Home

Redo M1 and M2?

pirate boy

Originally posted by Largo LaGrande

GuyBrush Threepwood's face change in MI2 was him growing up from MI1 young boy in to a teenager in MI2.

He was 18 in the first one, 19 in the second one. At what point was he not a teenager and able to transform into one?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes you think that what you say is automatically the facts and that what we say is all imagination? I think your theory is no more factual than ours. It's all just fan speculation. The true answer is just that they did it cause they could. They felt like it. And they probably thought it was cool looking.

I will repeat my last message

JawaJoey we obviously understand the game better. Because that’s exactly what I said it was nothing to do with him being poor they obviously haven’t read The Book, The Comics or understood the game correctly.

Like I said the whole Jacket idea was actually Guybrush Threepwoods transition from Monkey Island 1 Guybrush Threepwood wana be pirate to Monkey Island 2 Guybrush Threepwood Mighty Pirate.

GuyBrush Threepwood's face change in MI2 was him growing up from MI1 young boy in to a teenager in MI2. I preferred the more realistic and detailed Guybrush Threepwood he looked more like a mighty pirate in MI2, now Lucasarts have made Guybrush Threepwood looks more like wimp than a Mighty Pirate I hope they change him back to how he looked in MI2.

:monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4::sweating:

Skinkie you call yourself a fan of Monkey Island games and you have not even read the book or the comics. The book is called "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood, the Monkey Island Years" and the comic is called Monkey Island the comic there is even a radio station for Monkeys Island.

No 'Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood' was published.

And there are plenty of comics out there on the web. If you're refering to Paco Vinks one, he's not even finished the first one yet. Again, no comic has been published.

The book is called "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood the Monkey Island Years" -Not real

the comic is called Monkey Island the comic - No official ones, the closest thing would be the Sam and Max comic from the LucasArts Insider that had LeChuck's cameo. But this isn't really a Monkey Island comic.

there is even a radio station for Monkeys Island. - Again nothing official

I think you need to do some more research before you go questioning who here is a fan.

Skinkie you call yourself a fan of Monkey Island games and you have not even read the book or the comics. The book is called "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood, the Monkey Island Years" and the comic is called Monkey Island the comic there is even a radio station for Monkeys Island.

No official ones, the closest thing would be the Sam and Max comic from the LucasArts Insider that had LeChuck's cameo. But this isn't really a Monkey Island comic.

Skinkie and Joshi "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood, the Monkey Island Years" who do you think wrote this book hint, hint, also no it isnt available at book shops but it is online and it is downloadable it can also be ordered from a good bookshop.

Also the Monkey Island comic and the radio station are based on the book "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood, the Monkey Island Years" they are not offical but there just a more enjoyable and colourful way to read and hear "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood, the Monkey Island Years"

No freaking 'Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood' was published, jackass!

Joshi I have not once been offensive towards you in anyway and I am not amused by your mild but abusive language. This is a Monkey Island Forum to have fun and talk politely about Monkeys Island games you are obviously not that way inclined.

Joshi I have not once been offensive towards you in anyway and I am not amused by your mild but abusive language. This is a Monkey Island Forum to have fun and talk politely about Monkeys Island games you are obviously not that way inclined.

Sorry, but the fact tyhat you can't get your facts right does annoy me somewhat.

That said, yes, I should not have said that and the offending material has been edited out of good will. I apologise.

But, just to clarify, there is no Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood. This was made up by the game designers as something to put on the back of the boxes. No bookshop will sell it if it's a fan creation, that would be against copywright laws and LucasArts would sue. Any free fan creation on the web is irrelevent as to someones status as a fan of the games. If they've played the games and like it they're a fan.

Also, would you please be kind enough to direct me to a full Monkey Island comic on the web as I am sure that none have been published for sale or otherwise but would be interested in seeing a full one on the web.

Again, sorry for my outburst.

Obviously the "The Memoirs of Guybrush Threepwood, the Monkey Island Years" was made up by the game designers it is not real just like Monkey Island itself. However it does exist and parts of it do refer to the storyline used in the game.

There was a full printable version of it I did have it and I read it, I am sure I downloaded It from the Scumm bar a year or 2 ago maybe Remio can comfirm that however it might have been removed due to copywright laws.

Also my book shop can get me a pinted version of it not as a book as a printed document.

Apology accepted Joshi however if you bad word me or any of my friends on here again I will leave this website and inform my friends to do so as well. At the end of the day this place has always been second best because our favourite place is the Scumm Bar.

Joshi I would like to discipline you personally In a Half life 2 Online Death match. Or if you have Star wars Galaxies tell me your Characters name and I shall hunt you personally and also pay bounty hunters and Jedi’s to capture you dead or alive.

:guybrush:

The only one we had on TSB was the novelization, but that was highly unofficial, written by a fan. It's removed now, as it was never updated.

Somebody did ask me to put the memoirs from the walkthroughs up, but I'm too lazy to type all that up. Feel free to do it for me at will. ;-*

Originally posted by RemiO

Somebody did ask me to put the memoirs from the walkthroughs up, but I'm too lazy to type all that up. Feel free to do it for me at will. ;-*

I might actually be willing to do that, but couldn't you just scan them? Would that be any "less legal?"

All the old LucasArts adventure games had those cool "narration-style" walkthroughs in their hint books. Maniac Mansion had "The Tour of Maniac Mansion" narrated by Dave Miller, and was a possible solution with the Dave, Bernard, Michael combo. Zak, Indy3, and Loom had narration walkthroughs as well (starring Zak, Indy, and Bobbin naturally). Monkey 1 and 2 had the memoirs. They were all really good reads. I never had the CMI or EMI hint books, so could anyone tell me if those contain full memoirs as well, or were they limited to the back of the box quotes at that point?

Anyway, tell me if you can't do scans and I'll start typing them out (the first two games).

Apology accepted Joshi however if you bad word me or any of my friends on here again I will leave this website and inform my friends to do so as well. At the end of the day this place has always been second best because our favourite place is the Scumm Bar.

Joshi I would like to discipline you personally In a Half life 2 Online Death match. Or if you have Star wars Galaxies tell me your Characters name and I shall hunt you personally and also pay bounty hunters and Jedi’s to capture you dead or alive.

Noted and I won't badmouth you or anyone else here again, but please note, as a moderator, I am here to keep the peace and if people do step out of line (granted, of late, i am guilty of this), I will take action, so don't think I'm going to be a pushover of a mod just because I'm refraining from abuse or offending people.

Also, I'm not much of an online mutiplayer type of guy and don't own either of those games, so offer unfortunately declined.

Remio

The only one we had on TSB was the novelization, but that was highly unofficial, written by a fan. It's removed now, as it was never updated. Somebody did ask me to put the memoirs from the walkthroughs up, but I'm too lazy to type all that up. Feel free to do it for me at will. ;-*

Thanks Remio for the information you have been very helpful Scumm Bar Forever.

Joshi

Also, I'm not much of an online mutiplayer type of guy and don't own either of those games, so offer unfortunately declined.

Is this the truth or are you chickening out, also Joshi if you dont like online mutiplayer games would you still buy and play Monkeys Island 5 if it was a online mutiplayer game like Starwars Galaxies and Everquest 2.

Smokes

'll play you in Half-life 2 (If it ever comes out, 30th september hopfully) and i'll give you a royal caining to boot!. It will be for the title of who hates joshi more!!! Please don't go mad at this joshi. It was a joke, a bad one, but still a joke.

Cool you’re on Smokes once its released I will post you a message on here and we can play for the title cannot wait. Remio hope you could join in to when Half-life finally comes out.

Originally posted by smokes o' pot

Please don't go mad at this joshi. It was a joke, a bad one, but still a joke.

The "joke" would sound a lot better without that at the end. Don't worry about me, just say it anyway.

Originally posted by Largo LeGrande

Is this the truth or are you chickening out, also Joshi if you dont like online mutiplayer games would you still buy and play Monkeys Island 5 if it was a online mutiplayer game like Starwars Galaxies and Everquest 2.

No seriously, I don't own either of those game's, I'm more of an adventure gamer (hence Monkey island, although I do branch out to good games like The Longest Journey and syberia and have almost finished Beyond Good and Evil, which, whilst not a graphic adventure of sort's, has a puzzel quality to it, a nice story and nice gameplay).

If MI5 came out with Multiplayer capabilities, I would still play it and may try the Mutiplayer part of it, for fun. If it was strictly a Multiplayer game, I may try it out, but would be skeptical as to how much of a real MI game it is and wouldn't have very high hopes for being entertained.

If Monkeys Island 5 was a Multiplayer game like Starwars Galaxies I also would be skeptical. Because as a multiplayer Online Monkeys Island Game we would have to create the story and who would get to be Guybrus, becasuse most of us would love to be him.

My biggest worry would be the fact that StarWars Galaxies game charge you a big monthly fee to play the game.I would not be happy if Monkeys Island Online also charged a monthly fee.

My bigget problem would be the fact that most massive multiplayer online games are crap. World of Warcraft will hopfully be the first good one (except for Phantasy Star online, but no one played that!)

Yeah your right joshi it did wreck the joke but I really wasn't in the humour of another discussion with ye. I'm not a multi-player gamer meself, only half-life and unreal tournament, there is something that stops first timers from starting online games.

Originally posted by smokes o' pot

My bigget problem would be the fact that most massive multiplayer online games are crap. World of Warcraft will hopfully be the first good one (except for Phantasy Star online, but no one played that!)

That's all relative, most MMORPG's are crap, and I'm not saying a MI MMORPG would be great, but it does have the potential to be.

Archived