in :)

on the upside though, since I had them out, im breathing better, sleeping better, and can eat/drink cold things again without making my throat sore (which is what used to happen...)

hey, since rythe has his license now, maybe he can come and visit you in hospital.... :p

mtfbwya

No sharp foods for a while. My brother got his out and they said he couldn't eat pretzels, chips, or anything else thats "sharp". And you don't want to eat 'em either! I saw a 5 year old once who had their tonsils just out and she ate a pretzel, the ultra-sensitive inside flesh of her neck burst and she was bleeding buckets!. So you should wait 2-4 weeks. Whatever your doctor says.

yeah well i already have a mild bleeding problem

increased prothrombin time due to a vitamin k deficciency, resulting in a mild coagularity problem.

so bleeding will be the biggest problem during and after the operation. fun times :(

anywa, i have to be up in 5 hours to go to the hospital, then when i get there, sit round for another 5 hours. have to get there early to see the anaesthetist. yay :)

have fun, all :) If i die, stormhammer can have my stuff :)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

Going under the knife in about 12 hours to get my damn tonsils out. I've endured recurring tonsilitis for the past 10 weeks, and finally got fed up with it, so they're getting burnt out.

Should be fun. What's everyone else doing tomorrow? :) I'm going to be laying in theatre under a GA, with a tube down my throat... heh...

I hope the GA wears off in time for me to watch wheel of fortune...

Wow you had to do it an a fairly old age. It's gonna hurt like ****ing hell. I had it done when I was 4, I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. After the pain goes away you MAY gain some weight, but it's not as bad as you think. ;)

Originally posted by Darth Groovy

Wow you had to do it an a fairly old age. It's gonna hurt like ****ing hell. I had it done when I was 4, I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. After the pain goes away you MAY gain some weight, but it's not as bad as you think. ;)

meh, id like to see it TRY to make me put on weight. My metablisms pretty good. I can eat a whole pizza and lose half a kilo.

And no matter how much crap i eat on a haily basis (pizza, burger king, more burger king.... burger king), i cant seem to put on weight. it has its perks :p

anyway, its 6am... such an ungodly hour, especially in winter. im off to hospital. toodles :)

no ransacking my place

no experiments on my body

other than that, go for gold :)

Yeah, I had mine out when I was three. It didn't even phase me. I actually got out of the hospital and asked my mom to make me a hamburger when we got home. Then she told me I can't eat nothin but pudding and soup-none sharp stuff. Oh I was mad, and hungry. I snuck a Dorito, my Mom caught me eating it and it did nothing to my stitches, it was awesome!!! The doctor was amazed the dorito didn't cut it.

But hope your doing well! And yes, it hurts worse the older you are. But wonderful painkillers are your friend man!

Archived